View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    2 10.00%
  • 2

    6 30.00%
  • 3

    10 50.00%
  • 4

    2 10.00%
  • 5

    0 0%
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 182842434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 764

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

  1. #706
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    things the knicks need to work on during the so-called mini AS camp they have scheduled

    1) Zone defense. It helped for a while in the second and they're have been games lost where Zone defense could of helped. Also Zone defense can help teams with not so great man to man defenders.

    2) Back Court combinations to see what they have (baron & lin, Baron & JR, Lin & JR, Shump & Baron, etc)

    3) Both PG's need reps with the first and second team.

    4) Shump and JR need to practice perimeter Defense because it looks like they are the only two who have the speed to do it.

    5) they need to run Lin through some trap practices because it is becoming to easy for teams to force turnovers. even if his response is to jump into a defender and attempt to draw a foul he need to know what to do so teams no longer stymie his offense by trapping.

    This game isn't the end all of the season or even a playoff loss. It was a test and the the knicks didn't pass & came away knowing they need work. but they should have some time to work on it.

    Edit: also the heat are bullies they come in and try to intimidate teams. Look at the finals last year. they were embarassing the Mav's until Tyson Chandler stood up and said enough is enough and then the Mav's outplayed the heat in basketball because the intimidation factor was gone. alleyoop or baseline dunk it doesn't matter it just gets you 2 points.

    The Heat wen't in there and picked on Lin, because it was a 1 game sample that was more of a test with nothing really on the line I don't think the rest of the team keyed in on this and applied pressure back on the Heat players. Thats why Tyson was the key in the finals last year when it hit the fan he was the biggest bully out of everybody. Right now the knicks got the talent they just got to get their heads straight.
    Last edited by Wargames; Feb 24, 2012 at 00:52.

  2. #707
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    he attacked the basket got fouled a couple times, no calls, he hit a couple jumpers and played D, he also played within the team

    he wasn't great but he wasn't playing as bad as he has lately

    what game were you watching
    A game where if this play of Melo is "fine", we aren't going to be doing much as a franchise.

    I didn't attack your boy. His play speaks for itself at this point, and it's redundant to hammer him over and over when things are still in a flux.

    Just putting it out there that when we lose to MIA in a game that reasonably could have gone another way....and Melo shoots 30% on 20 shots.....****, maybe that's a major problem.

    I'm not going to say he didn't do some things well. But what is this? A 23yr old playing out a rookie contract on a fledgling playoff team?

    He wasn't great but he wasn't playing as badly as he has lately?

    Don't front and push for a trade to NYC, and help convince our franchise to make a deal to lock yo ass up, and then come here and play "fine" and need your game constantly rationalized.

    30% on 20 shots is just ****.

    Hopefully Melo gets it all together and starts rolling. But I think there's an issue where you need to hope for that, and we find ourselves still hoping.

  3. #708
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    things the knicks need to work on during the so-called mini AS camp they have scheduled

    1) Zone defense. It helped for a while in the second and they're have been games lost where Zone defense could of helped. Also Zone defense can help teams with not so great man to man defenders.

    2) Back Court combinations to see what they have (baron & lin, Baron & JR, Lin & JR, Shump & Baron, etc)

    3) Both PG's need reps with the first and second team.

    4) Shump and JR need to practice perimeter Defense because it looks like they are the only two who have the speed to do it.

    5) they need to run Lin through some trap practices because it is becoming to easy for teams to force turnovers. even if his response is to jump into a defender and attempt to draw a foul he need to know what to do so teams no longer stymie his offense by trapping.

    This game isn't the end all of the season or even a playoff loss. It was a test and the the knicks didn't pass & came away knowing they need work. but they should have some time to work on it.
    All good points.

    Hey correct me if I'm wrong, but are we not getting caught up in that senseless switching on D all the time anymore? For some reason I don't notice it as much now. Either we abandoned it or it's just less noticeable now that we've upgraded the overall talent level.

    Shump's a great defender. Can't wait to get him back.. I gotta say, Fields is a very good perimeter defender, closing out on shooters...I don't feel he gets enough credit for that part of his game. So glad Fields is playing better...He just needs to regain the confidence with his jumper....Like last night against ATL -- someone hit him with a good pass for a wide open elbow 3 and he airballed it badly...He's gotta knock those down...And there are plenty of times he springs open for a J and he's not looking to take it. Very aggressive putting it on the deck again though, which is nice to see.

  4. #709
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    A game where if this play of Melo is "fine", we aren't going to be doing much as a franchise.

    I didn't attack your boy. His play speaks for itself at this point, and it's redundant to hammer him over and over when things are still in a flux.

    Just putting it out there that when we lose to MIA in a game that reasonably could have gone another way....and Melo shoots 30% on 20 shots.....****, maybe that's a major problem.

    I'm not going to say he didn't do some things well. But what is this? A 23yr old playing out a rookie contract on a fledgling playoff team?

    He wasn't great but he wasn't playing as badly as he has lately?

