Official Support Amar'e Stoudemire Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
:agreed:I agree with every thing you said, but he doesn't even set the picks, he just steps up and rolls.This is the reason, he doesn't get miss matches on little guys.I have tried to back off Antoni, but your right, i watch STAT just stand out there for 5 straight plays, just wandering around, what is this guy coaching.He has been with antoni his whole career, hasn't developed any kind of big mans game, what other PF, in the NBA doesn't know how to set a pick, post up, or play any kind of defense,"I WAS NEVER TAUGHT HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE".Just sad.

You're absolutely right about this. Most times he doesn't allow the pick to fully complete before he rolls. Its more like a step and move. Either way, this is something you would think Antoni would be seeing and actively correcting IN-GAME.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Tommy Beer: Per @Hoopdata, Amar’e is shooting under 24% from 3-9 feet & just 36% from 16-23 feet this season. Both #’s FAR below his career percentages

Players do experience slumps on offense. However, there is no excuse for not trying on defense. In STAT's case, he seemed to become discouraged when he could not find his rhythm on offense and in turn lost his motivation to play defense. Hopefully that's just my perception. STAT is too good of a player to let Kim's reject walk all over him.

This team won't go far without STAT returning to his old self.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Players do experience slumps on offense. However, there is no excuse for not trying on defense. In STAT's case, he seemed to become discouraged when he could not find his rhythm on offense and in turn lost his motivation to play defense. Hopefully that's just my perception. STAT is too good of a player to let Kim's reject walk all over him.

This team won't go far without STAT returning to his old self.
I'm not so sure about that. Jorts is hungry and we all know how hard those types of players want to succeed. If he puts forth more effort on defense and he's proven he will post up and even hit mid range shots then watch out STAT. $20 mil or not, you reward the best player.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I'm not so sure about that. Jorts is hungry and we all know how hard those types of players want to succeed. If he puts forth more effort on defense and he's proven he will post up and even hit mid range shots then watch out STAT. $20 mil or not, you reward the best player.

Unless we can find a taker for his contract, STAT is here to stay. Sure Jorts is hungry. There are a lot of hungry players in NBA who just want an opportunity to showcase their talents but rarely does a Jeremy Lin emerge. STAT and his 20 mil will not be replaced and displaced. We'd better pray that STAT's regression is only temporary.

clumsy

Rotation player
Someone needs to tell him to stop wearing hipster glasses and dressing like a 70 year old jewish man from Brooklyn in press conferences. This isn't the 1940's step your game up.

fender0577

Rotation player
IMO, There are few things STAT, can do to help himself out this slump.1, Stop wandering around 18-22 feet from the hoop, if you get lost out there, hang out on the Baseline, or right at the rim, your guaranteed to get a few easy ones this way.2, Cut without the ball, this would help create driving lanes, and get you a few easy ones, down low.3, Actually set a screen, this would get you mismatches, down low on guards.4, stop looking for the ball 20 from the hoop on the break, your 6-10, this is not a good idea.Now any good coach would see some of this stuff, and correct it, but it's like our coaching staff, doesn't watch game tape, to fix easy mistakes.Just my :2cents:

KingCharles34

All Star
Tommy Beer: Per @Hoopdata, Amar?e is shooting under 24% from 3-9 feet & just 36% from 16-23 feet this season. Both #?s FAR below his career percentages

During the broadcast, Clyde mentioned last night that STAT was aiming his shot. Apparently, there is a lack of confidence issue right now. Also, he is definitely lacking the hops from last year (someone mentioned a 6'10" version of Bibby?).

I refuse to believe he is done and expect him to come around in the next couple of weeks and give us a positive contribution. Enough with the hating and crying about the money he is making. He is one of us and we must root for him to turn it around!!!

*DEAD* :lol:

Amare for Gasol?

What about an Amare for Pau swap? Pau would fit much better with Lin and Melo because he's like Tyson where he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands to get off offensively and he doen't slow down the offense like Amare does when he holds the ball for like 12 seconds nand just stares at the hoop.

KingCharles34

All Star
I consider Pau to be on the decline like Amare, Bosh, and Boozer. Whats with all these power forwards around 30 years old falling off early?

Garnett and Duncan are still >>> then the 4 Power forwards mentioned above

nyk_nyk

All Star
I consider Pau to be on the decline like Amare, Bosh, and Boozer. Whats with all these power forwards around 30 years old falling off early?

Garnett and Duncan are still >>> then the 4 Power forwards mentioned above

KG and Duncan are clearly on the decline but Bosh, Boozer and Pau are showing no signs of decline. Remember, Bosh is playing with 2 superstars so he isn't required to do much scoring on a consistent basis.

I'd do a Pau for Amare trade yesterday.

quiggle

Starter
its pretty intriguing how he tries to invoke superstar status like CP3 and LeBron but sticking out his mouth piece and twirling it around after every stoppage of play.

KingCharles34

All Star
Your right about Bosh but at the same time he never played much defense. Duncan still plays some defense and KG sh*ts on all those guys defensively.

Pau's shooting under 50% for the first time since the 02-03 season, he hasnt been the same since the playoffs last year. His 16.6ppg is the lowest of his career, I think hes definitely on the decline.

Boozers clearly on the decline too. Sadly Bosh is better then Stat, Boozer, and even Gasol now. smh

Id say Stat or Boozers the worst out of all them, thats really a coin toss. Two of the most pathetic defenders I've seen in my life

smokes

Huge Member
Your right about Bosh but at the same time he never played much defense. Duncan still plays some defense and KG sh*ts on all those guys defensively.

Pau's shooting under 50% for the first time since the 02-03 season, he hasnt been the same since the playoffs last year. His 16.6ppg is the lowest of his career, I think hes definitely on the decline.

Boozers clearly on the decline too. Sadly Bosh is better then Stat, Boozer, and even Gasol now. smh

Id say Stat or Boozers the worst out of all them, thats really a coin toss. Two of the most pathetic defenders I've seen in my life

Gasol has been in trade scenarios since day 1 of the season though. First it was the CP3 trades then the D12 trades now he is in some other talks I don't remember.

Can't be helping his game.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Call it either bullshit or a long time Knick fan's intuition if you will, but I foresee STAT's reemergence being on its way very soon.

Baseless and potentially fruitless as it is, I have an eery feeling that SHAT will be STAT again very soon.

Once that shot comes back to him - which I believe/prognosticate it will very soon - STAT's back in the limelight for this squad.

I don't know why, but quote me on this one.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Stat didnt play bad against the celtics. Of course his defense sucked but what else is new. His offense is alot better in the celtics game then in past games and he actually rebounded. I know alot of people have been saying this but give it time. He'll get there

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;214899 said:
Call it either bullshit or a long time Knick fan's intuition if you will, but I foresee STAT's reemergence being on its way very soon.

Baseless and potentially fruitless as it is, I have an eery feeling that SHAT will be STAT again very soon.

Once that shot comes back to him - which I believe/prognosticate it will very soon - STAT's back in the limelight for this squad.

@Crazy You might be right just read this on my phone, looks like some good news: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks looks like he lost the 20 pounds he gained.

KingCharles34

All Star
Gasol has been in trade scenarios since day 1 of the season though. First it was the CP3 trades then the D12 trades now he is in some other talks I don't remember.

Can't be helping his game.
True but he for some reason he fell off in the playoffs last year before the trade rumors, and hasnt been the same since. He was horrible in the 2 rounds that the Lakers were in the playoffs. He played terrible against the Hornets and against the Mavs

Crazy⑧s;214899 said:

Aside from Quiggle, I've probably been the hardest on Stat...but even I havent ruled out a comeback from him. Its possible, I wouldnt bet on it but who knows. Maybe we'll still see the Stat from last year, but unless he carries us deep into the 3rd round ill be extremely disappointed with how hes taken off most of this season while being paid close to 20 million this year.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
More so than anything, he needs to get acclimated to playing next to a center who occupies space in the low block.

STAT's loss of explosiveness seems to be masking the fact that we've seen this before. When Phoenix got Shaq it immediately started failing. Conventional wisdom said "Shaq in the low post, STAT operating in the high post" Instead, it was: Amar'e operating in the high post, utilizes his athleticism to make his way to the rim, Shaq and his man clogging the paint, play over, thank you, we hope you enjoyed your stay, see you next time.

It's kind of the same thing with Tyson now, except it looks like STAT has lost a step as well.

So the "STAT from last year" is a 6'10'' - 6'11'' athletic big, operating 18 feet and down, with the floor spaced, and playing as a center.

How do we recreate the situation where Amar'e had all sorts of advantages playing center....when he's not playing center? Even when he gets some of his explosiveness back, if he gets it back, I'm realistically only expecting to see signs of last year's Amar'e when Tyson is on the bench....like in the Boston game. When Tyson is on the floor, STAT is a jump shooter and a free throw shooter who rarely gets any and-1s, but has WAY more charging fouls against him.

His problem is two fold. Loss of explosiveness, and a center who's not standing 20+ feet away from the rim.

nyk_nyk

All Star
@Crazy You might be right just read this on my phone, looks like some good news: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks looks like he lost the 20 pounds he gained.

Who loses 20 lbs that fast??? That's BS.

It was only last week that he was questioning the added weight and now all of a sudden he's lost all that weight?

Give me an official weigh in and then i'll believe it. Also, does it even really matter? Weighing more doesn't affect your effort. STAT supposedly has close to zero body fat so weight is no excuse for his poor play. Boris Diaw is mini EC and his shot is just fine...against Amarknee lol.