Official Support Amar'e Stoudemire Thread

smokes

Huge Member
Amare-Stoudemire-bball-player.jpg

I want to make this thread to try to get people to stop hatin' on the big dog STATue right now.

I understand why people are all over this guy. Yes he makes 20 million a year from us, yes he sucks at defending, and yea he's had a sub-par season so far.

However, we are not gonna trade Amarknee and here's why:

* Uninsured contract
* Cannot trade him to a rival
* Won't get fair value
* Won't get a good big in return (which we would need)

There is no point hoping for us to trade him because it will not happen. Definitely not this season. So what's the point in pouring negativity on this guy? For better or worse we are stuck with him. I have full faith in him to return to being a dominant offensive PF. Defensively who knows, but I feel at least as long as he can put the effort in he can only get better playing alongside defensive guru's like Tyson Chandler and Jeffries.

Stoudemire has done so many things for this franchise in such a short time. Regardless of whether he did it for the money or whatever, he brought us back to relevancy which has been the catalyst for us being in the position we are in today.

He dragged us through most of last season and it was down to him we went to the playoffs at all. NINE in a row 30+ point performances to bring us back Jeremy Lin style from a piss poor record. He is a big part of the reason Carmelo Anthony came to NY and thus the reason Tyson Chandler came to NY.

He's played below his standards this season but he is bringing it together bit by bit.

His stats have been a bit off, he's averaging 18/8/1 on 45% shooting, not great by his standards.

However the last 10 games he's up to nearly 20/9/1 with 48.5% shooting. Gradually things are on the up, as he gels with Lin more his FG% should go back to normal. PPG is quite negligible if he's putting up 20+, depending how Lin, Anthony, Smith, Chandler are scoring it's more than enough.

There are a few things I'd love to see from STAT. One to regain that first step he had last year to get by his defender when he's in close and to get up for those blocks. Also he needs to commit to screening a lot more, not only for the PNR with Lin, but when Melo returns, STAT and Tyson can make his life 100x easier setting picks for him so he can get to his sweet spots and catch and shoot. Imagine Melo, who has to put almost no energy into offense due to solid play from Lin and his bigs. Thus having energy to play defense. Sweet sweet music!

Lin
Fields
Melo
Healthy Productive STAT
Chandler

Smith
Shumpert
Jefferies
Novak
Baron
Jorts
Walker

That is a championship calibre team no doubt with STAT being a major cog. We can't just write off one of the major pieces of the puzzle. We need to get where KingStarbury would love to be, behind this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Yes- if Stat was playing like he did last year we would be a serious threat. Unfortunately he is not.

I think he liked being the center of attention. Now he's not even the second person in the spot light. More like the fourth...

smokes

Huge Member
Yes- if Stat was playing like he did last year we would be a serious threat. Unfortunately he is not.

I think he liked being the center of attention. Now he's not even the second person in the spot light. More like the fourth...

He can play a much lesser role than last year and still be an enormous part of our success.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nice thread, smokes.

I agree entirely, but I can't help but cuss his ass with some of the defensive fumbles he's been responsible for in the last few games. All in all, I think he's doing pretty well, and will continue to improve on that.

Naturally I'm unaware of what's been said at practice/in the locker room, but if STAT wants the attention he clearly craves for his efforts, he's going to have to restructure a little.

Rebound, block some shots, shut down opponents.

If we can get more production out of those 3 categories, he'll be closer to deserving that enormous pay cheque.

fender0577

Rotation player
Does anyone else think, that the 20lbs, he put on, has effected his lift.He might need to lose some of that, because iv'e never seen him getting his shot blocked like this.Smoke i like this thread, iv'e been supporting STAT all year, he'll come around.:gony:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
WE HAVE A BEAST IN STAT,

This is a guy who brought basketball back to MSG by himself, well with the help of Raymond Felton. I'm tired of people going at STAT for his performance ever since Melo came in. Its pretty obvious why the man cant drop 40 anymore. WE DID NOT HAVE A TRUE PICK AND ROLL PG.I mean is it not kinda weird that his STATS (lol) went down ever since we let go of Felton? But now with Lin there slowly going back up? I mean our genius coach before Linsanity was feeding the ball to Amare by the 3 point line. Show me one time where Amare was known for creating his own shot. We signed him knowing he cant create his own shot and that hes a pick and roll pf, REASON we picked up Felton.

Now we have Lin, a true PG. So now we can officially judge STAT.

LeFlume

All Star
Why doesn't he play like Jefferies and Tyson? With heart, with passion & fire. He did that last year. Where did his Knicks heart go? Did it leave together with his game? Maybe he doesn't wanna play on the big stage anymore. :boohoo:

I will love him - when he love me - If he loved me - he would play hard for me. He doesn't....

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Why doesn't he play like Jefferies and Tyson? With heart, with passion & fire. He did that last year. Where did his Knicks heart go? Did it leave together with his game? Maybe he doesn't wanna play on the big stage anymore. :boohoo:

Idk could be because he was asked to start making 3 pointers and he simply just could not do that. Also no matter who you are being the number 1 option and then being what the 3rd now takes a emotional toll on your ego. Like I said now with Lin if Stat still plays like a scrub then we can start with the hate.

KingCharles34

All Star
* Uninsured contract
* Cannot trade him to a rival
* Won't get fair value
* Won't get a good big in return (which we would need)

1. More reason to trade his bum ass
2. Fine, we'll find a non rival team to trade him to. If it comes down to it we should buy him out
3. It would be another team that wouldnt get fair value, if all we got for Stat was a d leaguer, a basketball, and 2 water bottles that would be a great trade for us
4. Its not like hes a good big, hes more like a shooting guard

We could really use the money from his contract to re-sign Lin, JR Smith, and others

I have no idea why Carmelo has been under so much scrutiny. Negative Stats is the problem and he needs to go

iJoe

Rotation player
1. More reason to trade his bum ass
2. Fine, we'll find a non rival team to trade him to. If it comes down to it we should buy him out
3. It would be another team that wouldnt get fair value, if all we got for Stat was a d leaguer, a basketball, and 2 water bottles that would be a great trade for us
4. Its not like hes a good big, hes more like a shooting guard

We could really use the money from his contract to re-sign Lin, JR Smith, and others

I have no idea why Carmelo has been under so much scrutiny. Negative Stats is the problem and he needs to go

Yes trade all of our players when they're at their worst.....

If we had things your way, we would have traded Fields for peanuts when he was struggling and would eventually have a team full of crap no one else wants since EVERY player struggles now and then.

Prime example? Look at Dirk. He was playing like absolute shiit early this year until he got slowly into shape. I'm hoping the same case goes with Amare. He just lost his brother and he's definitely not in game shape physically or mentally. Hopefully he can get groove back slowly.

KingCharles34

All Star
Yes trade all of our players when they're at their worst.....

If we had things your way, we would have traded Fields for peanuts when he was struggling and would eventually have a team full of crap no one else wants since EVERY player struggles now and then.

Prime example? Look at Dirk. He was playing like absolute shiit early this year until he got slowly into shape. I'm hoping the same case goes with Amare. He just lost his brother and he's definitely not in game shape physically or mentally. Hopefully he can get groove back slowly.

Every player does struggle now and then, but Negative Stats has been struggling since at least a week before the Melo trade last year. Can we stop making excuses for him? Why is it that some of us Knicks fans are so in love with STat? Some of you guys are truly brainwashed. You spend countless hours debating whether or not Melo will fit in while ignoring the fact that Amare is making rookie like decisions out on the court.

