View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

10 50.00%

2 10.00%

0 0%
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789102434 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

Default Fuel to the Flames

One of the greatest NBA coaches ever, Pat Riley, and two of the best players in the game today, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, still couldn’t convince Baron Davis to sign with the Heat last December.

Davis already knew where he wanted to sign for the veteran’s minimum: the New York Knicks.

“I spoke to Pat Riley. D-Wade, LeBron, they texted me and asked me what was up,” Davis said. “But I pretty much knew I wanted to come here and play in the Garden and play in front of these fans and play for this organization. I always wanted to play here, so this was really like my first choice.”

James Plans on Guarding Jeremy Lin
    February 23, 2012
    Thursday could be the ultimate test for Jeremy Lin. Not because his Knicks will be taking on Miami Heat. But individually, because LeBron James, one of the best on-ball defenders in the game, says he’ll likely guard Lin some.

“I know I’m going to end up guarding Lin at some point,” LeBron told reporters Wednesday.

LeBron, as I’m sure you recall, switched to guard Derrick Rose for lage parts of the Eastern Conference Finals and essentially locked down the MVP. And while Jeremy Lin has had quite the start to his time in New York, he’s not Derrick Rose.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Real Talk....

On Sunday 19th the Knicks start a 4 games in 5 days schedule (3 at home, 1 away in Miami).

Dallas...L
    Nets...W
    Hawks...L
    Miami...L
    A victory tonight will be amazing and seeing you go 0 for 4 just makes it even better

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hey Crazy, can you add a "0" option to your poll so I can gets me some green? Cheers bro
    Word. Hey LOCOOCHOS can you change the poll since Shump isn't playing? I need some more green.

Default come on!!!!!!!

come on!!!!!!!

Beyond psyched for this game. My Lin shirt should finally come in the mail today, hopefully it's a sign of good luck.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!! GO NY GO NY GO

Beat this trash called 'Miami Heat'

JS3 - nice! i always love going back and revisiting that rivalry. Those battles were a driving force for getting me into basketball as a 10-15 year old kid. I remember JVG being on Alonzo's leg, Booing Pat Reily, i remember the running jumper, all the battles between ewing and alonzo. man just some great basketball there. Quality ball. It's too bad about the brawls that happened. I think if those hadn't happened the knicks would have gone on to win a chip.

I'm excited for Knicks/Heat basketball again. This is gonna be HUGE.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Love how these guys are playing, but this pic looks really gay LOL

Miami rivalry - Pacers rivalry - Bulls rivalry - Nets (city) rivalry - Celtics rivalry

Everybody hates us - but we don't care!

Default Keys to Success Against The cHeat

another fantastic and important game thread from the porkiest pirate of them all! congrats on your all-Knick fantasy team tonight. too bad you're playing against a dead man, could have been interesting...

Duh-Wade and el BJ are two of the best, smartest players in the league, offensively AND defensively, and know how to play transition O and D.

KEY: The Knicks ability to play transition defense, in order to prevent easy buckets.

Lin will need to pass first, drive second, because if LeBone is guarding him, could spell danger. can Miami defend the P&R with all of our starters taking part in this basic play? can Jeremy speak volumes with his court vision?

Key: Girafferies vs Boosh. Offensive rebounds. ya gotta give it up to Jafferie Jefferies recent performances, his contributions will be needed.

Key: Melo in the flow. no holding the ball. no driving into triple teams.

Key: Stevie Novak and Junior Swish's ability to hit the 3 consistently. Last game vs Miami, Knicks pretty much were ALL about the 3's, and gave up any other game plan (they called it Macaroni), which fell apart in the 4Q, predictably.

This is a new team, with a quality bench. When LeBong and LeRaptor and WyaneyWade are sitting, the Knicks are going to have to strive hard and push the ball. Baron von Davis, we need you to shine...

I smell a win.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

No other team in the league I hate more than the Celtics, but Heat are a close 2nd.

Most vital game of the season, will determine who we are as a squad.

Doubt Lebron's gonna really guard Lin. The main rivalry here is Carmelo vs Lebron. Carmelo always brings it against Lebron and if he's playing Lin, who's gonna handle Melo? Exactly.

I also love how all Heat fans think Lin is going to be completely shut down this game. I don't see that happening. Lin did it before and he'll do it again.

If the Knicks compete this game, I'm talking down to the last possession, then I consider it a win. But it'll be that much sweeter to get that .500+ against the best team in the league.

Originally Posted by JS3

come on!!!!!!!
    IMO you can't compare Van Gundy's bad boys to Dante's primma donnas... Carmelo'd slap LeBron right in his face and then run away or lay on the ground pretending dead. Amare'd avoid the fight to not damage his celebrity image... Well, maybe Tyson and Baron would spread some punches.

Veteran

Melo's team record against Lebron 9-4. Last head to head was on Feb. 27 2011 NYK 91 Miami 86. Melo brings it against Lebron, he will do well against Miami esp if Spoelstra tries that sh*t guarding Lin with Lebron.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Feb 23, 2012 at 15:07.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hey Crazy, can you add a "0" option to your poll so I can gets me some green? Cheers bro
    I tried to green you for the 'Keep Fields' thread, but it said I'd already splurted too much love on you. After I've shared my seed around the dudes on the forum, I'll get straight back on to ramming you with rep. No homo, though.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Word. Hey LOCOOCHOS can you change the poll since Shump isn't playing? I need some more green.
    Nope. Bummer. RunningJumper had a try, but no good.