Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Fields...

Default Keep Fields...

And to a lesser extent, Douglas and Walker.

Regardless of rotation or coach we are gonna need guys like this down the road. You gotta have some injury cover it's rare that teams go all the way through the playoffs without at least a few small knocks and missed games.

Fields is a solid all round player he's successfully defended Kobe Bryant and put up good numbers this year. I still think he should be our starting 2 with Smith off the bench as we need scoring in our 2nd unit. He can grab a few minutes behind Melo/Novak too there should be enough minutes to go around for Smith, Fields and Shumpert if we play them situationally and adjust depending on who is performing on any given night.

Douglas and Walker can play garbage time all season for all I care. But they both have the potential to go off if the stars align, both can light it up from 3 and both can defend well., the key attributes of a bench threat. They could come in really useful during a deep playoff run.

Unless we can trade them for a pick (doubtful) or a serviceable PG (doubtful) there's really no need to trade them. At least they have chemistry with our guys which can be important.

Originally Posted by smokes
    And to a lesser extent, Douglas and Walker.

Regardless of rotation or coach we are gonna need guys like this down the road. You gotta have some injury cover it's rare that teams go all the way through the playoffs without at least a few small knocks and missed games.

Fields is a solid all round player he's successfully defended Kobe Bryant and put up good numbers this year. I still think he should be our starting 2 with Smith off the bench as we need scoring in our 2nd unit. He can grab a few minutes behind Melo/Novak too there should be enough minutes to go around for Smith, Fields and Shumpert if we play them situationally and adjust depending on who is performing on any given night.

Douglas and Walker can play garbage time all season for all I care. But they both have the potential to go off if the stars align, both can light it up from 3 and both can defend well., the key attributes of a bench threat. They could come in really useful during a deep playoff run.

Unless we can trade them for a pick (doubtful) or a serviceable PG (doubtful) there's really no need to trade them. At least they have chemistry with our guys which can be important.
    Fields has been epic since Lin returned.

He needs a better defensive game to be a fully effective starter, but at just over $700,000, the production we get out of this guy is beyond value for money.

I hope we have a full second unit that is led by Fields and Shump as their games grow.

Baron
    Shump
    Landry
    Jefferies
    Jorts

15-20 minutes of high octane output from all. Less so Jorts who is a cumbersome lump.

JR starting ???? He is the perfect scoring threat off the bench. The nuggets have used him that way for 2 years.

Jr need to come off the bench,

Reasons:
    there are enough offense in the starting line-up
    Landry is like a point forward in the starting line up

Superstar

Yes.... keep JR on the bench. Depending on how hot he is, D'Antoni can decide whether or not to keep him in the game 4th quarters.

yes keep fields, but in the near future i would like to see him coming off the bench as Melo's back up. Fields is a servicable 6th or 7th man off the bench i dont really see him that good of a starter at sg at least not for this team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    yes keep fields, but in the near future i would like to see him coming off the bench as Melo's back up. Fields is a servicable 6th or 7th man off the bench i dont really see him that good of a starter at sg at least not for this team.

Fields is a starter when u have scorers like SF-Melo & PF-Stat as starters.
    Fields is a KEEPER

Fields is the man. Don't know why anyone would want to trade him. I like him in the starting line-up.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Fields is the man. Don't know why anyone would want to trade him. I like him in the starting line-up.
    We definitely need to keep him, he's a decent player, great teammate and great person (from what I noticed in the media).

Whether as a starter or off the bench, I don't really care, the coaches can judge that, but we definitely should keep him!

I was very hard on him after the playoffs last year and early in the season this year, but it was a mistake and I went over the top.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    We definitely need to keep him, he's a decent player, great teammate and great person (from what I noticed in the media).

Whether as a starter or off the bench, I don't really care, the coaches can judge that, but we definitely should keep him!

I was very hard on him after the playoffs last year and early in the season this year, but it was a mistake and I went over the top.
    Almost all rookies slump pretty hard at some point. Fields was a pretty bad one but it was clear he was gonna come through at some point, because his strengths are fundamentals, things you can't just lose.

Given the first half of the Hawks game this thread deserves a bump!

Originally Posted by smokes

Given the first half of the Hawks game this thread deserves a bump!
    Oh yes. Oh yes it does!

Fields these past weeks ..always starts out great! .. now about the other half of the game.. he has to work on finishing the game

Superstar

We probably aren't going to be able to. With Melo and Amar'es contract we can't offer him anything. Other teams will probably be interested.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    We probably aren't going to be able to. With Melo and Amar'es contract we can't offer him anything. Other teams will probably be interested.
    Melo, Chandler and STAT should all re-work their contracts to keep the best team we've had in 12 years together

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I rather Smith start...hes our best shooter...Fields can be more of a natural SF off the bench.