Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Support Amar'e Stoudemire Thread

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Yes trade all of our players when they're at their worst.....

If we had things your way, we would have traded Fields for peanuts when he was struggling and would eventually have a team full of crap no one else wants since EVERY player struggles now and then.

Prime example? Look at Dirk. He was playing like absolute shiit early this year until he got slowly into shape. I'm hoping the same case goes with Amare. He just lost his brother and he's definitely not in game shape physically or mentally. Hopefully he can get groove back slowly.
    Every player does struggle now and then, but Negative Stats has been struggling since at least a week before the Melo trade last year. Can we stop making excuses for him? Why is it that some of us Knicks fans are so in love with STat? Some of you guys are truly brainwashed. You spend countless hours debating whether or not Melo will fit in while ignoring the fact that Amare is making rookie like decisions out on the court.

As soon as you said you were "hoping" Amare's case is the same as Dirks, thats where u lost. You can hope all u want but the fact is that Dirk is a much more intelligent basketball player. I would take an out of shape Dirk over Amarknee any day. And lets not forget Amarknee was the same player before his brothers death as hes been since returning. I feel bad for Amare and his family but lets stop making excuses. I have never seen a player get a pass here in New York the way Amare has. Guys like Crawford, Marbury, Isiah, Randolph, Curry, Carmelo, Dantoni, etc. have been turned to human sacrafices by the media and New York fans. Why the **** does Amare get a pass? Somebody please tell me

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Why doesn't he play like Jefferies and Tyson? With heart, with passion & fire. He did that last year. Where did his Knicks heart go? Did it leave together with his game? Maybe he doesn't wanna play on the big stage anymore.

I will love him - when he love me - If he loved me - he would play hard for me. He doesn't....
    Exactly. I would say all Knicks fans hold a special place in their heart for what he's done for Knicks basketball. We all like Stat (At least most of us). That goes without saying tho that he hasn't been performing well enough to be a starter in my opinion and I think our team plays better when he's not in the game.

Can he improve? Hopefully but right now his play has really stunk and even when he does have a 20 point game his play just looked bad. Maybe if he starts hitting his midrange jumper than the lanes will open up for him to drive. But right now the dude has his stuff sent packing under the basket multiple times a game and his jumper just isn't there. Don't get mad at the people pointing it out, we're not the ones that aren't performing on the court.

I agree with Starbury, we need to stop making excuses for him and stop overlooking his poor performance because he was the first star that came to NY. Don't forget Stat probably wouldn't of came here if other team's were offering him $100M. He couldn't even get $70M from the Suns or other teams.

Even on ESPN first take, Skip Bayless just acted like Amare has accepted the role of being a role player for the better of the team. Its not a matter of him accepting this role, he has been forced into it by missing easy shots, getting his shot blocked and being called for offensive fouls. Its amazing how his poor play is being ignored by the media, its just something i cant believe. Its like i said in the other post, there have been so many players crucified here in New York, why not Stat? Just look at this list...some deserving, some not deserving

Stephon Marbury
    Mike Dantoni
    Jared Jeffries
    Eddy Curry
    Jamal Crawford
    Chris Duhon
    Zach Randolph
    Carmelo Anthony
    Isiah Thomas
    etc.

When a player or coach isnt doing their job, knicks fans rarely hold back. But most of us Knicks fans who are filled with great pride are being brain washed by the media, the same way the illuminati brainwashes all citizens of planet earth. Just because the media is sh*ttin on Carmelo doesnt mean all of us knicks fans have to go along. And just because the media is ignoring the decline of Negative Stats, doesnt mean that we have to ignore it too. Im sick of the excuses, im disgusted with them.

If Stat turns it around then thats great, ill have no problem with him. But he's looked like hes about 35 ever since he got "tired" and burnt out last year shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

i support him... on 2k

look how much of a beast he is

THIS IS THE STAT I KNEW

IDK WHAT I WAS WATCHING LAST NIGHT VS THE MAVS

Veteran

If Amare ends the season playing the same way...don't be surprised if he has his contract restructured (for the sake of the team and bad P.R.). I think most fans aren't giving him the heat now because we still are winning, and...they might not want to look insinsitive to his Bro's death....idk

As for me, I recognize his weaknesses and never thought he was worth the tag or the money. simply, because he needs a pg to get him the rock in his sweet spot.. If he practice his foot work...his game will pick up on both ends. But his legs don't seem right anymore (as mostly anyone who undergoes the knife). I suspect those operatons and days upons days of balling is starting to take a toll on him...so, phuc it, pay the mofo.... he's going to need that cash....

We all know Stat came hear on a panic move, he's tall, talented and all, haha...that cash was not intended for him in the first place...but now its his, he brought some hype, he brought some game, made allstar game again, and since that game... he's been adjusting to new dudes on the team...among other things. It's all good thou, because now he's a piece to a beastly looking team. Not to mention, he also drew attention to the team for fans and players alike...

I can honestly give him a pass this year... considering the obvious,...however, next year I expect more fire and a sense of leadership from him... he'll find a comfort zone amongst the team soon enough. Give him a min, he can only hang himself if he doesn't make adjustments.

iJoe is right. KingStarbury and plenty of others wanted to get rid of Fields because he was in a bit of a slump, a lot of people wanted to trade Shumpert those games he was going 4-20.

Yeah ok let's trade STAT for a D-Leaguer and a couple of bottles of water and say goodbye to any hope we have of a ring

Because 20ppg, is meaningless

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Yes trade all of our players when they're at their worst.....

If we had things your way, we would have traded Fields for peanuts when he was struggling and would eventually have a team full of crap no one else wants since EVERY player struggles now and then.

Prime example? Look at Dirk. He was playing like absolute shiit early this year until he got slowly into shape. I'm hoping the same case goes with Amare. He just lost his brother and he's definitely not in game shape physically or mentally. Hopefully he can get groove back slowly.

Word before his bro passed it seemed to me like Amare was improving but since then he's fallen back. I think in do time he'll get back close to his normal game, and your right you have to give guys a chance it's been like 30 games, what if STAT gets back to normal then whats all the ppl hating on him gonna say.

Default I got your back, STAT

I can understand everyone's frustration regarding STAT...It's been bothering me too.

BUT, I for one will give my man some slack for a few good reasons.

1. STAT and Felton BOTH started falling off before the ASG due to 'Asstoni pounding them into dust with his 7-8 man rotation.
    2. That damn back injury had him away from ball for MONTHS. Even though he make look physically "fit" we know it's not the same as "ball fit" evidenced by his ankle injury early on this year.
    3. The man's big brother died VERY recently, and they were close. Don't discount this when it seems like he's just going through the motions out there.

He's a stand-up guy in my book, and was the first to come to us WILLING to carry the burden of reviving a long since pronounced dead, but still a proud franchise. Mad props to him for that...at least from me.

So, in conclusion...I for one will support STAT until his time with us is done. I have faith that he'll bounce back and give us quality play. But he won't, and we don't need, that 30+ pts STAT anymore. Just work on D, board, get that sweet J back, and P&R when the opposing D and the game dictates.

Originally Posted by smokes
    iJoe is right. KingStarbury and plenty of others wanted to get rid of Fields because he was in a bit of a slump, a lot of people wanted to trade Shumpert those games he was going 4-20.

Yeah ok let's trade STAT for a D-Leaguer and a couple of bottles of water and say goodbye to any hope we have of a ring

Because 20ppg, is meaningless
    20ppg is meaningless when your like a statue on defense, Amare on D looks like he has cement in his shoes. And hes no longer the very efficient player he once was, the one thing he always did very well I wouldnt even consider him good at anymore.

And it makes no sense to compare Fields and Stoudemire. Stats an established veteran who's clearly still on the decline. Fields is still only in his second year. And Fields doesnt even make a milli, I dont know who was suggesting that we trade him but I can think of more reasons why we should trade Stat. I have about 100 million of them to be exact...

Originally Posted by unloopme
    I can understand everyone's frustration regarding STAT...It's been bothering me too.

BUT, I for one will give my man some slack for a few good reasons.

1. STAT and Felton BOTH started falling off before the ASG due to 'Asstoni pounding them into dust with his 7-8 man rotation.
    2. That damn back injury had him away from ball for MONTHS. Even though he make look physically "fit" we know it's not the same as "ball fit" evidenced by his ankle injury early on this year.
    3. The man's big brother died VERY recently, and they were close. Don't discount this when it seems like he's just going through the motions out there.

