The Expendable Knicks

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Calling Fields "Expendable" is a joke. He has played well with lin, and even those that don't feel he is a starter can agree that he is still valuable as a backup sg-sf. He plays hard, rebounds well, scores when he decides to drive, and plays team basketball... oh yeah and hes 23, cheap and we have his early bird rights. I get people that can't stand that he can't hit a 3. I can't stand that he can't hit a free throw. You have to be rational though.

KingCharles34

All Star
STAT would be a beast on a team where they really lacked someone of his talents. Put him on the Bobcats or the Cavs and he's gonna be going off for 30 all the time just like last year.

Here it's a different story and I get why people bitch on him for his lack of defense at times but it's still way out of control.

The dude averaged nearly 20/10 and nearly .500 shooting over the last 10 games but none of that is really recognized... Only his faults. He has gone through a lot in a short space of (playing) time and I honestly think it's only a matter of time before he brings it all together again, consistently on a night to night basis.

I said it about Shumpert, I said it about Fields, now I'm saying it about STAT. He will be back.

At this point theres not a team that Stat would beast on. Hes the problem, he constantly charging over or getting rejected by shorter, less talented players. His decision making is turrrble, nothing nobody can say can make me change my mind. Only Stat can do that by playing better, but as of right now I dont see that happening.

metrocard

Legend
Your starting lineup above can not make defensive-stops.
Adding JR Smith to take Walker's playingtime does not make us contenders,
it does make Walker expendable. We never shouldve signed Bibby/Davis.
Toney Douglas should get playintime with JR Smith to up his trade value.
Landry Fields is a 2nd season complimentary-player on both sides of the court (Keeper).

Lin's many turnovers late in games had teammates step-up their level of
performance for stops in crunchtime. The Knicks 8 wins were from pure defense.

Your 8-9 man core dont have a backup for Lin or Chandler.
In a regular 82 game season u need 10+ players for injury....in this 66 game season
u need all 12 players while running a 9+ man rotation.

Before Lin Sanity arrived three major things stuck out:
We didnt screen/pick/boxout/or show any signs of help-defense, or a design
offensive play.
Melo & Stat did not play a lick of defense while averaging over 35+ minutes
per in 25 games.
Plus we average 33 attempts from 3-ball shootin per game, with Lin we average
25 attempts from the 3-ball line.

Stat don't play D, Melo isn't that bad...but Shump/Jefferies will still 20+ minutes, our defense will still be good.

JR Smith is an underrated defender and is 5x better than Fields and should be starting just based on his shooting ability. Fields lack of shooting makes our team smaller in range.

Calling Fields "Expendable" is a joke. He has played well with lin, and even those that don't feel he is a starter can agree that he is still valuable as a backup sg-sf. He plays hard, rebounds well, scores when he decides to drive, and plays team basketball... oh yeah and hes 23, cheap and we have his early bird rights. I get people that can't stand that he can't hit a 3. I can't stand that he can't hit a free throw. You have to be rational though.

Fields defense is average and he can't shoot. He's def not untradable which makes him expendable. and Lin has played well with everyone.

Crazy⑧s;209602 said:
Fields shits on Balkman.

Balkman is a below average basketball player that's made up for his shortcomings with hustle. That's why no coach plays him. He smells.

No.

Balkman is a great rebounder and defender.

Stop smelling me.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stat don't play D, Melo isn't that bad...but Shump/Jefferies will still 20+ minutes, our defense will still be good.

JR Smith is an underrated defender and is 5x better than Fields and should be starting just based on his shooting ability. Fields lack of shooting makes our team smaller in range.

Fields defense is average and he can't shoot. He's def not untradable which makes him expendable. and Lin has played well with everyone.

No.

Balkman is a great rebounder and defender.

Stop smelling me.

Do you honestly believe that Renaldo Balkman is a better basketball player than Landry Fields?