Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sorry, folks. This one is way early, but it gets done when it gets done. Please focus on the prior game thread VS Atlanta by Dzwonsson before posting in here.

13256515132199025.gif

GT OST - Mastadon: I just bum it too much. Press play NOW!
images%2B%252810%2529.jpeg

knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif

newyorkknicks_par1a_2012-9999_scc_srgb.png

heat-fail-logo-2.jpg

know-your-enemy3.jpg

Spy_Vs_Spy-6enxam-d.jpg

Defeating The Heat: Prone To Zone

nyk_40.gif
Spoelstra's new offense creates tremendous movement and is absolutely perfect for his personnel. It gets Wade, LeBron and Bosh open in their best spots and more importantly going at the rim where all three are tremendously lethal. It plays to their great baskeball IQ and allows the Heat to run wild in a spread out defense where they can beat every matchup through greatly timed cuts and wonderful movement.

nba_a_heat-big-3_5761.jpeg

nyk_40.gif
This is one of the better offensive concepts that I have seen in the past few years (second to Phil Jackson's Triangle). This "spread" offense works very well when the defense they are facing is in man, LeBron, Bosh and Wade all must be respected both inside and in the perimeter game. The zone defense allows players to remain more or less in position, their teammates can play proper help defense and contest mid-range jumpers, and collapse to defend the rim.

Which one of you enjoys an ass filling the most?

miami-heat-lebron-wade-bosh.jpg

nyk_40.gif
The zone takes away all the space created by spreading the floor and so grinds the Heat's "spread" to a halt. The ability to play this zone against Spoelstra's personnel is all predicated, as far as I have seen, on the defending team having a solid defender at the rim (I haven't personally seen the Heat play another zone without a premier shot blocker in their midst)

422764_3160512366971_1090158690_33170698_1729293689_n.jpg

Get on the boards, Amar'e!

Miami out-rebound opponents on a nightly basis. Stoudemire's glass cleaning will be put under the microscope. Will he answer the call and outplay his opponents where the game's balance teeters?

large_2.19img20.jpg

Animated%20Gif%20Keys.gif
Offensive Key To A Win
Animated%20Gif%20Keys.gif

● Establishing a post threat through either STAT &/or Melo
● Getting open looks for Novak and JR as the second unit emerges
● Moving off the ball by Anthony
● Only allowing 1 shot as seen in the Dallas game
● Utilise Chandler's excellent timing and catching against the Heat's smaller centers.

Crazy⑧s Big Fat Fact

Melo and Lin combine for a usage rate of over 60%. If Stoudemire wants touches, he's going to have to get them off the glass.

large_Stat.jpg

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight

LeFlume

418398_3175199574142_1090158690_33177409_1895215818_n.jpg

I know it hurts to lose to the Nets but dude you gotta move on. Don't let this crap eat you up. We have Hawks and Heat coming up. Let's focus on that. Life's ahead of us. Not behind us...:beer: :gony:

I've been highlighting some of the more passionate game thread enthusiasts lately, and LeFlume is amidst that esteemed group of O&B bleeders.

LeFlume: linguistic aesthetic is high there. Is that French? If I had to guess what it meant, I'd go with DESTROYER OF HEIMEN.

Plutonic Man L💓VE

Between the unique pregame handshake between Landry Fields and Jeremy Lin to Fields allowing Lin to crash on his couch the night before Linsanity began almost two weeks ago against the Nets, the off-court friendship between the new Knicks backcourt is an obvious one.
But as the two have begun to play together on the court, that relationship is starting to pay dividends on the court:

232143-new-york-knicks-lin-is-congratulated-by-teammates-jordan-and-fields-af.jpg

?I think having that friendship off the court is really showing on the court,? Fields said after the Knicks won their seventh straight game Wednesday night, a 100-85 laugher at the Garden over the Sacramento Kings. ?The chemistry is there, and I?m just really thankful for that.?

With Lin playing alongside him, Fields has looked like a totally different player recently, envoking images of the player that surprised nearly everyone last season when he became the Knicks? starting shooting guard after he was an unheralded second round pick out of Stanford.
But the chemistry between Lin and Fields on the court is obvious. Fields was on the receiving end of two Lin lobs for easy alley-oop dunks in Wednesday?s win, and exploited Sacramento?s defense for an easy backdoor layup, as well.

511625-lin.jpg

?We talk a lot out there,? Fields said. ?If I see something, I?ll tell him, and vice versa.When that happens, we usually capitalize on it.?

For all of the plaudits that Lin has received for running the pick-and-roll, D?Antoni also praised Fields? ability to run the staple of D?Antoni?s up-tempo offense, as well.
?The biggest surprise, and the most improved, is Landry Fields and how he runs the pick-and-roll now,? D?Antoni said. ?He had five assists tonight, seven last night, something like that. Now we?ve got a couple [of] guys, and that should be easy money for Tyson [Chandler] and Amar?e [Stoudemire].?

Lin_RisingStar_670_120217.jpg

Fields? improved play has earned plaudits from his teammates, as well.
?I absolutely love what I?m seeing from Landry,? said Chandler. ?Tonight he was hitting the glass, making hard cuts defensively ? he?s all over the place.?

At some point, even after the brilliance of Linsanity over the past two weeks, Lin and the Knicks will hit a rough patch. Chandler said having a friend to help you through those times in a long and often grueling NBA season ? particularly this year, due to the lockout-shortened season and truncated schedule ? can pay dividends.

200212-chink.jpg

?I think, just the comfort, having somebody that you?re really close with, [helps],? Chandler said. ?The NBA is a long season, and those times you feel down and all of that stuff, they?re good for each other.?

The Starting

STAT

stat-monroe-o.gif

The one man bukkake hose.

