Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Official Support Amar'e Stoudemire Thread

Originally Posted by Scipio
    Just finished watching last nights game against the sixers.

Amare was amazing in that game. Scoring, rebounds, blocked shots.

Isn`t it amazing what happens when you have a coach who gets the ball to Amare close to the basket and lets him do his work as opposed to having a coach who gets him shooting 20 foot jumpers and who tries to turn him into a stretch 4.

All those people who started threads saying Amare was done and should be traded are looking rather foolish now aren`t they.

The Beast is Back and he wears goggles !
    I'll gladly eat my crow. He's turned things around.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by abcd
    Amar'e Stoudemire is still ridiculously overpaid for his production this season.

That being said, he looked as dominant as he did last year, in the game against the 76ers. That was the first time this season I saw him just destroy the opposition. He's had a few good games this year, but that was a breakout game.

That being said, I need to see more of this, before I assume he isn't past his prime.
    Who's fault is that? Allan Houston was ridiculously overpaid but that wasn't his fault. Personally, I though we should have kept David Lee and we could have made a run at Marcin Gortat. Those aren't as exciting names as Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire, but it would have saved the Knicks about 16 million per season. Let's not even talk about the Gallinari trade and how much that would have saved the Knicks.

All that said, I still like Amare. I just think D'Antoni wasn't using him properly and the 20lbs he put on probably didn't help. His strength is in the paint, not jacking up jumpers.

Superstar

Originally Posted by donchris
    Who's fault is that? Allan Houston was ridiculously overpaid but that wasn't his fault. Personally, I though we should have kept David Lee and we could have made a run at Marcin Gortat. Those aren't as exciting names as Tyson Chandler or Amare Stoudemire, but it would have saved the Knicks about 16 million per season. Let's not even talk about the Gallinari trade and how much that would have saved the Knicks.

All that said, I still like Amare. I just think D'Antoni wasn't using him properly and the 20lbs he put on probably didn't help. His strength is in the paint, not jacking up jumpers.
    I said this back in FEB, in this exact same thread.