Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Can Keep Lin With $5 Million Exception

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Knicks Can Keep Lin With $5 Million Exception

Jeremy Lin will be a restricted free agent after this season.

Lin will be eligible to receive a qualifying offer from the Knicks worth approximately $2.7 million, with $5 million being the maximum that another team could offer in the first year of a multi-year offer sheet.

The Knicks could use their full mid-level exception to match all offers.

"He's had five games that LeBron James would be jealous of," one NBA general manager said Tuesday. "So he's outplaying his time in the D-League right now. Itís happened, but itís pretty rare for a guy to play better in the pros than in the minor leagues. It's also rare for someone who's had a five-game stretch like this not to turn out to be an All Star."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219014/Knicks_Can_Keep_Lin_With_$5_Million_Exception#ixzz 1mVgL4CEx

There was a thread about this already, but I do like that you found an article about it. Good find... Do you know if we get the 2.5 exception every year?

Let's make a thread for every possible FA scenario regarding Lin. You aren't making a very good case for mod, in fact this is a horrible start. Would your first act be to get rid of this thread?

Superstar

wait, I thought they don't have to use their exception to keep him... With bird rights players you can offer 175% of their salary or up to the league medium salary which is right under 5 million without it effecting your exception, and because he is restricted we can match any offer regardless of the cap.

Or at least that was my understanding of it...

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    wait, I thought they don't have to use their exception to keep him... With bird rights players you can offer 175% of their salary or up to the league medium salary which is right under 5 million without it effecting your exception, and because he is restricted we can match any offer regardless of the cap.

Or at least that was my understanding of it...
    We don't own his Birds right

12th man

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    Let's make a thread for every possible FA scenario regarding Lin. You aren't making a very good case for mod, in fact this is a horrible start. Would your first act be to get rid of this thread?
    Easy there tough guy.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Easy there tough guy.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    is that directed toward the guy that talks about being tough, or the person pointing out blatant hipocrisy?

LOL. I love when people keep it G. People just need to call it out when things don't square.

There's like 4 threads for this...

12th man

Is it really that big deal right now? Its a recent article. You guys need a girlfriend or hit the gym.

Can we stay on topic here gang? Any chance?

I actually was unsure how it was going to be possible for us to keep Lin seeing as we have no cap breathing space. The article's a good read.

12th man

Originally Posted by Sage
    Can we stay on topic here gang? Any chance?

I actually was unsure how it was going to be possible for us to keep Lin seeing as we have no cap breathing space. The article's a good read.
    Thanks dude...seriously, I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't worth it.

If you weren't the person who JUST started campaigning for mod based off this not happening, you may have a point. But right now you either don't realize you're contradicting yourself, and aren't nearly qualified, or you think you should have different rules than everyone else, and you aren't nearly qualified. When you said the bull**** was behind you I thought fine, if hes not gonna be a tool and argue about who's toughest on the internet i dont have a problem with it. But this is really really stupid.

is that directed toward the guy that talks about being tough, or the person pointing out blatant hipocrisy?
    I'm just messing around dude... No offense. Be happy dude, Knicks won tonight.