Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knicks 02.19 1:00PM

Originally Posted by mfgillia
    Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

With that said, it was his first night facing Dallas and that sort of trapping defense so in theory he could possibly keep improving. Still can't believe he's this good. Knicks look to be unbelievably lucky picking him up.
    You really think he's going to average 25/10 and 50% fg for his career? Lin is amazing and playing in under MDA he can easily keep up 20/10 but to think Lin is going to be an MVP calibre player year in year out is too much of a stretch for me, at the moment.

ya mother is slow. u complain about his to's say you would be happy if they drop (who wouldnt) then you say you dont mind....mmmm r u slow? i just love how these funny fairy fans always find something wrong to bitch and moan about....waaaa wwaaaa waaaa lin played too many minutes, waaa waaa waaa dantoni is an idiot for playing stat over jefferies....but a few weeks ago, when dantoni told fans to stop booing jeff (which they did) people here were still calling him an idiot....so which is it..?

Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

With that said, it was his first night facing Dallas and that sort of trapping defense so in theory he could possibly keep improving. Still can't believe he's this good. Knicks look to be unbelievably lucky picking him up.
    Huh?

Veteran

Lin is practically a rookie when it comes to playingtime so all the turnovers
    are a learning process to become a starter/finisher PG in the league.

Stat becomin a Knicks.....is the only reason why top players dont mind playin
    in New York now....Melo/Tyson/JR.....now we have to get rid of the 7+ man
    headcoach Dantoni to sign a decent MLE player in the offseason....I dont care
    if Dantoni showed a little change since our creating PG "Jeremy Lin Sanity" arrived.

smokes...just roll up a joint, like im doing right now, catcha smoke break, and enjoy the damn win for gods sakes.

well said!

i cant believe ppl r bashing the SINGLE FA that wanted us. He said the knicks are back, he called in melo, he made NYC a place to play again. Rough game stat, get em next tomorrow

Originally Posted by smokes
    You really think he's going to average 25/10 and 50% fg for his career? Lin is amazing and playing in under MDA he can easily keep up 20/10 but to think Lin is going to be an MVP calibre player year in year out is too much of a stretch for me, at the moment.
    Exactly - that's my point. To expect him to keep getting better - playing somewhere near his current level while lowering his turnovers - is not realistic. But we can always dream...

Veteran

I knew we could get this game.

We play great when we play solid defense. I was never worried about our offense because we have plenty. The offense opens up with defense and intensity. Play D and let the game come to you.

Lin's min's will go down once coach gets used to winning. We all know how his job was saved. When our offense jel's a bit more we can develop cushionable leads...therefore Lin's Min's will decrease. Right now, their wins are coming thru momemtum. The team is still feeling itself out...and we have so much untapped potential left. It's looking real good right now...

maybe we will get a phantom player that will average 50 ppg at 20/20 shooting every night, zero turnovers and that never has a bag game, never has a slump...anything,....so that some idiot fans can just enjoy a good ass game.

Originally Posted by Toons
    smokes...just roll up a joint, like im doing right now, catcha smoke break, and enjoy the damn win for gods sakes.
    Why on earth do you think I'm not enjoying the win? I just had a joint thanks, but I think the weed don't go to my head like it does with you!

I never complained, I just stated that averaging 5+ TO's is too much. No PG in the league averages that high. Eventually he's gotta be bringing it down to the 3-4 range.

I'll forgive you since you didn't seem to be here for the whole GT but at 10 points down in the third I was the only person in this GT being positive and saying we can easily win this in the 4th.

Veteran

With experience you can only lessen your flaws...the turnovers will subside, especially if his game keeps improving, it's only logical.

his turnovers will drop with his minutes when Melo comes back, he has the ball 95% of the time so every possession isn't going to end the way we want it to, regardless of the fact Lin is being over worked by D'Antoni and thats not good for us

Originally Posted by WillTheThrill
    I totally thought he was going to play great, Im not some ignorant basketball fan who only listen to the public persona of a player. If you have actually watched JR play on tv and person you would know how good of a player he is. He totally lights it up, one of the most talented players in the NBA. A couple of years ago he was top 5 in the nba for fourth quarter scoring, the dude is clutch as ****.
    Great =/= unselfish

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    Great =/= unselfish
    Although he took a couple of bad shots today mostly I saw him playing pretty unselfish. The only moment I cringed was when it was 20 seconds on the clock and he did a behind the back pullup 20 foot leaning back jumpshot... In the 4th... But it went in so