We are Deeper now Than Before the Trade with Denver!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Our team is deeper and I would argue better constructed now than prior to the trade where we supposedly lost our entire roster and would be stuck in cap hell with a thin team for the next 5 years. Simply put, myself and others who argued that you do what it takes to get the star first and fill needs later have been vindicated. Sure, Melo is injured and has not played great and some may argue that he is not the "right" star but what is undeniable is that this team is deeper now than before the trade last year.

I think if we can work Melo into this offense and he buys in to the quick pace, ball movement and does not stick to his ISO-blackhole syndrome we will be a top 5 team in the league. I have confidence that it can be done and we may look back on this injury as a blessing that displays to Melo that he either gets with the program or he can get to stepping.

In conclusion, Walsh made the right move in obtaining a superstar even if it meant losing a bunch of role players and fan-faves since we rebuilt so thoroughly and so quickly. I understand that Linsanity was not expected and goes along way towards our new found depth but the acquisitions of players like Tyson and JR Smith show how filling needs is relatively easy once the stars are in place.

P.S. Isn't it nice to have players actually playing their natural position?

P.P.S. Another PG having a career year under MDA. Coincidence? I think not! Let alone the devlopment and stellar play of Novak, JJ and Shump.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sup, Trillion!?

Been a while, bro.

Are you making an "I told you so" thread? :lol:

These are beginning to gather pace of late.

All I can say is, this team is currently the luckiest team in sports worldwide.

We pull Tyson Chandler out of nowhere. A good signing, nonetheless.

We have one of the league's most dangerous players explode out of nowhere at minimum salary.

We have JR Smith float in for cheap.

Landry Fields salary matches Lin's to the dollar and he's playing exceptionally well.

The circumstances have been amazing, almost unbelievable.

I don't think anyone can claim prognostication of this magnitude.

That, IMO, would be using the Lin wagon to make ourselves fell good about ourselves analytically.

CoolClyde

Deeper, Johnny Deeper!

if it wasn't for Linstantaneous combustion, none of this would have happened, but I agree,
picking up Chandler has been a godsend, and Junior Smitty is the icing on the cake. Plus,
Novak and Girafferies didn't do anything special until Spike Lin hit the Garden parquet...
but hey, welcome back Trillyo, we are definitely deeper than the vag of a 6 foot ho.

Forrest17

Rotation player
if it wasn't for Linstantaneous combustion, none of this would have happened, but I agree,

Exactly. Lin vindicated the trade. He turned a bad one into a good one

The "get the star and fill out the roster of role players around them" mentality is actually working backwards, because now the star we traded all the role players for is going to have to become the role player for the role player who became a star.

knicksin60

Starter
Let's compare rosters.

Lin > Felton
Melo > Gallo
Amar'e < Amar'e
Shump = Wilson
Fields = Fields
Tyson > Mosgov
B. Diddy > Mason J.R.
Jorts = Turiaf
J.R. > Rautins
Novak = Purp
Jeffries > Randolph
Douglas = Douglas
Jerome Jordan > Eddy Curry

Didn't have anyone on last year's roster to compare Bibby to.

Wargames

Starter
Yes but the knicks got lucky so while I am happy. No one can honestly say "I told you so because well this guy out of no Where that the knicks get off of waivers is going to have the best run of games as a beginning starter in league history"

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
Let's compare rosters.

Lin > Felton
Melo > Gallo
Amar'e < Amar'e
Shump = Wilson
Fields = Fields
Tyson > Mosgov
B. Diddy > Mason J.R.
Jorts = Turiaf
J.R. > Rautins
Novak = Purp
Jeffries > Randolph
Douglas = Douglas

Novak>Shawne
Jorts is way better than Turiaf!

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
Shawne was good but I feel like everytime Novak shoots its gonna go in and his defense isnt THAT bad lol

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
Let's compare rosters.

Lin > Felton
Melo > Gallo
Amar'e < Amar'e
Shump = Wilson
Fields = Fields
Tyson > Mosgov
B. Diddy > Mason J.R.
Jorts = Turiaf
J.R. > Rautins
Novak = Purp
Jeffries > Randolph
Douglas = Douglas

Fixed*

ANTHONY CARTER>>>>BIBBY

Red

TYPE-A
Our team is deeper and I would argue better constructed now than prior to the trade where we supposedly lost our entire roster and would be stuck in cap hell with a thin team for the next 5 years. Simply put, myself and others who argued that you do what it takes to get the star first and fill needs later have been vindicated. Sure, Melo is injured and has not played great and some may argue that he is not the "right" star but what is undeniable is that this team is deeper now than before the trade last year.

