Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happened to Amare's Explosiveness?

Hybrid View

Default what happened to Amare's Explosiveness?

He is looking very average lately. He used to dunk or to throw it down. Instead, he is just floating or laying the ball. Cause of concern or am I overreacting?

Just saying

he's added 20 pounds to his frame which is bad at his age, he was more explosive at 240 and now at 260 his knees and legs cant handle that logging heavy minutes, sad thing is we gotta deal with it for the rest of the year because there is no way he's dropping back down during the season

Lurker

I know what you mean, all year he's been looking very passive and lost on the court. Even when he gets fed the ball in the paint he'll get fouled and can't finish.

hes passed it to jeffries

Bad knees

still sobering over brothers death

Needs better chemistry with Lin

20 pounds of weight added on to him

Not confident in himself

no more playing center he had the match up advantage last year, he could blow by anyone

Just flat out having a bad year

could be a number of reasons who knows

I almost felt like I was watching out of shape Spawn Kemp.

He needs to change his diet at this time and hope for the best.

With all the monies they make, you would think they take care of themselves.

Superstar

Ehhhh....i hope it's just a chemistry/missing time thing...cuz i know now that i don't want him Creating one on one ever.

I asked in another thread, why can't Amar'e lose a good portion/all (I doubt all is possible) of that muscle during this season? Wouldn't he just have to lift less weights or whatever he does for his muscles? It wouldn't mean he'd have to work on his body less, just lessen the weights. I'm not an expert on this though.

damn, there's already a Novak gif on here, i was gonna post mine lolll

as for Amare? you're asking this now? Where his explosiveness went? It's gone. He's a high school draftee, so he's older than his age really says. Bad knees. And I still don't think he knows what to do out there anymore.

I'm watching Orlando @ Miami now and they showed some stats of Bosh, who's been averaging 14.9 points with Wade and 25.4 without him. We all expect Amare to be a 20+ points guy every game because of his great performance last season, but now that we have plenty of shooters (Carmelo, Lintendo, Supernovak, Fields, Smith and even Chandler) his shooting can be very limited and all what we can do is to deal with it.

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    damn, there's already a Novak gif on here, i was gonna post mine lolll

as for Amare? you're asking this now? Where his explosiveness went? It's gone. He's a high school draftee, so he's older than his age really says. Bad knees. And I still don't think he knows what to do out there anymore.
    Isn't now a great time to ask. Last year (only one year ago), he was very explosive. He dunked or attempted to flush it over people. His shot rarely got blocked. I do think he's harder to box Amare out and that's probably cause he got even stronger, but I don't imagine his quickness to dissipate in less than one season. Something is up. I am a bit worried. I do think Amare can find many ways to be effective, but explosiveness is something that is a huge part of his game.

As this point, Lin and Amare are not great pick and roll partners, but I imagine that would improve. And Amare has a long range shot, so the pick and roll potential between the Lin and Amare should have a higher ceiling than say a Tyson does.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    He is looking very average lately. He used to dunk or to throw it down. Instead, he is just floating or laying the ball. Cause of concern or am I overreacting?

Just saying
    Dude he's been terrible this season. No explosiveness, no defense, doesn't set screens correctly, slow off of the roll, just terrible. If he's not hitting his 19 footer, he's useless. Whenever he comes in the games he hurts our team now. He is the ultimate liability on defense and today alone Dallas attacked him every second he was on the court. He'd go to the bench and then Dallas wouldn't score. Someone needs to have a serious talk with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He really is a $100 Goof AS$. Thank god Lin is holding this team above water, Lin's amazing!

Jeffries and Chandler should be starting honestly. Only difference between Jeffries and Amar'e is how much they're getting paid. Jeffries rarely tries to do more than he usually can, and when he does I have respect for his effort.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Jeffries and Chandler should be starting honestly. Only difference between Jeffries and Amar'e is how much they're getting paid. Jeffries rarely tries to do more than he usually can, and when he does I have respect for his effort.
    Exactly +10000000! Stat tries too hard to score on offense and then doesn't even bother playing defense. I kept making excuses for him earlier in the year, but NO MORE! Dude doesn't move his feet on defense and plays D with his hands when he even bothers defending.

Watch Sportscenter, every Dallas highlight was over Stat. He WON'T take a charge, EVER! I've counted 2 charges today and 4 Friday that he could've taken but he just moves out of the way like a biaaatch. Stat needs to shape up or ship out. Right now Jeffries is 10x the player Stat is. #sadbuttrue

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Dude he's been terrible this season. No explosiveness, no defense, doesn't set screens correctly, slow off of the roll, just terrible. If he's not hitting his 19 footer, he's useless. Whenever he comes in the games he hurts our team now. He is the ultimate liability on defense and today alone Dallas attacked him every second he was on the court. He'd go to the bench and then Dallas wouldn't score. Someone needs to have a serious talk with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He really is a $100 Goof AS$. Thank god Lin is holding this team above water, Lin's amazing!
    Over his last 10 games (5 with Lin) he's been putting up 20/8.5 with .485% shooting. His defense hasn't been great but there is effort there most of the time, he's just not very good. Overall he's putting up decent numbers and playing decent. People are just all over him because of the 100 million, the fact he's not hit that 25/10 standard he's set for himself every season, and the fact that people will jump on any weakness here.

There's so much to consider in the equation it's impossible. We've had so much change in this team in 1 year, with less than 6 months of basketball. Amare himself has gone through 5 PG changes, big roster moves, long bouts of injury and family tragedy.

I seriously wish people would get behind the guy instead of on top of him (cough) because we are highly unlikely to be able to trade him. May as well support him and pray that he gets out of the somewhat funk he's been in since Melo arrived as we need both these guys and the rest of the team playing 100% by the end of the year.