View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

10 50.00%

2 10.00%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

Hybrid View

Game Thread Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

Sorry, folks. This one is way early, but it gets done when it gets done. Please focus on the prior game thread VS Atlanta by Dzwonsson before posting in here.

GT OST - Mastadon: I just bum it too much. Press play NOW!

Defeating The Heat: Prone To Zone

Spoelstra's new offense creates tremendous movement and is absolutely perfect for his personnel. It gets Wade, LeBron and Bosh open in their best spots and more importantly going at the rim where all three are tremendously lethal. It plays to their great baskeball IQ and allows the Heat to run wild in a spread out defense where they can beat every matchup through greatly timed cuts and wonderful movement.

This is one of the better offensive concepts that I have seen in the past few years (second to Phil Jackson's Triangle). This "spread" offense works very well when the defense they are facing is in man, LeBron, Bosh and Wade all must be respected both inside and in the perimeter game. The zone defense allows players to remain more or less in position, their teammates can play proper help defense and contest mid-range jumpers, and collapse to defend the rim.

Which one of you enjoys an ass filling the most?

The zone takes away all the space created by spreading the floor and so grinds the Heat's "spread" to a halt. The ability to play this zone against Spoelstra's personnel is all predicated, as far as I have seen, on the defending team having a solid defender at the rim (I haven't personally seen the Heat play another zone without a premier shot blocker in their midst)

Get on the boards, Amar'e!

Miami out-rebound opponents on a nightly basis. Stoudemire's glass cleaning will be put under the microscope. Will he answer the call and outplay his opponents where the game's balance teeters?

Offensive Key To A Win

● Establishing a post threat through either STAT &/or Melo
    ● Getting open looks for Novak and JR as the second unit emerges
    ● Moving off the ball by Anthony
    ● Only allowing 1 shot as seen in the Dallas game
    ● Utilise Chandler's excellent timing and catching against the Heat's smaller centers.

Crazy⑧s Big Fat Fact

Melo and Lin combine for a usage rate of over 60%. If Stoudemire wants touches, he's going to have to get them off the glass.

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight

LeFlume

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I know it hurts to lose to the Nets but dude you gotta move on. Don't let this crap eat you up. We have Hawks and Heat coming up. Let's focus on that. Life's ahead of us. Not behind us...

I've been highlighting some of the more passionate game thread enthusiasts lately, and LeFlume is amidst that esteemed group of O&B bleeders.

LeFlume: linguistic aesthetic is high there. Is that French? If I had to guess what it meant, I'd go with DESTROYER OF HEIMEN.

Plutonic Man L💓VE

Between the unique pregame handshake between Landry Fields and Jeremy Lin to Fields allowing Lin to crash on his couch the night before Linsanity began almost two weeks ago against the Nets, the off-court friendship between the new Knicks backcourt is an obvious one.
    But as the two have begun to play together on the court, that relationship is starting to pay dividends on the court:

“I think having that friendship off the court is really showing on the court,” Fields said after the Knicks won their seventh straight game Wednesday night, a 100-85 laugher at the Garden over the Sacramento Kings. “The chemistry is there, and I’m just really thankful for that.”

With Lin playing alongside him, Fields has looked like a totally different player recently, envoking images of the player that surprised nearly everyone last season when he became the Knicks’ starting shooting guard after he was an unheralded second round pick out of Stanford.
    But the chemistry between Lin and Fields on the court is obvious. Fields was on the receiving end of two Lin lobs for easy alley-oop dunks in Wednesday’s win, and exploited Sacramento’s defense for an easy backdoor layup, as well.

“We talk a lot out there,” Fields said. “If I see something, I’ll tell him, and vice versa.When that happens, we usually capitalize on it.”

For all of the plaudits that Lin has received for running the pick-and-roll, D’Antoni also praised Fields’ ability to run the staple of D’Antoni’s up-tempo offense, as well.
    “The biggest surprise, and the most improved, is Landry Fields and how he runs the pick-and-roll now,” D’Antoni said. “He had five assists tonight, seven last night, something like that. Now we’ve got a couple [of] guys, and that should be easy money for Tyson [Chandler] and Amar’e [Stoudemire].”

Fields’ improved play has earned plaudits from his teammates, as well.
    “I absolutely love what I’m seeing from Landry,” said Chandler. “Tonight he was hitting the glass, making hard cuts defensively … he’s all over the place.”

At some point, even after the brilliance of Linsanity over the past two weeks, Lin and the Knicks will hit a rough patch. Chandler said having a friend to help you through those times in a long and often grueling NBA season — particularly this year, due to the lockout-shortened season and truncated schedule — can pay dividends.

“I think, just the comfort, having somebody that you’re really close with, [helps],” Chandler said. “The NBA is a long season, and those times you feel down and all of that stuff, they’re good for each other.”

