Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1024252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knicks 02.19 1:00PM

Originally Posted by fakeknicksfan
    When melo comes back, knicks will trade lin to lakers for some dough.
    dont feed the troll

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yes but not many PG's average 5+ per game. I'd be happy if he can reduce it to 3 per game, since he should be playing a bit less too.
    **** ***** u not happy with 28 pts, 14 dims, 5 steals AND the Dub?

im sure you all would be happy with
    lin getting 28 n 12 every night with 0 turnovers

Look, for everyone bashing amare, last game he put up 22 shots. we lost.
    this game he put up 10 shots and made 4. Amare can turn it on when he needs to. I agree, not one of his best games, buy gee, give the man at least a week before you come with stupid ass trade ideas

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    WOW. loving this right now. if you thought jr would play like this you are a LIAR. still skeptical but im gonna enjoy the **** out of this while it lasts.
    I totally thought he was going to play great, Im not some ignorant basketball fan who only listen to the public persona of a player. If you have actually watched JR play on tv and person you would know how good of a player he is. He totally lights it up, one of the most talented players in the NBA. A couple of years ago he was top 5 in the nba for fourth quarter scoring, the dude is clutch as ****.

Originally Posted by CA7
    dont feed the troll

and no one can guard dirk.....all you can do is put a hand up and hope. he's frickin dirk nowitski....i am not ganna hate on stat for dirk scoring buckets....dirk can shoot with his eyes closed

Superstar

Lin will probably be turn over prone

But remember, he played at Harvard in college.. And this is only his 9th start, he probably isn't used to all these different defensive coverages.. Im sure he will adapt to bring them down over time but he will be fine imo

What a freaking win though. Lin is so clutch.. SO CLUTCH.

Veteran

Unhappy Lin has endurance but he's not Superman in this schedule

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Wow, I haven't enjoyed watching bball this much in a long ass time! Also, anyone who sees J.R. as a bad signing should be slapped in the head. Dude just gives us another dynamic we didn't have. After the Melo trade everyone was saying we didn't have depth, well now look lol. BDiddy,Novak,Smith,Jeffries,Shump,Jorts. We have the depth and star power and have improved on D to have a chance. This team is only going to get better with more time together and full health. Forget the Philly's and Indy's of the world. Regardless of records, we ARE the 3rd best team in the East and are the only team that can legitimately stand up to Miami and Chicago when we are fully clicking and actually be at their level talent wise.

So lets hope that this year, we party like its 1999
    If we dont get someone to give "Jeremy Lin" 20 minutes of bench rest per game
    Lin will not only hit a ceiling but will get an injury from punishment before the
    end of the regular season.

Interesting to see how Antoni fits this all together. Novak should lose minutes when Melo gets back. Also, Fields will have to play some SF to make room for JR and Shump. I know Shump is just a rookie but he's the best on ball defender and you cannot overlook that. Of course this is all dependent on how effective Baron will be at pg.

Will Antoni be willing to play 10 guys? We are 2 deep at every position so you would think so but you know how our coach is.

douglas/jordan/walker/bibby will see basically no time off the bench. novak played his way into the rotation

lin/davis/shump shump
    fields/swish/shump shump
    melo/novak
    amare/jefferies
    chandler/jorts/jefferies

we have to play a 11 man rotation unless novak's mins get cut as well

Default watta win!

JR Swish is a welcome addition to this squad, i'm glad he knocked some 3's down
    before he missed a few. but he ended strong and is major part of this great win.

IMHO, David Lee >>> STAT

JerLin continues to be #1 PG in league, damn dude racked up 61.5 fantasy points
    (damn you Musketeer!), anytime you get 14 assists along with 28 points, and play 40+ minutes,
    i'll take 7 turnovers. it's still a great dime/TO ratio! the whole league is aware of el Lin now,
    and he will continue to be double-teamed, and will continue to recognize the defense
    and adjust his game, because the man has smarts!

huge props to Kojak and Chandler (hope his wrist is OK).

This team looks great! bring on the Miami cHeat!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If we dont get someone to give "Jeremy Lin" 20 minutes of bench rest per game
    Lin will not only hit a ceiling but will get an injury from punishment before the
    end of the regular season.
    I'm guessing you didn't catch my hint at Baron right? If B-Diddy can spell him 16-20 mins a night, we have a chance.

Originally Posted by Toons
    douglas/jordan/walker/bibby will see basically no time off the bench. novak played his way into the rotation

lin/davis/shump shump
    fields/swish/shump shump
    melo/novak
    amare/jefferies
    chandler/jorts/jefferies

we have to play a 11 man rotation unless novak's mins get cut as well
    11 deep is pretty good, especially considering who the coach is...

This looks like a championship team to me now. And this is hell of a game! I think MDA should play Lin less in the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy for this guy. Just don't want him to get injured.

Originally Posted by Toons
    **** ***** u not happy with 28 pts, 14 dims, 5 steals AND the Dub?

im sure you all would be happy with
    lin getting 28 n 12 every night with 0 turnovers

Look, for everyone bashing amare, last game he put up 22 shots. we lost.
    this game he put up 10 shots and made 4. Amare can turn it on when he needs to. I agree, not one of his best games, buy gee, give the man at least a week before you come with stupid ass trade ideas
    Yep, I don't mind that Lin has committed 7 turnovers tonight... 8 in one half against the Hornets, that's too much.

But he gotta reduce it over time.
    Are you slow?

Yep, I don't mind that Lin has committed 7 turnovers tonight... 8 in one half against the Hornets, that's too much.

But he gotta reduce it over time.
    Not really - he keeps playing at the current level with the team winning then statistically he'll go down as one of the best point guards irregardless of the turnovers. 28 points, +50% FG% and 14 assists??

With that said, it was his first night facing Dallas and that sort of trapping defense so in theory he could possibly keep improving. Still can't believe he's this good. Knicks look to be unbelievably lucky picking him up.