View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many rebounds STAT collects tonight

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll

2 4.65%

0 0%

2 4.65%

2 4.65%

4 9.30%

11 25.58%

8 18.60%

6 13.95%

7 16.28%

1 2.33%
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 81832333435363738

Thread: Knicks V Nets - February 20th, 7:30pm.

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    is anyone else extremely frustrated with STAT's defense i dont understand how he can be so bad on defense, i mean is he zoning out because of what happened to his bro? (RIP man) Idk but its extremely frustrating watching him just standing there.. he says he wasnt really taught defense throughout his career but its basic basketball fundamentals.

Both Stat and Melo need to wake up and play defense like you are suppose to play.All I see expecially with Melo is loafing not caring at all of defense.Its a completly different story when the knicks have the ball. He and Stat are running all over the place.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    You're just missing the point here my man.

*If the looks were so great we wouldn't have missed so many

That's just an erroneous assumption; and you're fighting against proven game theory. And being results-oriented, and not acknowledging variance.

And before you jump on being for saying "don't be results-oriented".....

*so you advocate making the same mistake over and over again?

No, I def don't. Because what was happening wasn't a mistake. You are calling them mistakes because it didn't work out -- they were a byproduct of our offense, which was running efficiently and well. And the shots weren't bad. They were actually pretty great.

We just didn't execute, and the refs really reamed us all over...our inside game, as well.

Lin was running the offense, like he does, and he was running it well. The shot were good. I'm happy we took them, I'm happy we had them to take.

If we could replay it 1000000000 times, I'd sign up for us to have and take those opportunities again.
    Not at all. I told Ron earlier this year when he was clamoring for a PG that even with an elite PG if we played the same way we'd be very inconsistent. The game of basketball is easy. You take as many close shots as you can and prevent as many as you can.

When we were down 8 with about 5 min left that was the time to run some sets for post ups, but we did the same thing that hadnt been working for much of the game.

I agree that if it aint broke dont fix it, but this should be a game to game thing. A quarter to quarter thing.

Linsanity didnt work tonight. We should have gone with the MeloDrama in the 4th...

This team needs to stop playing down to its competition, sheesh....

Looking at it positively though, not much time all practicing together. Not gonna make excuses for this BAD loss, and I'm certainly not gonna come to terms with EVER losing to the Nets, but in the grand scheme of things I think we'll be okay after this one.

Let's come back big against Atlanta and then even more so, Miami.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Simply put:

when your offense is stinking it up missing high-quality, high pt producing shots, you're offense is doing the right thing.

We lost this game for a lot of clear reasons. MDA is not one of them, nor was our overall offensive approach, orchestrated by Lin (and MDA).

Anyway, since MDA is getting such credit for this loss and it's relation to Lin and Lin running the offense, surely MDA then had his fingers all over the blueprint of what has made Lin what Lin has been for us?

You guys remind me of the history books I read growing up. I hope I'm remembering this correctly.

The British (you guys) during wartime were absolutely demolishing the colonies (me). They used to both fight war by standing in line and shooting at one another until one side won. The British had better guns a shooters at that time. But someone on the colonies side came up with the bright idea of hiding behind rocks and trees while shooting.

Well you know how that turned out.

Like I said if it's working, fine. If not doing something different might lead to more victories...

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Damn. I'm the only person who called STAT for 4 boards.

Mental rep point from me to me.
    i'd rep you one just for the phantasmagoric GT, but KO tells me I have to spread my semen around...

Very disappointed by this loss.

Let's leave it behind and win the last 2 games before the ASG!

I'm sure our players are as disappointed as we are, **** the Nets, long season only god knows how it'll end.

If we can't attain home court advantage - so be it, we've done it before from 8th seed, we can do it again.

The most important thing is to stay positive and not get depressed like early in the season when we looked like a failed project.

It's a chaotic lockout-season, with injuries and lineup changes right, left and center. We can worry about a 0.700 record next year, this year it's all about fighting through the setbacks and struggles and still beeing successfull in the end.

Veteran

So they keep him out against us for a rest and then throw Howard at him in his first game back? They must actually think they can win the game. Dick heads!
    who's the dickhead???????????????????/

Jesus buys were acting like we just lost the Finals.
    It was a terrible loss but just that, a loss.
    Melo was **** yesterday I agree but he will get alittle better, Melo is out of his prime and im starting to see why Crazy8 said we gave up too much for Melo.
    STAT is a problem all in his one, he's not the STAT of last year nor will he probably be again. All I see is people blow by him as he stands and watches.
    I understand that with the talent on this team,we want instant production but that just isn't going to happen.
    Hopefully we want a real surge for the playoffs towards the end

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Very disappointed by this loss.

Let's leave it behind and win the last 2 games before the ASG!

I'm sure our players are as disappointed as we are, **** the Nets, long season only god knows how it'll end.

If we can't attain home court advantage - so be it, we've done it before from 8th seed, we can do it again.

The most important thing is to stay positive and not get depressed like early in the season when we looked like a failed project.

It's a chaotic lockout-season, with injuries and lineup changes right, left and center. We can worry about a 0.700 record next year, this year it's all about fighting through the setbacks and struggles and still beeing successfull in the end.
    We got good looks, this is the offense we have, sometimes the shots don't fall.I'm not gonna go crazy, but i do wish we would stop playing to the level of our comp.

Veteran

They lost because of 2 reasons....

1. Gelling issues due to the return of Stat, Melo, and new team mates in B.Davis and Smith...none of the 4 have yet to practice with each other or the other new guy J-Lin... it's to be expected.

2. DWill had a point to prove.

Actually, I think Shump would have been the difference if he played.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

1. Gelling issues due to the return of Stat, Melo, and new team mates in B.Davis and Smith...none of the 4 have yet to practice with each other or the other new guy J-Lin... it's to be expected.

shump definitely would have made more of a difference than anything. the dude has been an ELITE perimeter defender. even if he only guards deron when he got really hot in the 3rd we cool them off just enough to even it up and its a new game in the 4th.

Originally Posted by paris401
    who's the dickhead???????????????????/
    Your face.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

and we shot poorly.

Veteran

Your face.
    come on...give us some more predictions....