    Don't front and push for a trade to NYC, and help convince our franchise to make a deal to lock yo ass up, and then come here and play "fine" and need your game constantly rationalized.

    30% on 20 shots is just ****.

    Hopefully Melo gets it all together and starts rolling. But I think there's an issue where you need to hope for that, and we find ourselves still hoping.
    Im not saying he was great and yes he missed some shots but they were good, in rhythm shots, he also attacked the basket, got fouled(no calls), he ran the floor too and was open in the corner 3 times and didn't get the ball, also under the basket and Lin took it himself and got a charge, point is he played within the system and just didn't convert every shot, its not like he went ISO every time and shot 30%, he played fine damn

  5. #710
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Bro, Melo shot like 30% on 20 shots. How is that fine?
    Don't even bother. Trust me.

  6. #711
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Everyone needs to relax. Watching the Heat was just as amazing as watching the Knicks (considering I'm a knicks fan). The heat are an AMAZING team, man. I can't say it enough. They pass the ball so quickly and almost always find the open man. This team deserves a title, not going to lie.


    But let's not overlook the Knicks here. The knicks will grow to be a top contender in the east, there is absolutely no question about it.

    Lin was not there tonight. He is the reason for our wins, the reason for our winning streak and the reason the Knicks are going to be contenders soon. Don't look at Lin as though he sucks now. The dude needed a wake up call, he got one and now he will adjust. The kid was scared out of his mind.

    This guy Lin is something else man. He's not the type of guy who will get demolished in a game and do nothing to make himself better. The Heat better watch out next time, because Lin will be coming in full force. Trust me. This kid is a fcking player and what champions are made of.

  7. #712
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Man this sucked!

    We couldn't get a damn stop. They scored on us on every posession.

    I hate losing to that trash..........watching Wade and Lebitch win makes me physically sick.

    And that SOB Chalmers.....somebody needs to do a Kermit Washington on that little ****er.

  8. #713
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by c0leworld
    Everyone needs to relax. Watching the Heat was just as amazing as watching the Knicks (considering I'm a knicks fan). The heat are an AMAZING team, man. I can't say it enough. They pass the ball so quickly and almost always find the open man. This team deserves a title, not going to lie.


    But let's not overlook the Knicks here. The knicks will grow to be a top contender in the east, there is absolutely no question about it.

    Lin was not there tonight. He is the reason for our wins, the reason for our winning streak and the reason the Knicks are going to be contenders soon. Don't look at Lin as though he sucks now. The dude needed a wake up call, he got one and now he will adjust. The kid was scared out of his mind.

    This guy Lin is something else man. He's not the type of guy who will get demolished in a game and do nothing to make himself better. The Heat better watch out next time, because Lin will be coming in full force. Trust me. This kid is a fcking player and what champions are made of.

    **** off!!!

    Hyping the Heat on a Knicks forum...shame on you man.

  9. #714
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

    Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

    Well...

    Yesterday we rebounded well and chandler was a nonefactor.

    Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

    I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

    We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

    If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

    May the best team win.

    GO Heat.

  10. #715
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

    Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

    Well...

    Yesterday we rebounded well and chandler was a nonefactor.

    Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

    I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

    We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

    If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

    May the best team win.

    GO Heat.

  11. #716
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

    Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

    Well...

    Yesterday we rebounded well and chandler was a nonefactor.

    Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

    I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

    We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

    If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

    May the best team win.

    GO Heat.

    u Lebrick dickrider... u went throught the whole process of making an account to post ****t up.. your pathetic... your team had more than a year to play together.. we just started half way thru this crazy season... watch when your team comes to the Garden

  12. #717
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by fakeknicksfan
    It's not fine. We will never see the knicks in 90's again.

  13. #718
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Lin needs a ball handling program, once he gets consistent handles he will dominate but his handles are above average at best and that doesn't cut it for an NBA starting point guard.
    I disagree about his handles being that terrible.

    Nonetheless, I must admit he is weaker with the left hand dribble and that can definitely improve. But when he is on fire, he shows off some great dribbling.

    The real problem from last night? He was too predictable and not as aggressive. Maybe tired from 4 games in 5 days, endless media sessions, a late night flight, etc. But, if we could compare what he did versus the Mavs and Lakers and his demeanor from last night, he didnt have that fire, lacked the attack pose, didnt look to crossover too much, do a spin, etc.

  14. #719
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the only thing i didnt like about last nights game is that the heat were up by double digits and Spolestra didnt put in Curry, just to brush some of the bad karma away

  15. #720
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

    Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

    Well...

    Yesterday we rebounded well and chandler was a nonefactor.

    Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

    I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

    We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

    If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

    May the best team win.

    GO Heat.
    This is for the Heat fans that are trolling the site.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    IF YOU'RE A KNICKS FAN DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK! I WARNED YOU!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: May 21, 2011, 14:14
  2. Miami @ New York 1/27/11
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 17:16
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 11:06
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  5. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2008, 00:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •