View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    2 10.00%
  • 2

    6 30.00%
  • 3

    10 50.00%
  • 4

    2 10.00%
  • 5

    0 0%
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1929434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 764

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

  1. #721
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i petition that when the knicks play heat or other rival teams, especially playoffs that the mods close registration to block troll coming here

  2. #722
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well well well i guess i can't have a decent conversation with the kiddies on this site because they revert to name calling....

    What are you all 3 years old..

    I come in peace and you guys start singing a defeated tune....Here is the viloin......

    Have a nice day.

  3. #723
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Well well well i guess i can't have a decent conversation with the kiddies on this site because they revert to name calling....

    What are you all 3 years old..

    I come in peace and you guys start singing a defeated tune....Here is the viloin......

    Have a nice day.
    wow how old are you? how pathetic is your life right now... to be honest, its just funny how you would go through the trouble of registering , just to talk about your Heat we dont care about that right now... Lin is just going to get better.. what was it his 11th game? ... youll remember Lin one day, when the rematch comes

  4. #724
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default



    Heat fans GTFO!

  5. #725
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Im not saying lin is bad im just saying he done hit a brick wall when he met the heat. He is good against the bad teams but yesterday he met a championship caliver defensive team and choked.

    What else can you expect from a none drafted rookie guys.

    You have seen the best from lin and he is not bad im not saying he is a bad player. He is just not good enough to take over a game against the best teams in the league.

    I do not know if the heat are going to win a championship this year but we will be very close.

    ???????????????????

  6. #726
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by finestrg
    Good call Pete...Just came on here quick to see if anyone was talking about D'Antoni....I thought he had a bad game too...My big thing about tonight -- WTF happened to Amar'e? Dude was practically the only one balling early on ---- I couldn't believe he sat him for such long stretches, esp. with the AS break coming up here...STAT's got the whole weekend to rest...How the F does he only log 29 mins tonight, in a game of this magnitude? I know he had his share of turnovers, but other than that, he was effective...I felt like after he had that impressive blow-by baseline dunk past Bosh (tell me that dunk didn't feel like the old Amar'e there for a sec), Mike yanked him and sat him for what felt like forever. STAT looked real good tonight, like he came ready to play -- we needed to establish him early and milk him...Wasn't even like he was in foul trouble -- dude had 2 fouls...How does he not play 40 mins tonight??? And you're right Pete -- the dude's the pits when it comes to making adjustments. In game matchup adjustments, non-existent play calling (look, I'm sure there are plays of some sort but it always feels so freelance out there, as if there's no real gameplan to get the most out of our best players and play to their strengths), calling T/Os to break up the opponent's momentum, etc.----all not nearly up to par...Lin was pretty bad tonight but make no mistake about it, coach wasn't great either.

    What we can take away from this game is that despite Lin having his first real off-night, despite Melo not being great (he played hard though, shots just weren't falling), Amar'e being underutilized when he clearly came to play, and a rotten 3rd quarter (which we've seen far too often this 1st half -- that, more than anything, needs to change -- can't keep coming out flat as a pancake to open these friggin' 2nd halves), we were right there with them most of the way...They played about as good as they can play and we weren't anywhere near as good as we can be. Small silver lining I guess.

    Jeremy's been outstanding...No question about it...But brother come on now, gotta take better care of the ball than that..YIKES! Hopefully he'll learn from it and improve...Feel bad even saying anything -- I probably should just shut my mouth -- the man's been that good and I appreciate everything he's done for us...He's single-handedly turned this franchise around and made us relevant again. Mad respect and appreciation, don't get me wrong...This is how I look at his TOs though: you throw it away trying to pass it and get creative, that's one thing...I'll live with that...As long as he's constantly being aggressive and looking to set guys up, that's this kid's game.. But to have it taken right outta your hands multiple times...That just can't happen.

    JR Smith is enormously talented...I honestly never realized just how talented this dude is...WOW. At 6'6", unbelieveable handle for an off-guard, great shooter, tremendous slasher..and he's actually one hell of a passer and a pretty damn good defender and rebounder too. He's not nearly as selfish as I thought he would be...Dude's been great for us ---very team-oriented so far...That needs to continue. The man shouldn't change a thing...Really looking forward to him in the 2nd half. If we wind up doing anything noteworthy in the 2nd half and God willing in the playoffs, this guy's gonna be a huge reason why. What's a great pick-up.

    Grunwald for president...The man is hands down the exec. of the year..Now it's up to Mike -- he's finally got the pieces. As long as all of our key players remain healthy, he's gotta make this work. No more excuses for this guy.

    I can't wait to get these guy's again...Can't wait to get Jersey again too...That loss the other night still ticks me off.
    I'm trying so hard not to hunt down antoni, and end his reign of terror at the Garden, we are down only 10, with 8+ minutes, and our Stars are on the bench, WTF is this guy thinking.

  7. #727
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Im not saying lin is bad im just saying he done hit a brick wall when he met the heat. He is good against the bad teams but yesterday he met a championship caliver defensive team and choked.

    What else can you expect from a none drafted rookie guys.

    You have seen the best from lin and he is not bad im not saying he is a bad player. He is just not good enough to take over a game against the best teams in the league.

    I do not know if the heat are going to win a championship this year but we will be very close.

    ???????????????????
    Where were you, when we were on our win streak, no one here gives a sh** about the heat.Please leave, thanks.
    Last edited by fender0577; Feb 24, 2012 at 09:01.

  8. #728
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    we are on to the allstar game on a good note...The heat are going to sleep well for a week..



    Our next game is thursday.

  9. #729
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Where were you, when we were on our win streak, no one here gives a **** about the heat.Please leave, thanks.
    I really do not care about the winning streak...Im just here to discuss the game last night which some of you refuse and resort to namecalling.

    Im just trying to give my

    Its just a game folks so relax.

  10. #730
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    Im not saying lin is bad im just saying he done hit a brick wall when he met the heat. He is good against the bad teams but yesterday he met a championship caliver defensive team and choked.

    What else can you expect from a none drafted rookie guys.

    You have seen the best from lin and he is not bad im not saying he is a bad player. He is just not good enough to take over a game against the best teams in the league.

    I do not know if the heat are going to win a championship this year but we will be very close.

    ???????????????????

  11. #731
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by heatchamp45
    I really do not care about the winning streak...Im just here to discuss the game last night which some of you refuse and resort to namecalling.

    Im just trying to give my

    Its just a game folks so relax.
    But, why are you in a knicks forum?And your a heat fan, no disrespect, but don't you guys have your own forum to discuss Heat games.We didn't join your forum when we beat ya'll.

  12. #732
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Knicks were awful last night. Carmelo a complete non-factors (7-20), who had his shot blocked what seemed like 6 times. Stoudemire looks more like a 6"10' Mike Bibby (STAT had 6 turnovers). Baron Davis 0-7. Lin 1-11 & 8 turnovers...

    Yet...

    Knicks still were in the game throughout. Never really trailed by more than 16 (?). They had all those turnovers, 2 technicals, Bosh was perfect & the officiating was terrible (both sides)...

    YET...

    Knicks still had a good shot to win the game.

    I wont overreact. This loss was obvious before openign tip. HEAT are the perfect team to shut down a D'antoni offense. They thrive on perimeter defense, and everything MDA believes in is foul line or beyond (Phil Jax triangle offense which attacks foul line inside is a better matchup problem).

    Lin never saw a game like last night. He got a taste not only for what to expect come playoffs, the intensity & competition from opponent, but also how the officiating changes. In a 7 game series, 5 of those games the refs will allow hand checking and all that physical defense.

    But last night shows that our coach has no idea how to get Amare or Carmelo the ball other than isolation or pick and roll. No motion & stuff like that. So, if his PG cannot dominate & make decisions, he opts for the ISO. Other than that... good like guys finding shots.

    As bad as LIN was, this game was more about Amare & Carmelo coming up small. Amar'e humiliated himself in the first half. Both did what in the 2nd half? Knicks hit 3 baskets in the 4th Q? They sat for first 4-6 minutes of 4th? If our 2 100 million dollars duds give NYK a 2nd half like that... how can we compete against the elite teams?

    On a bright note... JR Smith & Novak give us a clear advantage and they played well. Fields continued to play solid BBALL. Chandler did his thing.

    I don't think we can expect Amare-Melo to play that poorly come April-June. BOSH wont be perfect like that either.

    LIN may not be able to compete against MIA in the playoffs physically. BUt other than MIA, he should be fine. And we can only hope that B Davis gets back into some semblance of himself. Maybe he emerges out of nowhere in the playoffs and helps us win?

  13. #733
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Knicks were awful last night. Carmelo a complete non-factors (7-20), who had his shot blocked what seemed like 6 times. Stoudemire looks more like a 6"10' Mike Bibby (STAT had 6 turnovers). Baron Davis 0-7. Lin 1-11 & 8 turnovers...

    Yet...

    Knicks still were in the game throughout. Never really trailed by more than 16 (?). They had all those turnovers, 2 technicals, Bosh was perfect & the officiating was terrible (both sides)...

    YET...

    Knicks still had a good shot to win the game.

    I wont overreact. This loss was obvious before openign tip. HEAT are the perfect team to shut down a D'antoni offense. They thrive on perimeter defense, and everything MDA believes in is foul line or beyond (Phil Jax triangle offense which attacks foul line inside is a better matchup problem).

    Lin never saw a game like last night. He got a taste not only for what to expect come playoffs, the intensity & competition from opponent, but also how the officiating changes. In a 7 game series, 5 of those games the refs will allow hand checking and all that physical defense.

    But last night shows that our coach has no idea how to get Amare or Carmelo the ball other than isolation or pick and roll. No motion & stuff like that. So, if his PG cannot dominate & make decisions, he opts for the ISO. Other than that... good like guys finding shots.

    As bad as LIN was, this game was more about Amare & Carmelo coming up small. Amar'e humiliated himself in the first half. Both did what in the 2nd half? Knicks hit 3 baskets in the 4th Q? They sat for first 4-6 minutes of 4th? If our 2 100 million dollars duds give NYK a 2nd half like that... how can we compete against the elite teams?

    On a bright note... JR Smith & Novak give us a clear advantage and they played well. Fields continued to play solid BBALL. Chandler did his thing.

    I don't think we can expect Amare-Melo to play that poorly come April-June. BOSH wont be perfect like that either.

    LIN may not be able to compete against MIA in the playoffs physically. BUt other than MIA, he should be fine. And we can only hope that B Davis gets back into some semblance of himself. Maybe he emerges out of nowhere in the playoffs and helps us win?
    You make some great points.Why was STAT and MELO on the bench for half of the 4th, and Novack was on fire in the 1st half, why only spot duty in the second half.A while back in here, we had a discussion about what this team needs, and i'm basically the only 1, who brought up coaching.This guy gets outcoached every game, were the talent level is equal, mark my words, he will bring us down in the playoffs.

  14. #734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey portega.....

    Next heat knicks game.

    Heat 110
    knicks 89

  15. #735
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Maybe a win would have made a difference but.....

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    I think we're looking at a 100page game thread tonight people!!!

    Knicks will have the W... the heart that this team is showing in big time situations is like none Ive seen before. Lakers and Mavs were shellshocked by our (here comes a favorites Clyde word) RESILIENCY!!!

    Even in the losses against NOLA and the Nets, you had a feeling that the team can elevate and levitate at will.

    Still 140 minutes to go.. DAMMIT!!!
    Not only did we not make a 100 Page Game Thread, we didnt even show up for this game. I guess getting our Butts handed to us and Lin looking like an 8th grader as well as our Big 3 getting totally outplayed by there 3 had alot to do with it. I am sure if we had pulled off the upset or better yet beat them like we beat the hawks last night we would have reached those lofty numbers.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: May 21, 2011, 13:14
  2. Miami @ New York 1/27/11
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 16:16
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •