Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

• Total voters

quiggle

Starter
i petition that when the knicks play heat or other rival teams, especially playoffs that the mods close registration to block troll coming here

heatchamp45

Banned
Well well well i guess i can't have a decent conversation with the kiddies on this site because they revert to name calling....:boohoo:

What are you all 3 years old..

I come in peace and you guys start singing a defeated tune....Here is the viloin......:boohoo:

Have a nice day.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Well well well i guess i can't have a decent conversation with the kiddies on this site because they revert to name calling....:boohoo:

What are you all 3 years old..

I come in peace and you guys start singing a defeated tune....Here is the viloin......:boohoo:

Have a nice day.

wow how old are you? how pathetic is your life right now... to be honest, its just funny how you would go through the trouble of registering , just to talk about your Heat we dont care about that right now... Lin is just going to get better.. what was it his 11th game? ... youll remember Lin one day, when the rematch comes

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
no_trespassing_warning_sign_postcard-p239988694200232141z85wg_400.jpg

Heat fans GTFO!

heatchamp45

Banned
Im not saying lin is bad im just saying he done hit a brick wall when he met the heat. He is good against the bad teams but yesterday he met a championship caliver defensive team and choked.

What else can you expect from a none drafted rookie guys.

You have seen the best from lin and he is not bad im not saying he is a bad player. He is just not good enough to take over a game against the best teams in the league.

I do not know if the heat are going to win a championship this year but we will be very close.:peace:

:agreed:???????????????????

fender0577

Rotation player
Good call Pete...Just came on here quick to see if anyone was talking about D'Antoni....I thought he had a bad game too...My big thing about tonight -- WTF happened to Amar'e? Dude was practically the only one balling early on ---- I couldn't believe he sat him for such long stretches, esp. with the AS break coming up here...STAT's got the whole weekend to rest...How the F does he only log 29 mins tonight, in a game of this magnitude? I know he had his share of turnovers, but other than that, he was effective...I felt like after he had that impressive blow-by baseline dunk past Bosh (tell me that dunk didn't feel like the old Amar'e there for a sec), Mike yanked him and sat him for what felt like forever. STAT looked real good tonight, like he came ready to play -- we needed to establish him early and milk him...Wasn't even like he was in foul trouble -- dude had 2 fouls...How does he not play 40 mins tonight??? And you're right Pete -- the dude's the pits when it comes to making adjustments. In game matchup adjustments, non-existent play calling (look, I'm sure there are plays of some sort but it always feels so freelance out there, as if there's no real gameplan to get the most out of our best players and play to their strengths), calling T/Os to break up the opponent's momentum, etc.----all not nearly up to par...Lin was pretty bad tonight but make no mistake about it, coach wasn't great either.

What we can take away from this game is that despite Lin having his first real off-night, despite Melo not being great (he played hard though, shots just weren't falling), Amar'e being underutilized when he clearly came to play, and a rotten 3rd quarter (which we've seen far too often this 1st half -- that, more than anything, needs to change -- can't keep coming out flat as a pancake to open these friggin' 2nd halves), we were right there with them most of the way...They played about as good as they can play and we weren't anywhere near as good as we can be. Small silver lining I guess.

Jeremy's been outstanding...No question about it...But brother come on now, gotta take better care of the ball than that..YIKES! Hopefully he'll learn from it and improve...Feel bad even saying anything -- I probably should just shut my mouth -- the man's been that good and I appreciate everything he's done for us...He's single-handedly turned this franchise around and made us relevant again. Mad respect and appreciation, don't get me wrong...This is how I look at his TOs though: you throw it away trying to pass it and get creative, that's one thing...I'll live with that...As long as he's constantly being aggressive and looking to set guys up, that's this kid's game.. But to have it taken right outta your hands multiple times...That just can't happen.

JR Smith is enormously talented...I honestly never realized just how talented this dude is...WOW. At 6'6", unbelieveable handle for an off-guard, great shooter, tremendous slasher..and he's actually one hell of a passer and a pretty damn good defender and rebounder too. He's not nearly as selfish as I thought he would be...Dude's been great for us ---very team-oriented so far...That needs to continue. The man shouldn't change a thing...Really looking forward to him in the 2nd half. If we wind up doing anything noteworthy in the 2nd half and God willing in the playoffs, this guy's gonna be a huge reason why. What's a great pick-up.

Grunwald for president...The man is hands down the exec. of the year..Now it's up to Mike -- he's finally got the pieces. As long as all of our key players remain healthy, he's gotta make this work. No more excuses for this guy.

I can't wait to get these guy's again...Can't wait to get Jersey again too...That loss the other night still ticks me off.
:agreed::agreed::agreed:I'm trying so hard not to hunt down antoni, and end his reign of terror at the Garden, we are down only 10, with 8+ minutes, and our Stars are on the bench, WTF is this guy thinking.

fender0577

Rotation player
Im not saying lin is bad im just saying he done hit a brick wall when he met the heat. He is good against the bad teams but yesterday he met a championship caliver defensive team and choked.

You have seen the best from lin and he is not bad im not saying he is a bad player. He is just not good enough to take over a game against the best teams in the league.

I do not know if the heat are going to win a championship this year but we will be very close.:peace:

Where were you, when we were on our win streak, no one here gives a sh** about the heat.Please leave, thanks.

Last edited:

heatchamp45

Banned
we are on to the allstar game on a good note...The heat are going to sleep well for a week..

:update:

Our next game is thursday.

heatchamp45

Banned
Where were you, when we were on our win streak, no one here gives a shit about the heat.Please leave, thanks.

I really do not care about the winning streak...Im just here to discuss the game last night which some of you refuse and resort to namecalling.

Im just trying to give my :2cents:

Its just a game folks so relax.

portega1968

El Cacique

tumblr_lh6yjdjekj1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

fender0577

Rotation player
I really do not care about the winning streak...Im just here to discuss the game last night which some of you refuse and resort to namecalling.

Im just trying to give my :2cents:

Its just a game folks so relax.
But, why are you in a knicks forum?And your a heat fan, no disrespect, but don't you guys have your own forum to discuss Heat games.We didn't join your forum when we beat ya'll.:peace:

mafra

Legend
Knicks were awful last night. Carmelo a complete non-factors (7-20), who had his shot blocked what seemed like 6 times. Stoudemire looks more like a 6"10' Mike Bibby (STAT had 6 turnovers). Baron Davis 0-7. Lin 1-11 & 8 turnovers...

Yet...

Knicks still were in the game throughout. Never really trailed by more than 16 (?). They had all those turnovers, 2 technicals, Bosh was perfect & the officiating was terrible (both sides)...

YET...

Knicks still had a good shot to win the game.

I wont overreact. This loss was obvious before openign tip. HEAT are the perfect team to shut down a D'antoni offense. They thrive on perimeter defense, and everything MDA believes in is foul line or beyond (Phil Jax triangle offense which attacks foul line inside is a better matchup problem).

Lin never saw a game like last night. He got a taste not only for what to expect come playoffs, the intensity & competition from opponent, but also how the officiating changes. In a 7 game series, 5 of those games the refs will allow hand checking and all that physical defense.

But last night shows that our coach has no idea how to get Amare or Carmelo the ball other than isolation or pick and roll. No motion & stuff like that. So, if his PG cannot dominate & make decisions, he opts for the ISO. Other than that... good like guys finding shots.

As bad as LIN was, this game was more about Amare & Carmelo coming up small. Amar'e humiliated himself in the first half. Both did what in the 2nd half? Knicks hit 3 baskets in the 4th Q? They sat for first 4-6 minutes of 4th? If our 2 100 million dollars duds give NYK a 2nd half like that... how can we compete against the elite teams?

On a bright note... JR Smith & Novak give us a clear advantage and they played well. Fields continued to play solid BBALL. Chandler did his thing.

I don't think we can expect Amare-Melo to play that poorly come April-June. BOSH wont be perfect like that either.

LIN may not be able to compete against MIA in the playoffs physically. BUt other than MIA, he should be fine. And we can only hope that B Davis gets back into some semblance of himself. Maybe he emerges out of nowhere in the playoffs and helps us win?

fender0577

Rotation player
Knicks were awful last night. Carmelo a complete non-factors (7-20), who had his shot blocked what seemed like 6 times. Stoudemire looks more like a 6"10' Mike Bibby (STAT had 6 turnovers). Baron Davis 0-7. Lin 1-11 & 8 turnovers...

Yet...

Knicks still were in the game throughout. Never really trailed by more than 16 (?). They had all those turnovers, 2 technicals, Bosh was perfect & the officiating was terrible (both sides)...

YET...

Knicks still had a good shot to win the game.

I wont overreact. This loss was obvious before openign tip. HEAT are the perfect team to shut down a D'antoni offense. They thrive on perimeter defense, and everything MDA believes in is foul line or beyond (Phil Jax triangle offense which attacks foul line inside is a better matchup problem).

Lin never saw a game like last night. He got a taste not only for what to expect come playoffs, the intensity & competition from opponent, but also how the officiating changes. In a 7 game series, 5 of those games the refs will allow hand checking and all that physical defense.

But last night shows that our coach has no idea how to get Amare or Carmelo the ball other than isolation or pick and roll. No motion & stuff like that. So, if his PG cannot dominate & make decisions, he opts for the ISO. Other than that... good like guys finding shots.

As bad as LIN was, this game was more about Amare & Carmelo coming up small. Amar'e humiliated himself in the first half. Both did what in the 2nd half? Knicks hit 3 baskets in the 4th Q? They sat for first 4-6 minutes of 4th? If our 2 100 million dollars duds give NYK a 2nd half like that... how can we compete against the elite teams?

On a bright note... JR Smith & Novak give us a clear advantage and they played well. Fields continued to play solid BBALL. Chandler did his thing.

I don't think we can expect Amare-Melo to play that poorly come April-June. BOSH wont be perfect like that either.

LIN may not be able to compete against MIA in the playoffs physically. BUt other than MIA, he should be fine. And we can only hope that B Davis gets back into some semblance of himself. Maybe he emerges out of nowhere in the playoffs and helps us win?
:agreed:You make some great points.Why was STAT and MELO on the bench for half of the 4th, and Novack was on fire in the 1st half, why only spot duty in the second half.A while back in here, we had a discussion about what this team needs, and i'm basically the only 1, who brought up coaching.This guy gets outcoached every game, were the talent level is equal, mark my words, he will bring us down in the playoffs.:peace:

miked1958

Rotation player
Maybe a win would have made a difference but.....

I think we're looking at a 100page game thread tonight people!!!

Knicks will have the W... the heart that this team is showing in big time situations is like none Ive seen before. Lakers and Mavs were shellshocked by our (here comes a favorites Clyde word) RESILIENCY!!!

Even in the losses against NOLA and the Nets, you had a feeling that the team can elevate and levitate at will.

Still 140 minutes to go.. DAMMIT!!!
Not only did we not make a 100 Page Game Thread, we didnt even show up for this game. I guess getting our Butts handed to us and Lin looking like an 8th grader as well as our Big 3 getting totally outplayed by there 3 had alot to do with it. I am sure if we had pulled off the upset or better yet beat them like we beat the hawks last night we would have reached those lofty numbers.

heatchamp45

Banned
Portega wrote:
Originally Posted by portega1968

Knicks will have the W... the heart that this team is showing in big time situations is like none Ive seen before. Lakers and Mavs were shellshocked by our (here comes a favorites Clyde word) RESILIENCY!!!

Even in the losses against NOLA and the Nets, you had a feeling that the team can elevate and levitate at will.

ROTFLMAO.

portega1968

El Cacique
Hey portega.....

Next heat knicks game.

Heat 110
knicks 89

Dear Troll,

1. Make sure to come back and eat crow if ya'll lose that game

2. In any case, losing the next game is not a big deal... beating you in the playoffs will more than make up for that

3. GO FUUUUCCCKKKK YOURSELF WITH THIS

32029.jpg

Portega wrote:

ROTFLMAO.
Hey RJ can you ban this troll? :ban:

heatchamp45

Banned
Dear Troll,

1. Make sure to come back and eat crow if ya'll lose that game

2. In any case, losing the next game is not a big deal... beating you in the playoffs will more than make up for that

3. GO FUUUUCCCKKKK YOURSELF WITH THIS

32029.jpg

That post wasn't even worth 1 :2cents:

That post could not had been made by someone over 10 years old. Thats to be expected from a toddler.

You are probably what? 14 - 15 ? Do

Maybe when you graduate from junior highschool you will have better manners. They probably send you to the corner and make you wear a pointy dunce hat when you misbehave do they?

Consider yourself "put on your place".

Why can't you just discuss the heat and knicks in a civilized manner dude...I see other people doing just that.

No need for the insults.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Portega wrote:

ROTFLMAO.

you have choke artists... if the game was closer... Lebrick and Wade would have choked like always... wait til April 15... in NYC