One of the greatest NBA coaches ever, Pat Riley, and two of the best players in the game today, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, still couldn’t convince Baron Davis to sign with the Heat last December.

Davis already knew where he wanted to sign for the veteran’s minimum: the New York Knicks.

“I spoke to Pat Riley. D-Wade, LeBron, they texted me and asked me what was up,” Davis said. “But I pretty much knew I wanted to come here and play in the Garden and play in front of these fans and play for this organization. I always wanted to play here, so this was really like my first choice.”

James Plans on Guarding Jeremy Lin
February 23, 2012
Thursday could be the ultimate test for Jeremy Lin. Not because his Knicks will be taking on Miami Heat. But individually, because LeBron James, one of the best on-ball defenders in the game, says he’ll likely guard Lin some.

“I know I’m going to end up guarding Lin at some point,” LeBron told reporters Wednesday.

LeBron, as I’m sure you recall, switched to guard Derrick Rose for lage parts of the Eastern Conference Finals and essentially locked down the MVP. And while Jeremy Lin has had quite the start to his time in New York, he’s not Derrick Rose.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]