As soon as you said you were "hoping" Amare's case is the same as Dirks, thats where u lost. You can hope all u want but the fact is that Dirk is a much more intelligent basketball player. I would take an out of shape Dirk over Amarknee any day. And lets not forget Amarknee was the same player before his brothers death as hes been since returning. I feel bad for Amare and his family but lets stop making excuses. I have never seen a player get a pass here in New York the way Amare has. Guys like Crawford, Marbury, Isiah, Randolph, Curry, Carmelo, Dantoni, etc. have been turned to human sacrafices by the media and New York fans. Why the FUKK does Amare get a pass? Somebody please tell me

KingofNy

Starter

I will love him - when he love me - If he loved me - he would play hard for me. He doesn't....

Exactly. I would say all Knicks fans hold a special place in their heart for what he's done for Knicks basketball. We all like Stat (At least most of us). That goes without saying tho that he hasn't been performing well enough to be a starter in my opinion and I think our team plays better when he's not in the game.

Can he improve? Hopefully but right now his play has really stunk and even when he does have a 20 point game his play just looked bad. Maybe if he starts hitting his midrange jumper than the lanes will open up for him to drive. But right now the dude has his stuff sent packing under the basket multiple times a game and his jumper just isn't there. Don't get mad at the people pointing it out, we're not the ones that aren't performing on the court.

I agree with Starbury, we need to stop making excuses for him and stop overlooking his poor performance because he was the first star that came to NY. Don't forget Stat probably wouldn't of came here if other team's were offering him $100M. He couldn't even get $70M from the Suns or other teams.

KingCharles34

All Star
Even on ESPN first take, Skip Bayless just acted like Amare has accepted the role of being a role player for the better of the team. Its not a matter of him accepting this role, he has been forced into it by missing easy shots, getting his shot blocked and being called for offensive fouls. Its amazing how his poor play is being ignored by the media, its just something i cant believe. Its like i said in the other post, there have been so many players crucified here in New York, why not Stat? Just look at this list...some deserving, some not deserving

Stephon Marbury
Mike Dantoni
Jared Jeffries
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Chris Duhon
Zach Randolph
Carmelo Anthony
Isiah Thomas
etc.

When a player or coach isnt doing their job, knicks fans rarely hold back. But most of us Knicks fans who are filled with great pride are being brain washed by the media, the same way the illuminati brainwashes all citizens of planet earth. Just because the media is sh*ttin on Carmelo doesnt mean all of us knicks fans have to go along. And just because the media is ignoring the decline of Negative Stats, doesnt mean that we have to ignore it too. Im sick of the excuses, im disgusted with them.

If Stat turns it around then thats great, ill have no problem with him. But he's looked like hes about 35 ever since he got "tired" and burnt out last year shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i support him... on 2k :peace:

look how much of a beast he is

THIS IS THE STAT I KNEW

IDK WHAT I WAS WATCHING LAST NIGHT VS THE MAVS

If Amare ends the season playing the same way...don't be surprised if he has his contract restructured (for the sake of the team and bad P.R.). I think most fans aren't giving him the heat now because we still are winning, and...they might not want to look insinsitive to his Bro's death....idk

As for me, I recognize his weaknesses and never thought he was worth the tag or the money. simply, because he needs a pg to get him the rock in his sweet spot.. If he practice his foot work...his game will pick up on both ends. But his legs don't seem right anymore (as mostly anyone who undergoes the knife). I suspect those operatons and days upons days of balling is starting to take a toll on him...so, phuc it, pay the mofo.... he's going to need that cash....

We all know Stat came hear on a panic move, he's tall, talented and all, haha...that cash was not intended for him in the first place...but now its his, he brought some hype, he brought some game, made allstar game again, and since that game... he's been adjusting to new dudes on the team...among other things. It's all good thou, because now he's a piece to a beastly looking team. Not to mention, he also drew attention to the team for fans and players alike...

I can honestly give him a pass this year... considering the obvious,...however, next year I expect more fire and a sense of leadership from him... he'll find a comfort zone amongst the team soon enough. Give him a min, he can only hang himself if he doesn't make adjustments.