Grid or Riot
Logos0219.png

STARTING LINEUPS

DallasLineup.png

Lineup.png

DZWONSSON'S CRUCIAL MATCHUP

Matchup.png

MEDIA CORNER

After experiencing his first loss as an NBA starter, New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin might get some help.

There's at least a slight chance that Baron Davis and J.R. Smith could be added to the rotation Sunday afternoon when New York hosts the Dallas Mavericks, who will try to add to both their longest winning streak of the season and their recent mastery of the Knicks.

Lin has become a national sensation since he first scored 25 points off the bench in a 99-92 win over New Jersey on Feb. 4, then led New York (15-16) to six more victories in a row while in the starting lineup.
The former Harvard standout totaled 136 points in his first five starts, the most by any player since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976, and he had 26 against visiting New Orleans on Friday. However, he also committed nine turnovers - tied for the most in the league this season - in the Knicks' 89-85 defeat.
"Just a lackluster effort on my part coming out and careless with the ball, and so nine turnovers is obviously never going to get it done from your primary ballhandler," Lin said. "It's on me in terms of taking care of the ball and also the game in general."
While Lin tries to bounce back, Davis and Smith have a chance to make their New York debuts Sunday.
New York inked Davis to a one-year deal Dec. 19 but a herniated disc in his back has kept him from playing. The veteran guard might remain out until after next weekend's All-Star break.
"He's close. He could go. I think he could play (Sunday)," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We'll see, but I want to work him a little bit gradually."
The Knicks signed Smith, who had been playing in China after five seasons in Denver, on Friday but D'Antoni said his preference is for the swingman not to play before he's had a chance to practice.
Smith, though, is reportedly in shape and D'Antoni says he "will see what happens."
The Knicks will likely be without All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony for a seventh straight game because of a strained right groin. D'Antoni said it's likely Anthony will return for Monday night's game against New Jersey.
Anthony's absence could give the Mavericks a prime opportunity for a seventh consecutive win overall and a season-high fourth in a row on the road.
Dallas (20-11) has also won 17 of its last 19 meetings with the Knicks and five straight at MSG. Dirk Nowitzki's 29.4 scoring average there since the beginning of the 2001-02 season is his best in any road arena.
Nowitzki had 29 points and 11 rebounds in a 113-97 win at MSG last February, and was one of three Mavericks to score at least 20 along with Shawn Marion and Jason Terry in a 127-109 home victory March 10 as Dallas swept the season series.
Nowitzki is averaging 24.3 points on 50.0 percent shooting over his last eight games. He scored 24 of his 28 points in the second half Friday to rally Dallas from a 15-point deficit for an 82-75 win at Philadelphia.
"I had a couple go in, and we all know when a shooter sees a couple go in, the confidence goes up," Nowitzki said. "I knew in the second half I was going to come out and keep firing. I'm glad they went in."
Terry did not play Friday due to "a personal situation" according to coach Rick Carlisle, and also missed Wednesday's victory over Denver due to a strained right quad, but is expected to return Sunday.
Knicks center Tyson Chandler, who started 74 games for the Mavericks in 2010-11, is expected to be in the lineup to face his former team for the first time since a three-team trade Dec. 10.

OZITRACK
with special greetings to Crazy80s and Sage

OFFICIAL CHILLOUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

1273605571206.gif

THIS THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder-1.png

Sponsor.png

LINNING STREAK STARTS HERE!

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
NICE!

My critique:

Lin must perform in the face of this pressure. The media would love nothing more than to be provided with impetus to write about Lin struggles. He must take better care of the ball and reduce the turnovers.

Lin must also show more leadership ability if he's going to run the point effectively. Decision making, directing traffic, confidence, all come from keeping your head in the game and being aware. I see those lulls and that needs to be addressed. There's room for improvement.

Fields does not belong in an NBA starting lineup at the two. According to my rules; you can't start IF YOU CAN'T GUARD YOUR POSITION, and you definitely cannot play the "shooting guard" and cant shoot.

Walker's game is about as ugly as he is and inconsistent to boot. He at the least can play some defense, but seven games without Melo is taking its toll. Wins or not. By the way, those questioning Melo's injury must know that players DO NOT come back from injury the very day they feel better.

If Melo is playing Monday, that would mean he was probably fairly healed Saturday. To which he must have already practiced/tried it out, rested and seen how it (his injury) reacts. That's how it works. And groins can linger just like hamstrings. It takes time and 100% is better than risking further injury.

STAT has basic issues that I see:

1. Driving into traffic
2. Poor passing skills (turnovers)
3. Poor hands (if ball isn't put on him perfectly he struggles, turnovers)
4. Poor defensive skills (looking stiff)
5. Poor dribbling skills
6. Poor low post game

As a coach, I have to question why Amare hasn't learned a low post game. In a passing system, why he hasn't become a better passer; and why are his hands so poor? And in a decision orientated system, where ball movement is paramount, he must understand how to decide quicker and pass better.

Tyson the Mad Byson is our unquestioned leader. No issues with him- except to CONTINUE to get him involved early.

OFFENSE GETS THE GLORY, DEFENSE WINS THE GAME.

CoolClyde

thread on!

your best GT yet Dzwon! way to go!

looking forward to a pumped up MSG crowd to welcome new Knicks, Baron von Davis and
Junior Smitty, and see cunning Lin guy bounce back in a big way from record-setting
turnover game and first starting loss.

Spike Lin is one of the smartest players on the court, he will wheel and deal and dominate!

Chandler will man-handle his former mates, STAT will stand taller than No-Wit-Ski, and Mrs. Fields
shall cook up a fresh batch of dunkin donuts. The Knicks will make the Mavs blow chunks in their armour!

Go Smith & Davis, counselors at law! hilarious!

btw, your chillout machine is using sign language to say, "I want to suck your d*ck and swallow,
I love you, Jeremy!"

i think that's Linny's girlfriend! stay clean, kids!

Last edited:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
btw, your chillout machine is using sign language to say, "I want to suck your d*ck and swallow,
I love you, Jeremy!"

:teeth:

As for the game

I think crucial matchup is Lin vs Kidd. We all know Amare is not gonna stop Dirk, we can only hope he misses some shots cause he surely gonna get plenty of looks.

Kidd despite his age is still a great defender and without Carmelo Lin has to score a lot so we could win this game. If he gets 20+ we have a chance if not I don't see us win.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Perfect Amare analysis BUT....

NICE!

My critique:

Lin must perform in the face of this pressure. The media would love nothing more than to be provided with impetus to write about Lin struggles. He must take better care of the ball and reduce the turnovers.

Lin must also show more leadership ability if he's going to run the point effectively. Decision making, directing traffic, confidence, all come from keeping your head in the game and being aware. I see those lulls and that needs to be addressed. There's room for improvement.

Fields does not belong in an NBA starting lineup at the two. According to my rules; you can't start IF YOU CAN'T GUARD YOUR POSITION, and you definitely cannot play the "shooting guard" and cant shoot.

Walker's game is about as ugly as he is and inconsistent to boot. He at the least can play some defense, but seven games without Melo is taking its toll. Wins or not. By the way, those questioning Melo's injury must know that players DO NOT come back from injury the very day they feel better.

If Melo is playing Monday, that would mean he was probably fairly healed Saturday. To which he must have already practiced/tried it out, rested and seen how it (his injury) reacts. That's how it works. And groins can linger just like hamstrings. It takes time and 100% is better than risking further injury.

STAT has basic issues that I see:

1. Driving into traffic
2. Poor passing skills (turnovers)
3. Poor hands (if ball isn't put on him perfectly he struggles, turnovers)
4. Poor defensive skills (looking stiff)
5. Poor dribbling skills
6. Poor low post game

As a coach, I have to question why Amare hasn't learned a low post game. In a passing system, why he hasn't become a better passer; and why are his hands so poor? And in a decision orientated system, where ball movement is paramount, he must understand how to decide quicker and pass better.

Tyson the Mad Byson is our unquestioned leader. No issues with him- except to CONTINUE to get him involved early.

OFFENSE GETS THE GLORY, DEFENSE WINS THE GAME.
There are 2 Stats...The one we saw in the first half of the Hornets game which highlighted every defect you point out and the Amare that pulled us even and crashed the boards and tried to play defense in the second half...his shortcomings are more ATTITUDE and EFFORT than shortage of talent....TYSON is the leader for sure. After having his legs taken out aganst Minnasota he said NO WAY WE LOOSE THIS GAME. He was pissed in the huddle. I heard it. Your analysis is spot on...and I would start Novak over Walker. You have 2 Walkers...the streak shooter that get hot or the one thats ice cold.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Heading out to MSG in 30 mins, this will be my first time witnessing Linsanity in person.

I can't wait.

I'll record the intros and upload it here tonight so folks on the forums can appreciate the roar of the crowd. I may or may not be yelling like a maniac myself...you can never tell what'll happen when Linsanity engulfs your mind.

:gony:

Red

TYPE-A
Spike Lin is one of the smartest players on the court, he will wheel and deal and dominate!

I love you, Jeremy!"

either him or Jeremy Lee...

220px-The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

If we play solid defense, we can win this game...and easily. As shocking as that may sound. Come on coach, i saw something positive in you the other night, we need some consistancy from you too...

Nice thread:gony:

Number3

Benchwarmer
Lin has to think before he goes in the paint... he gets in there.. then when he is in the air... hell just take the last opportunity to pass it to whoever looks open.. and turns it over... he has to plan it out before doing that

Number3

Benchwarmer
Al Iannazzone@Al_Iannazzone

Carmelo is out. Billy walker is out. Shumpert starts. JR Smith could play. It is unclear that Baron plays. Sounds doutbful.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I really hope Jr plays. I'm not so concerned with the w but I wanna see what chemistry him and Lin can develop before melo comes back. Same with baron and STAT.