I think if we can work Melo into this offense and he buys in to the quick pace, ball movement and does not stick to his ISO-blackhole syndrome we will be a top 5 team in the league. I have confidence that it can be done and we may look back on this injury as a blessing that displays to Melo that he either gets with the program or he can get to stepping.

In conclusion, Walsh made the right move in obtaining a superstar even if it meant losing a bunch of role players and fan-faves since we rebuilt so thoroughly and so quickly. I understand that Linsanity was not expected and goes along way towards our new found depth but the acquisitions of players like Tyson and JR Smith show how filling needs is relatively easy once the stars are in place.

P.S. Isn't it nice to have players actually playing their natural position?

P.P.S. Another PG having a career year under MDA. Coincidence? I think not! Let alone the devlopment and stellar play of Novak, JJ and Shump.

What up!

Daddy time got you busy huh?

But not too busy to miss Linsanity!

P.P.S. Another PG having a career year under MDA. Coincidence? I think not!

P.P.S.S. Another team in the upper echelon of the league in defense with a viable big? Coincidence? I think not! :thumbsup:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
You can say I told you so even with Lin coming out of nowhere the main thing this team always needed was a good PG I was saying that since I joined this site even when the Knicks like 9 outta 10 games or whatever. The fact that Lin came out of nowhere does change things it's just the fact that NY got a good PG any good PG woulda helped honesty(maybe not have the impact of Lin but def help) and everyone is back playing in their natural comfortable position shows what I thought and said this team was capable of when most ppl were still crying over Felton and Gallo.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
picking up Chandler has been a godsend, and Junior Smitty is the icing on the cake. Plus,
Novak and Girafferies didn't do anything special until Spike Lin hit the Garden parquet...
but hey, welcome back Trillyo, we are definitely deeper than the vag of a 6 foot ho.
Sorry bro...The Garden is not parquet(thank gawd,) that shit is for shamrocks and leprechauns.

Let's compare rosters.

Lin > Felton
Melo > Gallo
Amar'e < Amar'e
Shump < Wilson
Fields = Fields
Tyson > Mosgov
B. Diddy > Mason J.R.
Jorts = Turiaf
J.R. > Rautins
Novak = Purp
Jeffries > Randolph
Douglas = Douglas

I can only hope Shump can develop into an Ill-Will type.

But yes, it's an incredibly fortunate position we have found ourselves in. Maybe it's just karma for what we've had to endure for the past DECADE.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Welcome back Trillion!

:agreed:

This is a well-thought out OP. We are deeper and better than we were before the Melo trade. The luck involved in Lin coming to the forefront and the savvy of the FO in drafting smartly are the reasons we can claim to be in a better position.

We don't have Melo or Jorts back and we beat a good team like Dallas. This really bodes well for us going forward.

I still can't believe my eyes as I'm watching Lin to the things he's doing in these games.

Good thread.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Im with Unloopme, Chandler > Shump

But Shump will improve, they'll eventually be similar...Shumps just gotta work on his shot more and decision making. I give him the edge defensively even though i consider Chandler to be a good above average defender himself. No ones got quicker hands then Shumplesworth

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Im with Unloopme, Chandler > Shump

But Shump will improve, they'll eventually be similar...Shumps just gotta work on his shot more and decision making. I give him the edge defensively even though i consider Chandler to be a good above average defender himself. No ones got quicker hands then Shumplesworth
No question he's downright beastly on the D, and props for coining, "Shumplesworth." :teeth:

Red

TYPE-A
We're about to form Voltron...

Voltron345.jpg

once this guy gets back.

image.JPG

and we don't really even need him. :cool:

Going to be interesting to see how D'Antoni uses our players... very interesting.

LIN-JR-MELO-STAT-TC

BD-SHUMP-FIELDS-NOVAK-JJ

JORTS-JORDAN-WALKER-BIBBY RES.

Last edited: