Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Thank You MDA Thread

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You guys do realize this is not SSOL. We're actually bringing the ball up and probing the defense looking for good shots.

We're actually playing sound team defense. Something I doubt MDA has much to do with.

MDA has done some nice things lately, but he's far from off the hook.
    You doubt but you don't know.

You just look for any angle to discredit MDA - fact is if you blame him when things go wrong it's only fair to credit him when things go right.

But your bias won't let you.

The main thing I've seen wrong with his coaching lately is his lack of using timeouts when our opponents go on runs. In the last two weeks I've seen 3 14-0+ runs happen against us without MDA using ONE timeout. He really needs to get a better feel of the momemtum of the game and his team and call timeouts accordingly. We went on a 4-0 run yesterday and Dallas immediately called a timeout to cool us off. MDA needs to work on that.

That being said, compared to where we were a month ago, he's MUCH IMPROVED! It only took him from being a day away from losing his job to do that though... Don't forget that. lol And now that I think about it, when we don't have Lin in the game the guy can't coach for crap because we lose whatever lead we have immediately just check Lin's +/-. That's why he plays Lin 40+ minutes a game and 46 minutes yesterday. I don't know if it's D'Antoni that's coaching good or that Lin is just that good?

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    You doubt but you don't know.

You just look for any angle to discredit MDA - fact is if you blame him when things go wrong it's only fair to credit him when things go right.

But your bias won't let you.
    What part of "he's done some nice things" didnt you understand?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    The main thing I've seen wrong with his coaching lately is his lack of using timeouts when our opponents go on runs. In the last two weeks I've seen 3 14-0+ runs happen against us without MDA using ONE timeout. He really needs to get a better feel of the momemtum of the game and his team and call timeouts accordingly. We went on a 4-0 run yesterday and Dallas immediately called a timeout to cool us off. MDA needs to work on that.

That being said, compared to where we were a month ago, he's MUCH IMPROVED! It only took him from being a day away from losing his job to do that though... Don't forget that. lol And now that I think about it, when we don't have Lin in the game the guy can't coach for crap because we lose whatever lead we have immediately just check Lin's +/-. That's why he plays Lin 40+ minutes a game and 46 minutes yesterday. I don't know if it's D'Antoni that's coaching good or that Lin is just that good?
    D'Antoni controls the rotation, and he's been genius so far.

Just because Lin comes in and starts doing some amazing things does not mean Antoni has somehow improved as a head coach. When Lin is on the bench we usually start to struggle. I'd say Antoni's "genius" is knowing when to play or rest Lin. That's about it.

We're clearly not running his offense the way everyone knows it to be. Smarter shots are being taken and they aren't being rushed to maximize possessions. I watch every game and Lin mostly plays the game based on what he sees. He's very good and works well with the team around him. Antoni has done better at matching up via substitutions but I can't give him the full green light yet. I'm unsure if this is all Lin or a true coaching resurrection.

When we were losing I said "Give Dantoni time"

Now that we are winning I say Give Dantoni time!!!!

It was unfair to judge him with the roster we started with, it is equally unfair to praise him because of this recent run!

Only time will tell!!!

Its games like this why I cant give MDA to much credit.

Down by 8 with two superstars that are 6 9 & 6 11 we're shooting jump shots.

Conventional wisdom says you go inside to get easy baskets, if not the basket the foul.

We do absolutely no posting. Once he realizes a post game can help you win games he'll be a much better coach....

12th man

Conventional wisdom says you go inside to get easy baskets, if not the basket the foul.

We do absolutely no posting. Once he realizes a post game can help you win games he'll be a much better coach....

What dont you understand?

I agree on going inside but other then Melo who has a post game on our team?

... and even at that Melo would rather face up.

Superstar

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I agree on going inside but other then Melo who has a post game on our team?

... and even at that Melo would rather face up.
    Whenever he posts in clutch situations he just pushes off and gets an offensive foul anyway.

Hes done it like three times as a knick in late game key possessions and he did it last year against us as a nugget

12th man

What dont you understand?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Red
    [B]How can I? We just reached .500, shouldn't the bar be set just a bit higher?

Besides, you said yourself that Lin was the difference- what happened before that?

]I was thinking the same thing, when i saw the title of this thread.

You guys do realize this is not SSOL. We're actually bringing the ball up and probing the defense looking for good shots.

We're actually playing sound team defense. Something I doubt MDA has much to do with.

MDA has done some nice things lately, but he's far from off the hook.
    I'm not going to bash him, but i'm not going to thank him, for putting out a fire, he helped start.

12th man

You guys like to blame D'Antoni because its the easy thing to do, kinda like how people treated Marbury.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...osbyCrying.gif" border="0" alt="" />[IMG]