Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its Time To Vote

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Was this thread made to back the Carmelo trade? If it was, it's way off the mark. Lin, Novak, Chandler, JR Smith - nothing to do with it.

This team by miles.
    mainly made it because people say we were a better team before the trade but most of us kept saying we aren't a finished product yet and now that we have all the pieces we need I wanna know who still feels this team isn't better

without the Melo trade, Tyson doesn't come, Smith doesn't come, Lin doesn't get a chance to play(mainly cause Felton is still here and Melo told D'Antoni to give him a shot)

That's all true.

Was it the trade that made this team better though? No. Circumstance. Before Lin came and provided the most talked about story in sports in a long time, we were suffering because of the trade and the Billups amnesty.

Try as you might, advocating the trade as the reason for our success doesn't work. I think you know that. I told you so doesn't apply here.

That's all true.

Was it the trade that made this team better though? No. Circumstance. Before Lin came and provided the most talked about story in sports in a long time, we were suffering because of the trade and the Billups amnesty.

Try as you might, advocating the trade as the reason for our success doesn't work. I think you know that. I told you so doesn't apply here.
    I think if Dolan is the reason why the trade was made, it was a terrible one.

If Donnie made it, it was a good one. Billups, MLEs, younger player development, our team being more attractive for players to sign for lesser deals, etc., would have been better than the first team.

That's all true.

true but I'm not saying that I'm saying we were judging everything prematurely now that we have a team comparable to Denver we can say which team we rather have

In no way am I saying I told you so, I'm just saying with the team we have now is far better then the team guys were complaining they wanted back

Originally Posted by CA7

In no way am I saying I told you so, I'm just saying with the team we have now is far better then the team guys were complaining they wanted back
    At that time, not a single one of those people could have seen this coming, and Jeremy Lin wasn't on anyone's mind.

Getting on to those people now is pointless and irrelevant.

Of course everyone would prefer this team, but at the time people saying such things, myself included, were unhappy with what the team had become as a result of blowing it up for Melo who couldn't get us wins and could have come as a free agent. At that time this team didn't exist as it does now.

We are so incredibly lucky that things have worked out as they have. It's amazing! Now Melo's returning, and we'll find out what happens with this team almost at full capacity.

At that time, not a single one of those people could have seen this coming, and Jeremy Lin wasn't on anyone's mind.

Getting on to those people now is pointless and irrelevant.

Of course everyone would prefer this team, but at the time people saying such things, myself included, were unhappy with what the team had become as a result of blowing it up for Melo who couldn't get us wins and could have come as a free agent. At that time this team didn't exist as it does now.

We are so incredibly lucky that things have worked out as they have. It's amazing! Now Melo's returning, and we'll find out what happens with this team almost at full capacity.
    I'm saying patience goes a long way we were quick to bash the team and trade without understanding that pieces were missing and now that we are a complete product I ask everyone do you still want the pre-Melo Knicks, if so thats fine just curious to see who still feels the way they did before