He's a stand-up guy in my book, and was the first to come to us WILLING to carry the burden of reviving a long since pronounced dead, but still a proud franchise. Mad props to him for that...at least from me.

So, in conclusion...I for one will support STAT until his time with us is done. I have faith that he'll bounce back and give us quality play. But he won't, and we don't need, that 30+ pts STAT anymore. Just work on D, board, get that sweet J back, and P&R when the opposing D and the game dictates.
    1. Ill give u that, but Stat took games off last year and still never got back to being the Stat we knew earlier in the season

2. He had plenty of time go get things going again before his brother died

3. Again, i dont even need to judge Stat on what hes done since returning from his brothers passing

You must be dreaming if u think hes gonna work on his defense

These are all excuses that most of u guys are making, why do fans and the media go out of their way to make excuses for Stat while also going out of their way to scrutinize Carmelo? Melo was clearly the better of the two before he got hurt

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    1. Ill give u that, but Stat took games off last year and still never got back to being the Stat we knew earlier in the season

2. He had plenty of time go get things going again before his brother died

3. Again, i dont even need to judge Stat on what hes done since returning from his brothers passing

You must be dreaming if u think hes gonna work on his defense

These are all excuses that most of u guys are making, why do fans and the media go out of their way to make excuses for Stat while also going out of their way to scrutinize Carmelo? Melo was clearly the better of the two before he got hurt
    You won't EVER catch me hatin' on Melo either. I'm glad they're both here to be honest.

On point 2.
    I don't think any of us can judge just where he's at physically. Back pain is no joke, I know this firsthand. Sometimes the **** just lingers and you never get right. I hope that's not the case with STAT, cause I'm pulling for him(no homo.)

But I feel the same frustrations as you, and yeah, at least I can "dream" about him working on D.

^

Well i respect u on point 1...

You have a point with point 2 as well, I'd like to see him make a comeback to the same form he was in the first half of last season. This might be hard to believe but Im even rooting for him to do this, at the same time I just dont see him being the consistent dominant and efficient force he was in the past. I hope Im wrong, I realize that realistically he wont be traded. Part of the "Trade Stat" stuff is shock humor although i do see the potential advantages of not having to pay him all the money he's owed.

I guess what frustrates me the most is the Knicks fans and media that do defend Stat but hate on Melo. But we'll have to see what Stat does from here, I hope he proves me wrong. It'd be for the better of the team if he does, no question about that

Slower
    Invisible
    Inconsistent jumper
    Lazy on defense
    Rarely finishes strong
    Not even a minor post game

All this and he's only 30! I have this bad feeling that he'll be reduced to an average PF by 32 and strictly relying on mid range jumpers. The fact that he has no post game will def shorten his career when the little bit of quickness he has is gone. Let's not forget he's a subpar defender so he can't even use that to prolong his career... Sort of like KG has done.

I still support STATue but I can see rough times ahead if things don't change soon.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Slower
    Invisible
    Inconsistent jumper
    Lazy on defense
    Rarely finishes strong
    Not even a minor post game

All this and he's only 30! I have this bad feeling that he'll be reduced to an average PF by 32 and strictly relying on mid range jumpers. The fact that he has no post game will def shorten his career when the little bit of quickness he has is gone. Let's not forget he's a subpar defender so he can't even use that to prolong his career... Sort of like KG has done.

I still support STATue but I can see rough times ahead if things don't change soon.
    Exactly. People think that us pointing out his problems is saying that we don't support him. It isn't like that... We're just wanting him to improve his game as every Knick fan should. And everyone's hate for Melo is unwarranted... We'd have 2-3 wins before Lin if it weren't for Melo.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Exactly. People think that us pointing out his problems is saying that we don't support him. It isn't like that... We're just wanting him to improve his game as every Knick fan should. And everyone's hate for Melo is unwarranted... We'd have 2-3 wins before Lin if it weren't for Melo.
    There's a big difference between pointing out problems and straight up hating. I know you are just pointing things out, and KingStarbury, to a degree, since his posts are always extreme.

But watch a game thread, where people are just bitching on STAT every single page. We need to back STAT (no pun intended ) positivity FTW!