what happened to Amare's Explosiveness?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
He is looking very average lately. He used to dunk or to throw it down. Instead, he is just floating or laying the ball. Cause of concern or am I overreacting?

Just saying

CA7

Scoring Champ
he's added 20 pounds to his frame which is bad at his age, he was more explosive at 240 and now at 260 his knees and legs cant handle that logging heavy minutes, sad thing is we gotta deal with it for the rest of the year because there is no way he's dropping back down during the season

montyalbo

Rookie
I know what you mean, all year he's been looking very passive and lost on the court. Even when he gets fed the ball in the paint he'll get fouled and can't finish.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Bad knees

still sobering over brothers death

Needs better chemistry with Lin

20 pounds of weight added on to him

Not confident in himself

no more playing center he had the match up advantage last year, he could blow by anyone

Just flat out having a bad year

could be a number of reasons who knows

ACHlLLES

Rookie
I almost felt like I was watching out of shape Spawn Kemp.

He needs to change his diet at this time and hope for the best.

With all the monies they make, you would think they take care of themselves.

clumsy

Rotation player
Ehhhh....i hope it's just a chemistry/missing time thing...cuz i know now that i don't want him Creating one on one ever.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I asked in another thread, why can't Amar'e lose a good portion/all (I doubt all is possible) of that muscle during this season? Wouldn't he just have to lift less weights or whatever he does for his muscles? It wouldn't mean he'd have to work on his body less, just lessen the weights. I'm not an expert on this though.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
damn, there's already a Novak gif on here, i was gonna post mine lolll

as for Amare? you're asking this now? Where his explosiveness went? It's gone. He's a high school draftee, so he's older than his age really says. Bad knees. And I still don't think he knows what to do out there anymore.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm watching Orlando @ Miami now and they showed some stats of Bosh, who's been averaging 14.9 points with Wade and 25.4 without him. We all expect Amare to be a 20+ points guy every game because of his great performance last season, but now that we have plenty of shooters (Carmelo, Lintendo, Supernovak, Fields, Smith and even Chandler) his shooting can be very limited and all what we can do is to deal with it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I'm watching Orlando @ Miami now and they showed some stats of Bosh, who's been averaging 14.9 points with Wade and 25.4 without him. We all expect Amare to be a 20+ points guy every game because of his great performance last season, but now that we have plenty of shooters (Carmelo, Lintendo, Supernovak, Fields, Smith and even Chandler) his shooting can be very limited and all what we can do is to deal with it.
Trade dantoni to orlando he would jizz with all these 3's the magic launch good god and i thought we launched 3's the Magic take it to another level lol, it's either pass to howard or jack 3's.

When melo returns i rather see Melo/Lin get Amare going involved early like before, i think that would help him alot.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Trade dantoni to orlando he would jizz with all these 3's the magic launch good god and i thought we launched 3's the Magic take it to another level lol, it's either pass to howard or jack 3's.

When melo returns i rather see Melo/Lin get Amare going involved early like before, i think that would help him alot.
Don't forget Davis. I'm confident in him the most to get Amar'e going.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
damn, there's already a Novak gif on here, i was gonna post mine lolll

as for Amare? you're asking this now? Where his explosiveness went? It's gone. He's a high school draftee, so he's older than his age really says. Bad knees. And I still don't think he knows what to do out there anymore.

Isn't now a great time to ask. Last year (only one year ago), he was very explosive. He dunked or attempted to flush it over people. His shot rarely got blocked. I do think he's harder to box Amare out and that's probably cause he got even stronger, but I don't imagine his quickness to dissipate in less than one season. Something is up. I am a bit worried. I do think Amare can find many ways to be effective, but explosiveness is something that is a huge part of his game.

As this point, Lin and Amare are not great pick and roll partners, but I imagine that would improve. And Amare has a long range shot, so the pick and roll potential between the Lin and Amare should have a higher ceiling than say a Tyson does.

KingofNy

Starter
He is looking very average lately. He used to dunk or to throw it down. Instead, he is just floating or laying the ball. Cause of concern or am I overreacting?

Just saying

Dude he's been terrible this season. No explosiveness, no defense, doesn't set screens correctly, slow off of the roll, just terrible. If he's not hitting his 19 footer, he's useless. Whenever he comes in the games he hurts our team now. He is the ultimate liability on defense and today alone Dallas attacked him every second he was on the court. He'd go to the bench and then Dallas wouldn't score. Someone needs to have a serious talk with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He really is a $100 Goof AS$. Thank god Lin is holding this team above water, Lin's amazing!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Jeffries and Chandler should be starting honestly. Only difference between Jeffries and Amar'e is how much they're getting paid. Jeffries rarely tries to do more than he usually can, and when he does I have respect for his effort.

smokes

Huge Member
Dude he's been terrible this season. No explosiveness, no defense, doesn't set screens correctly, slow off of the roll, just terrible. If he's not hitting his 19 footer, he's useless. Whenever he comes in the games he hurts our team now. He is the ultimate liability on defense and today alone Dallas attacked him every second he was on the court. He'd go to the bench and then Dallas wouldn't score. Someone needs to have a serious talk with him and show him what he's doing wrong. He really is a $100 Goof AS$. Thank god Lin is holding this team above water, Lin's amazing!

Over his last 10 games (5 with Lin) he's been putting up 20/8.5 with .485% shooting. His defense hasn't been great but there is effort there most of the time, he's just not very good. Overall he's putting up decent numbers and playing decent. People are just all over him because of the 100 million, the fact he's not hit that 25/10 standard he's set for himself every season, and the fact that people will jump on any weakness here.

There's so much to consider in the equation it's impossible. We've had so much change in this team in 1 year, with less than 6 months of basketball. Amare himself has gone through 5 PG changes, big roster moves, long bouts of injury and family tragedy.

I seriously wish people would get behind the guy instead of on top of him (cough) because we are highly unlikely to be able to trade him. May as well support him and pray that he gets out of the somewhat funk he's been in since Melo arrived as we need both these guys and the rest of the team playing 100% by the end of the year.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Over his last 10 games (5 with Lin) he's been putting up 20/8.5 with .485% shooting. His defense hasn't been great but there is effort there most of the time, he's just not very good. Overall he's putting up decent numbers and playing decent. People are just all over him because of the 100 million, the fact he's not hit that 25/10 standard he's set for himself every season, and the fact that people will jump on any weakness here.

There's so much to consider in the equation it's impossible. We've had so much change in this team in 1 year, with less than 6 months of basketball. Amare himself has gone through 5 PG changes, big roster moves, long bouts of injury and family tragedy.

I seriously wish people would get behind the guy instead of on top of him (cough) because we are highly unlikely to be able to trade him. May as well support him and pray that he gets out of the somewhat funk he's been in since Melo arrived as we need both these guys and the rest of the team playing 100% by the end of the year.
He still tries to do a lot of things he can't do. That hurts the team

I feel Amar'e's best strength last season actually was his shooting outside the paint. I want him to attack the rim only when he can finish, not him trying to crossover people.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I don't expect him to put up the same numbers he did last season or anything by far

But I expect him to perform on offense when given the chance.. He has been getting REJECTED by scrub defenders half his size in the last few games

Its like that part in space jam where Barkley gets his powers stolen and he gets blocked by that highschool girl. That is what Amar'e is playing like right now. Anything remotely contested he can't finish, which wasn't the case AT ALL last year.. I just don't get it.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I don't expect him to put up the same numbers he did last season or anything by far

But I expect him to perform on offense when given the chance.. He has been getting REJECTED by scrub defenders half his size in the last few games

Its like that part in space jam where Barkley gets his powers stolen and he gets blocked by that highschool girl. That is what Amar'e is playing like right now. Anything remotely contested he can't finish, which wasn't the case AT ALL last year.. I just don't get it.

I completely concur. I don't get it either.

iSaYughh

Starter

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

What an awesome analogy.