The Official Thank You MDA Thread

iSaYughh

Starter
lol i meant thank you for giving him a chance to play period, even though he only played him because he was out of options and was on the verge of being fired. But this wasn't about his Mins i still think Dumbtoni is a @sshole for over using Lin, this will only burn him out later on in the season, and can also lead to a injury if not careful. Dantoni does not monitor Lins mins, he asks Lin if he's tired and goes with what ever Lin tells him, of course Lin's going to say no and stay in the game to help the team, but he's logging in to many mins. IMO

Lolll, ahhhhh, kk. My bad.

Until I see or you see Lin *hurting* in games, not looking sharp, legit looking ragged and not recovering...I'm still not going to get on D'antoni for it.

Especially when we're in midst of a real important turnaround, and winning streak, where Lin's play and minutes have been so integral.

Like I said to Jump, if it keeps up throughout time when Baron is obviously good to go and primed; or if Lin legit looks like he's not recovering from games, I'd agree. Gotta do whatever it takes to rest him.

smokes

Huge Member
Lolll, ahhhhh, kk. My bad.

Until I see or you see Lin *hurting* in games, not looking sharp, legit looking ragged and not recovering...I'm still not going to get on D'antoni for it.

Especially when we're in midst of a real important turnaround, and winning streak, where Lin's play and minutes have been so integral.

Like I said to Jump, if it keeps up throughout time when Baron is obviously good to go and primed; or if Lin legit looks like he's not recovering from games, I'd agree. Gotta do whatever it takes to rest him.

I'm annoyed Baron didn't get some minutes earlier in the game, BUT...

MDA said that Lin tells him when he's tired. Lin is a smart kid, he's not going to say he's fine when he doesn't think he can do the best for the team, and he's not gonna play if he's worried about going down. Remember this kid is playing for his future.

I've only seen Lin really tired in the final game of the b2b2b. He does slow down a bit but I still think Lin tired is gonna be more effective than Bibby, Shumpert at the point or no practice Davis.

Posted this in the game thread, people forget that MDA and Lin stay in constant communication regarding his minutes and if Lin needs a rest he will tell MDA to rest him.

smokes

Huge Member
Well as Almost_famous said, Lin is not likely to tell D'Antoni he's tired. D'Antoni can't rely on that.

Why? This guy is playing for a contract if he's worried about getting run down and hurt I'm pretty sure he would be asking for some rest.

You think MDA doesn't care about the kid? Lin practically saved his job and MDA knows if Lin goes down he's totally screwed. We played him as sparingly as possible some of these games, which yeah, sometimes meant playing him for the entire second half since we quite probably would have lost without him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Why? This guy is playing for a contract if he's worried about getting run down and hurt I'm pretty sure he would be asking for some rest.

You think MDA doesn't care about the kid? Lin practically saved his job and MDA knows if Lin goes down he's totally screwed. We played him as sparingly as possible some of these games, which yeah, sometimes meant playing him for the entire second half since we quite probably would have lost without him.
Playing for a contract? He's overwhelmed as it is, he knows he's got a lot of money coming his way.

I didn't say D'Antoni doesn't care about him. A lot of players play through fatigue and when they're hurting, and would never tell a coach to take him out unless it was very bad. Since B. Diddy is expected back soon it's not a big concern, but if he doesn't come back soon, than D'Antoni will to make his decisions not just based off what Lin is telling him.

Number3

Benchwarmer
i thank him for starting Lin ASAP and taking douglas out!!!... thank him for JR Smith today...Thank him for believing in Jared JEFFRIESSS

iSaYughh

Starter
Posted this in the game thread, people forget that MDA and Lin stay in constant communication regarding his minutes and if Lin needs a rest he will tell MDA to rest him.

+1, ya, I actually saw that post in the GT -- actually just copy/pasted it here for your posterity, but couldn't easily track it down ;)

Plus, we just use our eyes. MDA surely will, too. If Lin isn't recovering from games well, or starts looking legit ragged and not recovering...he will get rested one way or another -- if he doesn't, then you get on MDA for it.

Right now, the minutes Lin has logged have been incontrovertibly necessary for us to be winning the games we have been!

And, this winning streak has been pretty much do or die for our season.

:2cents:

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah, I agree. He has been doing great, making smart decisions, has abandoned many of the old mechanics of his system that were heavily criticized and got his team to play defense

While we were bad before lin, and a lot of people were blaming D'Antoni, because he was making a lot of weird decisions at that time and because of his history..

But honestly what could he or any coach have done with that team. Melo was playing like crap and always hurt after we went 6-4.., Amar'e was playing like crap, and we had no pointguards to run the offense.. So what could he coach exactly? I know coaches need to adapt to get their teams wins but PG is probably the most important position in the league when you need to score points, not even sure if Phil Jackson would have had this team over .500 without Lin, who has saved this team. SAVED THEM.

Since then he has made good coaching decisions every game. I don't find myself yelling at him to call time or seeing guys blow by us with no effort and not having him chew them out.. STAT is the only guy who gets blown by on defense and D'Antoni's benched him a few times because of that since he has been back.

You guys do realize this is not SSOL. We're actually bringing the ball up and probing the defense looking for good shots.

We're actually playing sound team defense. Something I doubt MDA has much to do with.

MDA has done some nice things lately, but he's far from off the hook.

KBlack25

Starter
You guys do realize this is not SSOL. We're actually bringing the ball up and probing the defense looking for good shots.

We're actually playing sound team defense. Something I doubt MDA has much to do with.

MDA has done some nice things lately, but he's far from off the hook.

You doubt but you don't know.

You just look for any angle to discredit MDA - fact is if you blame him when things go wrong it's only fair to credit him when things go right.

But your bias won't let you.

KingofNy

Starter
The main thing I've seen wrong with his coaching lately is his lack of using timeouts when our opponents go on runs. In the last two weeks I've seen 3 14-0+ runs happen against us without MDA using ONE timeout. He really needs to get a better feel of the momemtum of the game and his team and call timeouts accordingly. We went on a 4-0 run yesterday and Dallas immediately called a timeout to cool us off. MDA needs to work on that.

That being said, compared to where we were a month ago, he's MUCH IMPROVED! It only took him from being a day away from losing his job to do that though... Don't forget that. lol And now that I think about it, when we don't have Lin in the game the guy can't coach for crap because we lose whatever lead we have immediately just check Lin's +/-. That's why he plays Lin 40+ minutes a game and 46 minutes yesterday. I don't know if it's D'Antoni that's coaching good or that Lin is just that good?

metrocard

Legend
The main thing I've seen wrong with his coaching lately is his lack of using timeouts when our opponents go on runs. In the last two weeks I've seen 3 14-0+ runs happen against us without MDA using ONE timeout. He really needs to get a better feel of the momemtum of the game and his team and call timeouts accordingly. We went on a 4-0 run yesterday and Dallas immediately called a timeout to cool us off. MDA needs to work on that.

That being said, compared to where we were a month ago, he's MUCH IMPROVED! It only took him from being a day away from losing his job to do that though... Don't forget that. lol And now that I think about it, when we don't have Lin in the game the guy can't coach for crap because we lose whatever lead we have immediately just check Lin's +/-. That's why he plays Lin 40+ minutes a game and 46 minutes yesterday. I don't know if it's D'Antoni that's coaching good or that Lin is just that good?

D'Antoni controls the rotation, and he's been genius so far.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Just because Lin comes in and starts doing some amazing things does not mean Antoni has somehow improved as a head coach. When Lin is on the bench we usually start to struggle. I'd say Antoni's "genius" is knowing when to play or rest Lin. That's about it.

We're clearly not running his offense the way everyone knows it to be. Smarter shots are being taken and they aren't being rushed to maximize possessions. I watch every game and Lin mostly plays the game based on what he sees. He's very good and works well with the team around him. Antoni has done better at matching up via substitutions but I can't give him the full green light yet. I'm unsure if this is all Lin or a true coaching resurrection.

New New York

Quiet Storm
When we were losing I said "Give Dantoni time"

Now that we are winning I say Give Dantoni time!!!!

It was unfair to judge him with the roster we started with, it is equally unfair to praise him because of this recent run!

Only time will tell!!!

Its games like this why I cant give MDA to much credit.

Down by 8 with two superstars that are 6 9 & 6 11 we're shooting jump shots.

Conventional wisdom says you go inside to get easy baskets, if not the basket the foul.

We do absolutely no posting. Once he realizes a post game can help you win games he'll be a much better coach....

metrocard

Legend

Conventional wisdom says you go inside to get easy baskets, if not the basket the foul.

We do absolutely no posting. Once he realizes a post game can help you win games he'll be a much better coach....

tumblr_lx50gfelIS1qcrlsi.gif

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

I agree on going inside but other then Melo who has a post game on our team?

... and even at that Melo would rather face up.