MELO

anthony-o.gif

Was raised on the blood of wolverines.

Laundry Folds

fields-hawks-smash-o.gif

Can't say the word boob without blushing.

Cunning Lingus

Jeremy-Lin-GIF.gif

It's said that in Hong Kong they sacrifice a virgin before every Knicks game. That is extreme.

The Man Handler

byson-o.gif

The man is just ****ing cool. There is nothing else to say.

animated-gifs-radar-130.gif
Crazys Knick on UAV
animated-gifs-radar-130.gif

dance.gif
S.T.A.T
dance.gif

stat-2-melo-nets-o.gif

The inconsistency, the flashes of brilliance, the on and off focus on either end, the lack of desire. What will we get out of this cat in this, one of the biggest games of the season?

We need his best output against Bosh. :crossfingers:

Thank-You.jpg

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I assume he's going abroad for some business reason or he's busy with more personal stuff (baby already born?).

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
NP, work is work, can't do anything about it... once I did some EVS work in Italy for almost a month, know how it works. BTW, have you been in China since the Linsanity exploded?

KingCharles34

All Star
Nice Work Crazy, I like the idea of getting this game thread up early. It could set Knicksonline records for most views and most posts in a game thread. Im happy to have my post on the 1st page, We about to make History

I think we'll blow Miami out, the same way Pat Riley had lebron and Bosh blow him out, which he used to blackmail them with, to get them in Miami taking a note out of Puff Daddys book

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If i could rep you again id rep you, but unfortunately i must share some more rep love around. :thumbsup: once again nice thread :gony:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I'll be at this game REPPING us HARD!!! :peace:
I expect a complete takeover by the Orange & Blue in the crowd...like the good ol' days.
Instead of beating down, Garbonzo, DooDoo Brown, and Hardangay...we get to trounce the 'Dreamgirls' now!!! Woo f u c k ing hoo!!!

Awesome game thread as usual, Crazy' bro!!!

Last edited:
LMAOOO u saw Boshs picture pointing at Lebrick... he looks like a super queer

Don't wanna go homophobic in public, but yeah Bosh is a ****ing faggot!!!! :teeth:

Not like that's something new to us....

I laughed my ass off when watching that 'Closet Heat' video during the lockout, Lebron: "I went to Chris' house and he gave me HANDJOB after HANDJOB..mhhhh"

You really need to watch that on u.tube in case you haven't - it's funny ish.

Re Miami game: We're waiting for the fireworks like July 4th!! :gony:

smokes

Huge Member
Lin is going to destroy Chalmers. I can't wait until they put Lebron on him and he slaps Lebrons face with his wang.

This is going to be a big test. If Tyson can hold down the paint and Amarknee doesn't play swiss cheese then we should be set.

Great thread. Go Knicks!

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Nice thread bro, I dont think anyone minds its up early. Miami defense is crazy good but they have trouble defending the three ball. If we can knock down those shots we should be close in the fourth quarter to win this game. I can't wait to see Shump on Wade or Lebron.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just added the 'poster in the spotlight' section to the thread. Sorry I forgot, LeFlume!

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight

LeFlume

I know it hurts to lose to the Nets but dude you gotta move on. Don't let this crap eat you up. We have Hawks and Heat coming up. Let's focus on that. Life's ahead of us. Not behind us...:beer: :gony:

I've been highlighting some of the more passionate game thread enthusiasts lately, and LeFlume is amidst that esteemed group of O&B bleeders.

LeFlume: linguistic aesthetic is high there. Is that French? If I had to guess what it meant, I'd go with DESTROYER OF HEIMEN.

KingCharles34

All Star
In the past Melo has been able to almost cancel out Lebron head to head excluding assists. But hes far outta rhythm right now, hopefully he can get something going against the Hawks that can carry over to the Heat game. I think Lin will play well, nobodies really been able to stop him.

Chandlers gonna have to stay outta foul trouble and have a big impact in the paint for us to get this win, we all know hes capable of it. If Stat can cancel out Bosh, ill be happy with that. Im crossing my fingers that Shump will be back, no way we win this game without his defense. I think hes the best defender on the team and one of the best 2guards defensively already. A better version of Tony Allen in the making

Kiyaman

Legend
This is the GAME.....where we seperate the men from the boys.

Melo is not a point-foward....however, Melo is the best scorer in this game if
he just catch n shoot. Chandler & Stat has to start setting screens & picks
for Melo & JR to get some open shots.

Stat is not a peremeter shooter....Stat is an above the rim lane-cutter, put
back, alleyoop, plus a strong rebounder.

Tyson Chandler is not suppose to be trapping guards on the peremeter on
the defensive-end....that is Lin, Fields, Stat, and Melo's job, while Tyson
protect the paint.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
This game thread is getting me giddy for the Heat. Great job as always Crazy8s :beer:

Melo vs LeBron 2011-2012 Part 1
Amar'e vs Bosh Pillow Fight 2K12

I have a gut feeling we win this game because of TC. Heat seems to struggle against teams with a dominant center.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
i made a 20 dollar bet with my bro saying that the knicks will beat the heat... im feeling really confident we will win

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
In the past Melo has been able to almost cancel out Lebron head to head excluding assists. But hes far outta rhythm right now, hopefully he can get something going against the Hawks that can carry over to the Heat game. I think Lin will play well, nobodies really been able to stop him.

Chandlers gonna have to stay outta foul trouble and have a big impact in the paint for us to get this win, we all know hes capable of it. If Stat can cancel out Bosh, ill be happy with that. Im crossing my fingers that Shump will be back, no way we win this game without his defense. I think hes the best defender on the team and one of the best 2guards defensively already. A better version of Tony Allen in the making

Unfortunately Shumpert is out for the rest of the week :(