Keep Fields...

smokes

Huge Member
I don't think Melo and Amar'e can, I think only contracts signed after the new CBA can be restructured... I think.

And Chandler deserves what he is making. Melo and Amar'e both make way too much based on what their contributions to this team are and will most likely be from here on out. They are both getting payed 30pts a game type salaries which will not happen anymore really. I think they can both rebound and become very very effective players and really take us to the next level. But at the end of the season, I think we might have to choose which one we are going to keep, we might have to trade one of them just to get their salaries off the books because most likely, Fields, JR Smith, Novak, Davis if he gets healthy and plays well and shumpert after next season will all be gone because we won't be able to give them any real offers.. And we won't be able to bring anyone else in because we will HAVE to use the MLE on Lin in order to keep him

We are really in cap hell right now even though it may not seem like it. It is practically a Miracle at what Glen Grunwald did with this team considering we had no room and no money. I don't think he will be able to do it again though.

I really want to keep both Melo and Amar'e, but I don't want to at the cost of those guys and not be able to bring in any new quality players in the foreesable future.

As far as I'm aware we can sign Lin and Fields both, and JR Smith has a player option which if he accepts will keep him here another year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Annoyingly, Fields is outdoing both Melo and Amar'e in fantasy league.

Better stats and FG% than both in the last 2 games.

That's just silly.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Smith is a good defender and passer...better than Fields IMO. Plus we need shooting.

Melo is shooting terrible this year, so is Fields. Lin is the best shooter out of the starting five and he's a streaky shooter.

Knicks are 2nd to dead last in the NBA in 3pt % I believe correct me if I'm wrong.

So I disagree, I don't think we have enough offense...our offense would be PERFECT with Smith starting and bombing open 3's, taking pressure off of Melo and STAT.

Fields would work better off the bench

Baron
Iman
Landry
Steve/Jorts
Jefferies

Thats a STRONG bench. Everyone is at their position.
I dunno, our great play as of late was because of attacking more. The only player I want taking a few/a lot of threes is Novak.

Also, Baron and Smith seem like they have a little chemistry going on. Even if it's just dunks, it could get Baron going sooner than later.

petescud

Starter
I disagree on both counts. Novak is fine chucking up 3's, i believe he is around 42%

and Baron Davis is playing summer ball on the court with our guys. The dude hasn't played in like a year and a half. He'll start getting better in a few weeks. Did you see his shots. Several air balls and bricks. He's usually a decent shooter. I say give BD some time and he'll be fine

I dunno, our great play as of late was because of attacking more. The only player I want taking a few/a lot of threes is Novak.

Also, Baron and Smith seem like they have a little chemistry going on. Even if it's just dunks, it could get Baron going sooner than later.

Eman

Benchwarmer
Landry is probably the third best rebounder on our team (behind Chandler and, umm, Anthony or Jeffries on a given night). Keep him. We need the talented youth.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Video Sucks....

yes keep fields, but in the near future i would like to see him coming off the bench as Melo's back up. Fields is a servicable 6th or 7th man off the bench i dont really see him that good of a starter at sg at least not for this team.

REALLY SUCKS...what's the freakin purpose of that crap on this site....nevermind.