JR Smith

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Is there anyway we could resign this guy next year? Waive Bibby in the offseason? Walker anything? This dude's talent is something, he is super athletic, can shoot the ball well, is a good passer and his ball handling and dribbling is really good

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've been thinking, and JUST thinking about that.

Sadly, no, unless he accepts the vet. min. Lin and Fields will be getting their money.

CA7

Scoring Champ
isn't he signed for next year he got the 2yr/5mil exception 2.5 each year we can then give him the MLE in 2013, if I'm not mistaken

edit: he has a player option which he'll hopefully pick up or if he opts out we can offer him the full MLE in the off-season and give Lin and Fields the QO and then re-sign them

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
isn't he signed for next year he got the 2yr/5mil exception 2.5 each year we can then give him the MLE in 2014, if I'm not mistaken
Really?? That would be amazing.

Honestly Novak deserves more than he's getting too. I hope we can keep this team intact. Not only are they playing great, they genuinely seem like they like playing with each other and having a lot of fun.

clumsy

Rotation player
He's gonna be a mercenary this year....I hope we win the chip this year because he's the missing piece on our team. Then again maybe Lin won't sign for that much...apparently he's worth 80 mil now based off of endorsements.

should be concerned about Novack too.

It's one game and we all know he can ball. Lets just hope his DNA can mix with our current chemistry. The NY spot light, money, and ego can be a monster. Hopefully , we have them dudes on the team and within the org. keeping him grounded. The money is not going to be an issue.

CA7

Scoring Champ
@CA7: $2.5M/1 + player option, not sure though.

yeah thats it all we have to do is this if he opts out

Landry Fields- qualifying offer
Jeremy Lin- qualifying offer
JR Smith- MLE

Landry Fields- has bird rights, so he can sign for whatever
Jeremy Lin- MLE

if he opts in

Jeremy Lin- MLE
Landry Fields- Qualifying offer
JR Smith- 2.5Mil

JR Smith- MLE
Landry Fields- has bird right signs for whatever

OR

Anthony/Chandler/Stoudemire- add a year to their contracts and take pay cuts but still make their full amounts and we get under the cap and pay all 3 of them

CA7

Scoring Champ
should be concerned about Novack too.

It's one game and we all know he can ball. Lets just hope his DNA can mix with our current chemistry. The NY spot light, money, and ego can be a monster. Hopefully , we have them dudes on the team and within the org. keeping him grounded. The money is not going to be an issue.

yeah vets minimum for him is good enough he doesn't live a crazy life style and loves the city

yeah vets minimum for him is good enough he doesn't live a crazy life style and loves the city

yeah, I"m not worring about Nova

to be clear...

"should be concerned about Novack too.

it's {J.R.} one game and we all know he can ball. Lets just hope his DNA can mix with our current chemistry. The NY spot light, money, and ego can be a monster. Hopefully , we have them dudes on the team and within the org. keeping him grounded. The money is not going to be an issue."

Fixed.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
This is why none of us are NBA GM's. Novak is a vet minimum player. He understands that his offense is inflated in the system so he will stick with it.

KingofNy

Starter
I think by the end of the season we're going to want to keep J.R. over Fields. He's more reliable and consistent. Fields is either hot or ICE COLD. There's no middle ground with Fields.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I think by the end of the season we're going to want to keep J.R. over Fields. He's more reliable and consistent. Fields is either hot or ICE COLD. There's no middle ground with Fields.

Fields is a 2nd year player.. we shouldnt worry about that..