Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

• Total voters

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I have to say, though, that not having Shumpert available is a huge disadvantage for us. Crazy as it is to say, missing our rookie might be the difference in this game. We can put Melo on Lebron because the former always elevates his game for the latter. But who's going to lock down Wade? As much as I love Fields we've all seen him being abused when playing defense against premier scorers. Maybe JR will bring the energy he's shown over the last several games and fill in. But damn if I won't miss Shump.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree...we got Shump precisely to guard premier perimeter players who can get to the rim...

It's OK though. Better that he gets healthy for the all-star break. Really, he doesn't even have to play in the Cavs game, probably.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I can't wait for this game. The Heat have won their last 7 games by 10 points or more. Knicks aren't half bad at all winning the last 9 of 11 games. Something has to give at this point.

MIA vs NYK part 2

Let's get this mother effin win!!

katy-perry-elmo-augen.gif

smokes

Huge Member
Hey Crazy, can you add a "0" option to your poll so I can gets me some green? Cheers bro :beer:

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
This team seems to do better against better teams and get lazy against weak teams. I would not be surprised to see a win tonight.

One thing I can guarantee: there will be many alley-oops on both sides of the court which should be exciting. (Jr Smith's alley-oop finishes last night were unreal...)

I think offense and rebounding are the keys to this game as we just don't have the capabilities to defend Wade and Lebron. If we can recover the rebounds and hit out shots though we can win this. On that note, I think Lin and Novak are the key offensive players this game. If Lin can distribute well and get easy dunks for everyone (I'm assuming our players are capable enough to finish), while Novak can hit from the perimeter, we have a real chance. Especially if Tyson can somewhat stop the easy alley-oops that Wade/Lebron have been perfecting this season.

Jefferies may actually be a key to this game. I can see him taking a few offensive fouls this game.

I really don't see what Amar'e can contribute. He's weaker defensively than Jefferies and he has been off on his jump shot. He's basically there to just dunk the ball from Lin assists. If Jefferies didn't miss so many layups he would be great to play on this team. I think it's a really tough call who you want on the court this game: Stat or Jeff.

In summary, this will be an interesting game.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Fuel to the Flames

image.jpg

One of the greatest NBA coaches ever, Pat Riley, and two of the best players in the game today, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, still couldn?t convince Baron Davis to sign with the Heat last December.

Davis already knew where he wanted to sign for the veteran?s minimum: the New York Knicks.

?I spoke to Pat Riley. D-Wade, LeBron, they texted me and asked me what was up,? Davis said. ?But I pretty much knew I wanted to come here and play in the Garden and play in front of these fans and play for this organization. I always wanted to play here, so this was really like my first choice.?

jeremy-lin-lebron-james1.jpg

James Plans on Guarding Jeremy Lin
February 23, 2012
Thursday could be the ultimate test for Jeremy Lin. Not because his Knicks will be taking on Miami Heat. But individually, because LeBron James, one of the best on-ball defenders in the game, says he?ll likely guard Lin some.

?I know I?m going to end up guarding Lin at some point,? LeBron told reporters Wednesday.

LeBron, as I?m sure you recall, switched to guard Derrick Rose for lage parts of the Eastern Conference Finals and essentially locked down the MVP. And while Jeremy Lin has had quite the start to his time in New York, he?s not Derrick Rose.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news

Beyond psyched for this game. My Lin shirt should finally come in the mail today, hopefully it's a sign of good luck. :afro:

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!! GO NY GO NY GO

p0nder

Starter
JS3 - nice! i always love going back and revisiting that rivalry. Those battles were a driving force for getting me into basketball as a 10-15 year old kid. I remember JVG being on Alonzo's leg, Booing Pat Reily, i remember the running jumper, all the battles between ewing and alonzo. man just some great basketball there. Quality ball. It's too bad about the brawls that happened. I think if those hadn't happened the knicks would have gone on to win a chip.

I'm excited for Knicks/Heat basketball again. This is gonna be HUGE.

JS3

Benchwarmer
Miami rivalry - Pacers rivalry - Bulls rivalry - Nets (city) rivalry - Celtics rivalry

Everybody hates us - but we don't care!

CoolClyde

Keys to Success Against The cHeat

another fantastic and important game thread from the porkiest pirate of them all! congrats on your all-Knick fantasy team tonight. too bad you're playing against a dead man, could have been interesting...

Duh-Wade and el BJ are two of the best, smartest players in the league, offensively AND defensively, and know how to play transition O and D.

KEY: The Knicks ability to play transition defense, in order to prevent easy buckets.

Lin will need to pass first, drive second, because if LeBone is guarding him, could spell danger. can Miami defend the P&R with all of our starters taking part in this basic play? can Jeremy speak volumes with his court vision?

Key: Girafferies vs Boosh. Offensive rebounds. ya gotta give it up to Jafferie Jefferies recent performances, his contributions will be needed.

Key: Melo in the flow. no holding the ball. no driving into triple teams.

Key: Stevie Novak and Junior Swish's ability to hit the 3 consistently. Last game vs Miami, Knicks pretty much were ALL about the 3's, and gave up any other game plan (they called it Macaroni), which fell apart in the 4Q, predictably.

This is a new team, with a quality bench. When LeBong and LeRaptor and WyaneyWade are sitting, the Knicks are going to have to strive hard and push the ball. Baron von Davis, we need you to shine...

I smell a win.
:2cents:

metrocard

Legend
No other team in the league I hate more than the Celtics, but Heat are a close 2nd.

Most vital game of the season, will determine who we are as a squad.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Doubt Lebron's gonna really guard Lin. The main rivalry here is Carmelo vs Lebron. Carmelo always brings it against Lebron and if he's playing Lin, who's gonna handle Melo? Exactly.

I also love how all Heat fans think Lin is going to be completely shut down this game. I don't see that happening. Lin did it before and he'll do it again.

If the Knicks compete this game, I'm talking down to the last possession, then I consider it a win. But it'll be that much sweeter to get that .500+ against the best team in the league.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo's team record against Lebron 9-4. Last head to head was on Feb. 27 2011 NYK 91 Miami 86. Melo brings it against Lebron, he will do well against Miami esp if Spoelstra tries that sh*t guarding Lin with Lebron.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Hey Crazy, can you add a "0" option to your poll so I can gets me some green? Cheers bro :beer:

I tried to green you for the 'Keep Fields' thread, but it said I'd already splurted too much love on you. After I've shared my seed around the dudes on the forum, I'll get straight back on to ramming you with rep. No homo, though.

Word. Hey LOCOOCHOS can you change the poll since Shump isn't playing? I need some more green. :smokin:

Nope. Bummer. RunningJumper had a try, but no good.:gony: