View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

10 50.00%

2 10.00%

0 0%
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 152539404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Please quote me where I said his ISO'ing killed us... You can't. Don't put words in other people's mouths.

Whether it's Lin, Melo, STAT, whoever. We should not be playing one-on-one for an entire half.

When the D is full on lockdown last 3 minutes of a playoff game, Melo can ISO to his hearts content. Other than that he should play within the offense. Again, Melo, Lin, STAT I don't care who it is.

The point I'm trying to make is all these Melo lovers saying it's stupid that he's trying to make the right play instead of just holding the ball and shooting it, is just plain wrong.
    so you never ever wanna see an isolation??? just curious to know

why the hell do people(twitter) keep saying we need to blow this team up, I hate the day to day lifestyle of New York, if we won they'd say NBA Champions here we come, damn we lost regroup and move

#I HATE FAKE FANS

Originally Posted by TakMan
    The heat rely on their athleticism. Offensively they are very one dimensional. They lack shooters (can't think of one good shooter on their team) and depend on 3 players to win them the game (as their remaining roster is sub par)

They are a great defensive team, but what Dallas realised during the finals is that if you block their access to the rim, they instantly become average on offence. Unless people really think James and Wade can get points any other way.

These hyped up players do not have the brains to win trophies. They take advantage of open court play due to sketchy defence. They were denied this in the finals and demonstrated just how one dimensional they really are.

Had this Knicks team been assembled at the same time as the Heat were, we would be on top of them.

Again just in case you missed it. The Knicks have a better roster than the heat.
    umm? The Heat are #1 in Offensive Efficiency and Half-Court Offense and they have a number of great spot up shooters:Battier,Chalmers,Jones,Miller and Cole. they are one of the best teams threw 34 games in NBA history.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Novak was 4 of 5 from 3... Not sure why he wasnt there in the final stretch

Veteran

Originally Posted by TakMan
    The heat rely on their athleticism. Offensively they are very one dimensional. They lack shooters (can't think of one good shooter on their team) and depend on 3 players to win them the game (as their remaining roster is sub par)

They are a great defensive team, but what Dallas realised during the finals is that if you block their access to the rim, they instantly become average on offence. Unless people really think James and Wade can get points any other way.

These hyped up players do not have the brains to win trophies. They take advantage of open court play due to sketchy defence. They were denied this in the finals and demonstrated just how one dimensional they really are.

Had this Knicks team been assembled at the same time as the Heat were, we would be on top of them.

Again just in case you missed it. The Knicks have a better roster than the heat.

its a'ight to be a die hard Knicks fan but less not play in traffic

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    1) They took Lins confidence right at the start with the strip

2) Lin didnt look comfortable all game except at the free throw line.

3) Fields plays scared against Miami

4) We needed more STAT

5) Miami struggles with the Zone. We played none.

6) We need more JR less Fields

7) BDiddy needs to get in much better shape

8) We have to contain Bosh. You cant let all 3 of the big three to get off. Bosh is the easiest to contain.
    LIN- exactly if your point guard is struggling for a good amount of time you dont sit there with your hand on your chin over there on the bench (dantoni) you make a change ASAP, baron could of easily came in and showed some control and leadership on the court. Lin could of played with the 2nd unit until he felt a bit comfortable.

Fields- i been saying since day one fields has no business being a starter at the shooting position he's way to hesitant to shoot the ball. he's a slasher dont get me wrong he's a decent role player but not starting sg caliber.

JR- should be our starting SG, him on the floor with the starters brings more floor spacing than fields being in the starting lineup.
    Baron
    Fields
    Novak
    Jorts
    Jeffries

thats more than enough fire power coming off the bench. Novak can obviously light it up. baron can get to the rim and create, Jorts can spread the floor, Fields can cut/slash what more do you need off the bench.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Novak was 4 of 5 from 3... Not sure why he wasnt there in the final stretch
    liability on D, when they played Miller/Battier its easier for him he cant defend James/Wade/Bosh

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    umm? The Heat are #1 in Offensive Efficiency and Half-Court Offense and they have a number of great spot up shooters:Battier,Chalmers,Jones,Miller and Cole. they are one of the best teams threw 34 games in NBA history.
    Hahahahahahah you can tell Takman doesn't follow basketball. Thx for this post. I was hoping someone else responded to the craziness.

Things to improve on

Lin- need better ball control and keep attacking.

Baron- need to take less shots and need to create more for others.

Novak-Get this man some more playing time and shots.

Stat-Attack the basket!! one dribble and dunk!!!! and box out and stop letting people get open shots.

D'antoni, need better adjustment of Rotation, ex when novak was hot, give him more playing time and to help stretch out the floors.

Melo-Iso at times but don't try to go one on 2 or 3. Pass it out for a better shots.

Team- stop giving teams 2nd chance opportunities

Heat wanted this game more and has a better game plans.

Originally Posted by CA7
    so you never ever wanna see an isolation??? just curious to know
    Can you actually read?!!?!? In the post you just quoted what did I say? SMH conversing with some people here is just painful. I'm out homies.

Back strong after ASG.

Almost_Famous brought up a good point, what the hell happened to Fields jumpshot? He is like a rookie DeMar DeRozan now.He used to be one of our best shooters and cant hit nothing outside of the lane to save his mother.

At least we didnt get blown out, I think when we get those practices in during the all star break its gonna prepare everybody for the 2nd half of the season. Its time to make a big run in the standings, I believe in this team. I believe they're a deep playoff team that will be a tough out for the most elite teams.

Superstar

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    You may want to check on their stats and let me know where you see the greatness in their role players:

Norris Cole:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mario Chalmers:

Mike Miller:

James Jones:

Then let me know how they compare to role players like JR Smith, Baron Davis, and Steve Novak.

The Heat are not known for their long range shooting as they are not any good at that.

EDIT: Also unsurprisingly the heat rank 3rd in FT's attempted, due to the association favouratism which we also witnessed today
    Last edited by TakMan; Feb 23, 2012 at 21:13.

This is only going to fuel the Knicks pain and hunger i have total faith in the Knicks that whatever seed we are in the playoffs we will be the biggest threat to the Heat... Im really frustrated though right now

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    At least we didnt get blown out, I think when we get those practices in during the all star break its gonna prepare everybody for the 2nd half of the season. Its time to make a big run in the standings, I believe in this team. I believe they're a deep playoff team that will be a tough out for the most elite teams.
    We may have a deep team but do you have confidence in Antoni's in game adjustments? I don't. He's mostly systematic with his substitutions.