The Starting

STAT

The one man bukkake hose.

MELO

Was raised on the blood of wolverines.

Laundry Folds

Can't say the word boob without blushing.

Cunning Lingus

It's said that in Hong Kong they sacrifice a virgin before every Knicks game. That is extreme.

The Man Handler

The man is just ****ing cool. There is nothing else to say.

Crazys Knick on UAV

S.T.A.T

The inconsistency, the flashes of brilliance, the on and off focus on either end, the lack of desire. What will we get out of this cat in this, one of the biggest games of the season?

We need his best output against Bosh.

Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Feb 21, 2012 at 20:19.

Nice - I assume you made this thread so early is because you are as excited as I am about this one...

Let's go Knicks!

I assume he's going abroad for some business reason or he's busy with more personal stuff (baby already born?).

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I assume he's going abroad for some business reason or he's busy with more personal stuff (baby already born?).
    Almost there, my friend. China again for work. Lame.

Sorry to have jumped your Hawks thread.

NP, work is work, can't do anything about it... once I did some EVS work in Italy for almost a month, know how it works. BTW, have you been in China since the Linsanity exploded?

Nice Work Crazy, I like the idea of getting this game thread up early. It could set Knicksonline records for most views and most posts in a game thread. Im happy to have my post on the 1st page, We about to make History

I think we'll blow Miami out, the same way Pat Riley had lebron and Bosh blow him out, which he used to blackmail them with, to get them in Miami taking a note out of Puff Daddys book

Just added the 'poster in the spotlight' section to the thread. Sorry I forgot, LeFlume!

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight

LeFlume

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I know it hurts to lose to the Nets but dude you gotta move on. Don't let this crap eat you up. We have Hawks and Heat coming up. Let's focus on that. Life's ahead of us. Not behind us...

I've been highlighting some of the more passionate game thread enthusiasts lately, and LeFlume is amidst that esteemed group of O&B bleeders.

LeFlume: linguistic aesthetic is high there. Is that French? If I had to guess what it meant, I'd go with DESTROYER OF HEIMEN.

In the past Melo has been able to almost cancel out Lebron head to head excluding assists. But hes far outta rhythm right now, hopefully he can get something going against the Hawks that can carry over to the Heat game. I think Lin will play well, nobodies really been able to stop him.

Chandlers gonna have to stay outta foul trouble and have a big impact in the paint for us to get this win, we all know hes capable of it. If Stat can cancel out Bosh, ill be happy with that. Im crossing my fingers that Shump will be back, no way we win this game without his defense. I think hes the best defender on the team and one of the best 2guards defensively already. A better version of Tony Allen in the making

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    In the past Melo has been able to almost cancel out Lebron head to head excluding assists. But hes far outta rhythm right now, hopefully he can get something going against the Hawks that can carry over to the Heat game. I think Lin will play well, nobodies really been able to stop him.

Chandlers gonna have to stay outta foul trouble and have a big impact in the paint for us to get this win, we all know hes capable of it. If Stat can cancel out Bosh, ill be happy with that. Im crossing my fingers that Shump will be back, no way we win this game without his defense. I think hes the best defender on the team and one of the best 2guards defensively already. A better version of Tony Allen in the making
    Unfortunately Shumpert is out for the rest of the week

Originally Posted by c0leworld
    Unfortunately Shumpert is out for the rest of the week
    Damn. I really wanted to see Shumpert guarding Wade. If Shumpert was playing last game there's no way D-Will would have lit us up the way he did. Hopefully he can still compete in the dunk contest.

Beat The Heat. LeFlume is ready for LeBron. Bring It LeBitch.

Veteran

This is the GAME.....where we seperate the men from the boys.

Melo is not a point-foward....however, Melo is the best scorer in this game if
    he just catch n shoot. Chandler & Stat has to start setting screens & picks
    for Melo & JR to get some open shots.

Stat is not a peremeter shooter....Stat is an above the rim lane-cutter, put
    back, alleyoop, plus a strong rebounder.

Tyson Chandler is not suppose to be trapping guards on the peremeter on
    the defensive-end....that is Lin, Fields, Stat, and Melo's job, while Tyson
    protect the paint.

This game thread is getting me giddy for the Heat. Great job as always Crazy8s

Melo vs LeBron 2011-2012 Part 1
    Amar'e vs Bosh Pillow Fight 2K12

I have a gut feeling we win this game because of TC. Heat seems to struggle against teams with a dominant center.

i made a 20 dollar bet with my bro saying that the knicks will beat the heat... im feeling really confident we will win

Jumping the Hawks thread is a bad omen.. Means were gonna look past them getting ready for the Heat and lose.. Smh Crazy8