Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 31327282930313233

Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knicks 02.19 1:00PM

Love Nick Swisher.

Nyk Logo

What a win! we beat the champs! Congratulations!

Amazing win.

The ups, the downs, the huge comeback.

Fields sits the vast majority of the second half? Did he actually play in the second half? He was our best player in the first quarter.

Anyway, amazing win! JR Smith played well, took some pretty bad shots, but he'll catch on. Hasn't even practiced with the team so judging him now is unfair.

Amar'e needs to learn to defend the pick and roll and the back cut. Some very embarrassing moments for him tonight, not that he seems too concerned.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Amazing win.

The ups, the downs, the huge comeback.

Fields sits the vast majority of the second half? Did he actually play in the second half? He was our best player in the first quarter.

Anyway, amazing win! JR Smith played well, took some pretty bad shots, but he'll catch on. Hasn't even practiced with the team so judging him now is unfair.

Amar'e needs to learn to defend the pick and roll and the back cut. Some very embarrassing moments for him tonight, not that he seems too concerned.
    I actually was very pleased with the decision to let J.R. finish the game. Fields played well early on, struggled later. J.R., although missed a bunch of shots, didn't miss that many, and considering that this was his first game with us and no practice, played very well, and maybe letting him roll with it starting off his Knick career with closing the game out, and good, will be a great thing.

Veteran

STAT did not play great but 4 offensive rebounds is nothing to scoff at considering how important second chance points were for us in the game. I'll gladly take a STAT who rebounds over a STAT who scores any day of the week.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo is like Rivera we only need him to close games

Toney is like Burnett and JR is the Nick Swisher

this is fun LOL
    But Burnett is gone and Swish is actually consistent, unlike JR...

I suppose Novak would be D-Rob.

Tyson Chandler is CC. A leader and brings out the best in everyone.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    But Burnett is gone and Swish is actually consistent, unlike JR...

I suppose Novak would be D-Rob.

Tyson Chandler is CC. A leader and brings out the best in everyone.
    yeah hopefully Toney is gone just like Burnett

JR/Swisher comparison is great in my eyes.........as Swish is far from "consistent"

Shumpert could be Cano....you know the future, a home-grown guy most like more of a Gardener

STAT is Teixera in every way

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I actually was very pleased with the decision to let J.R. finish the game. Fields played well early on, struggled later. J.R., although missed a bunch of shots, didn't miss that many, and considering that this was his first game with us and no practice, played very well, and maybe letting him roll with it starting off his Knick career with closing the game out, and good, will be a great thing.
    Besides setting Shump up to fail by having him try to guard a 7 footer.... I think the rotation of Fields, JR, and Shump is going to depend on who wants it more. The other smart idea is start fields and then substitute JR or Shump in depending on if defense of offense is needed more.

Still lol'ing at whoever said trade Douglas and Bill Walker for a draft pick smh.....

Originally Posted by smokes
    Although he took a couple of bad shots today mostly I saw him playing pretty unselfish. The only moment I cringed was when it was 20 seconds on the clock and he did a behind the back pullup 20 foot leaning back jumpshot... In the 4th... But it went in so
    i cringed at the end when i thought he was gonna try to throw it down but he stopped and took the easy lay in. there were a couple times when he was looking to get jr smith points but for the most part he played for a new york knicks win.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    i cringed at the end when i thought he was gonna try to throw it down but he stopped and took the easy lay in. there were a couple times when he was looking to get jr smith points but for the most part he played for a new york knicks win.
    Although taking 16 in your first game without any team practice shows you both: how fearless he as well as his lack team awareness. It worked out fine for now. Let's see how he is going to fit in.

Originally Posted by pat
    Although taking 16 in your first game without any team practice shows you both: how fearless he as well as his lack team awareness. It worked out fine for now. Let's see how he is going to fit in.
    true but if he starts out hot from 3 16 fgas isnt a major problem for me. there will be games we wish he took 16, maybe even more. when hes bricking them and continues to shoot its a problem. there are few guys capable of really getting hot and carrying the team, melo, jr, stat, lin and hopefully by the end of the season we can include shump in that list. im okay with them racking up fgas in most cases and if we win i cant complain how many they take.