Grunwald: No more moves

smokes

Huge Member
Glen Grunwald is not looking at dramatic ways to upgrade the Knicks.

?As a GM, you?re always looking to improve the team but I don?t foresee any further changes at this time,? Grunwald said before the game Friday. ?We?ll see how it all plays out but we?re hopeful that this group will come together and play basketball and hopefully exceed expectations that were set for them at the beginning of the year.?

With the addition of J.R. Smith, the Knicks appear to have one of the deepest rosters in the league.

?Mike and I have been working together, along with our staffs, to get this team where it needs to be,? Grunwald said. ?I know expectations were high and we had high expectations too. So Mike and I are focused on trying to get this situation as good as it can be, so we can have the best team that we can have and that?s all we?ve been worried about so far.?

I think this shows that our backroom staff must be confident in Baron Davis' ability to return and contribute. It's obvious that we have a deep team but currently 0 depth at the PG spot. Unless Baron comes back and plays.

If they weren't confident in that happening I'm sure they'd be looking to deal for a PG. We all know Mike needs his PG's.

KingofNy

Starter
This should help the team play better and ease the players' minds knowing they're not about to be traded resulting in better chemistry.

Paul1355

All Star
This should help the team play better and ease the players' minds knowing they're not about to be traded resulting in better chemistry.

very true, but the trade deadline is coming up which means we might still try trading Douglas and/or Bibby.

Eman

Benchwarmer
If an impending trade doesn't involve Dwight, please let there be no trades for the team this year.

KingofNy

Starter
very true, but the trade deadline is coming up which means we might still try trading Douglas and/or Bibby.

Yea but I highly doubt teams will be kicking down our door for guys like Douglas and Bibby. You'd have to think we already tried to make a trade to make room for J.R. When no one wanted to play ball we released Balkman.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Grunwald really has done everything right this year imo.

For all we know he could be lying. But at least he is making the players not constantly think they are going to be cut or traded.

Wargames

Starter
The Knicks should be done and as long as they don't have an implosion Grunwald will likely win GM of the year awards. He had a rocky start but the Knicks went from no depth to a team who might have the best team talent wise from 1-7 (Melo, Amare, Lin, JR, Tyson, Fields, Smith). On top of that the majority of the team is either young or in their primes.

That is definitely a dark horse championship contending team ala the 99 Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Grunwald is a FAILURE

The thought of Interim GM Grunwald talking/working with Mike Dantoni on
what is best for this Knicks team should make all Knicks-Fans ready to....
:barf: :barf: :barf::barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

The Knicks not going after 2nd season PG-Ishmeal Smith speed/passing-skills
to workout in practice with Jeremy Lin under Melo/Stat/Tyson tutorship....
or sign veteran PG-Arron Brooks over SG-JR Smith....shows how bad our Knicks
scouting report on NBA players has been with Grunwald & Dantoni at the helm.
The Knicks has been getting great outstanding performance from SG-Fields
and SG-Shump on offense/defense in the 4th quarter of the past 10 games....
what will the addition of a 24 minute playintime SG-JR Smith do to the performance
and playingtime of Fields/Shump?

Baron Davis NBA career has always been a halfcourt offensive guard....
Blake Griffin has tripple the highlight fastbreak dunks/alley-oops with CP3 in
20 games than he had in a full season with Baron Davis.

What grade do u give interim GM Grunwald after owner Dolan amnesty PG-Billups
to sign C-Tyson Chandler? both signing of PG-Bibby & PG-Baron Davis were
Grunwald selection to add nothing to the team in 31 games.

Wargames

Starter
I was a big advocate for Ish smith but if the baron recovery stories are true then he would have been buried on the bench. Also Arron Brooks is a RFA meaning the suns QO is higher than any team can offer right now. Also JR smiths shooting ability will help the knocks against Zone defenses like the one the hornets used Friday to beat the Knicks. So yeah thats why it works.