Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Keep Fields...

  1. #16
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    he is a rfa and the knicks owner is a spending mofo. the question will be will he stay playing well or turn into a Walton like player.

  2. #17
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I rather Smith start...hes our best shooter...Fields can be more of a natural SF off the bench.
    Don't you think we have enough offense in the starting 5 to allow Smith to the 6th man role where he can be truly dangerous? Our 2nd unit without Smith is not that great offensively, with Smith, it's potent.

  3. #18
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Don't you think we have enough offense in the starting 5 to allow Smith to the 6th man role where he can be truly dangerous? Our 2nd unit without Smith is not that great offensively, with Smith, it's potent.
    Smith is a good defender and passer...better than Fields IMO. Plus we need shooting.

    Melo is shooting terrible this year, so is Fields. Lin is the best shooter out of the starting five and he's a streaky shooter.

    Knicks are 2nd to dead last in the NBA in 3pt % I believe correct me if I'm wrong.

    So I disagree, I don't think we have enough offense...our offense would be PERFECT with Smith starting and bombing open 3's, taking pressure off of Melo and STAT.

    Fields would work better off the bench

    Baron
    Iman
    Landry
    Steve/Jorts
    Jefferies

    Thats a STRONG bench. Everyone is at their position.

  4. #19
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Keep him

    keep and start him. JR may be a better scorer, but he makes the second unit real.our second unit could be better then some Bad teams starters.

    B.Davis
    Jr smith
    Shump
    novak/Jefferies/Jorts

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo, Chandler and STAT should all re-work their contracts to keep the best team we've had in 12 years together
    I don't think Melo and Amar'e can, I think only contracts signed after the new CBA can be restructured... I think.

    And Chandler deserves what he is making. Melo and Amar'e both make way too much based on what their contributions to this team are and will most likely be from here on out. They are both getting payed 30pts a game type salaries which will not happen anymore really. I think they can both rebound and become very very effective players and really take us to the next level. But at the end of the season, I think we might have to choose which one we are going to keep, we might have to trade one of them just to get their salaries off the books because most likely, Fields, JR Smith, Novak, Davis if he gets healthy and plays well and shumpert after next season will all be gone because we won't be able to give them any real offers.. And we won't be able to bring anyone else in because we will HAVE to use the MLE on Lin in order to keep him

    We are really in cap hell right now even though it may not seem like it. It is practically a Miracle at what Glen Grunwald did with this team considering we had no room and no money. I don't think he will be able to do it again though.

    I really want to keep both Melo and Amar'e, but I don't want to at the cost of those guys and not be able to bring in any new quality players in the foreesable future.

  6. #21
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I don't think Melo and Amar'e can, I think only contracts signed after the new CBA can be restructured... I think.

    And Chandler deserves what he is making. Melo and Amar'e both make way too much based on what their contributions to this team are and will most likely be from here on out. They are both getting payed 30pts a game type salaries which will not happen anymore really. I think they can both rebound and become very very effective players and really take us to the next level. But at the end of the season, I think we might have to choose which one we are going to keep, we might have to trade one of them just to get their salaries off the books because most likely, Fields, JR Smith, Novak, Davis if he gets healthy and plays well and shumpert after next season will all be gone because we won't be able to give them any real offers.. And we won't be able to bring anyone else in because we will HAVE to use the MLE on Lin in order to keep him

    We are really in cap hell right now even though it may not seem like it. It is practically a Miracle at what Glen Grunwald did with this team considering we had no room and no money. I don't think he will be able to do it again though.

    I really want to keep both Melo and Amar'e, but I don't want to at the cost of those guys and not be able to bring in any new quality players in the foreesable future.
    As far as I'm aware we can sign Lin and Fields both, and JR Smith has a player option which if he accepts will keep him here another year.

  7. #22
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,485
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Annoyingly, Fields is outdoing both Melo and Amar'e in fantasy league.

    Better stats and FG% than both in the last 2 games.

    That's just silly.

  8. #23
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,992
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Smith is a good defender and passer...better than Fields IMO. Plus we need shooting.

    Melo is shooting terrible this year, so is Fields. Lin is the best shooter out of the starting five and he's a streaky shooter.

    Knicks are 2nd to dead last in the NBA in 3pt % I believe correct me if I'm wrong.

    So I disagree, I don't think we have enough offense...our offense would be PERFECT with Smith starting and bombing open 3's, taking pressure off of Melo and STAT.

    Fields would work better off the bench

    Baron
    Iman
    Landry
    Steve/Jorts
    Jefferies

    Thats a STRONG bench. Everyone is at their position.
    I dunno, our great play as of late was because of attacking more. The only player I want taking a few/a lot of threes is Novak.

    Also, Baron and Smith seem like they have a little chemistry going on. Even if it's just dunks, it could get Baron going sooner than later.

  9. #24
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I disagree on both counts. Novak is fine chucking up 3's, i believe he is around 42%

    and Baron Davis is playing summer ball on the court with our guys. The dude hasn't played in like a year and a half. He'll start getting better in a few weeks. Did you see his shots. Several air balls and bricks. He's usually a decent shooter. I say give BD some time and he'll be fine



    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I dunno, our great play as of late was because of attacking more. The only player I want taking a few/a lot of threes is Novak.

    Also, Baron and Smith seem like they have a little chemistry going on. Even if it's just dunks, it could get Baron going sooner than later.

  10. #25
    Member Eman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Landry is probably the third best rebounder on our team (behind Chandler and, umm, Anthony or Jeffries on a given night). Keep him. We need the talented youth.

  11. #26
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Keep. The guy is improving each year. I for one still think hes been around a lot longer than just 2 years!

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smithtown
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Video Sucks....

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    yes keep fields, but in the near future i would like to see him coming off the bench as Melo's back up. Fields is a servicable 6th or 7th man off the bench i dont really see him that good of a starter at sg at least not for this team.
    REALLY SUCKS...what's the freakin purpose of that crap on this site....nevermind.

Similar Threads

  1. Hanging In The Balance: Fields' Resurgence
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 19:25
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2011, 09:13
  3. Diminished Playoff Role Frustrates Fields
    By goldenchild1688 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2011, 15:43
  4. Landry Fields may be likely Center Piece of Trade
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 13:07
  5. Knicks @ Houston Wed Jan 19
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2011, 15:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •