Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

• Total voters

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The first and second halves were like night and day. First half, playing against a frustrating defense we continued to move the ball and get some good looks. Second half was 90% ISO and one on one. They continued to move the ball and had wide open shots all over the court.

Tell me Melo fanboys, should we keep letting Melo ISO or should he play within the flow of the offense?
Tell STAT Fanboy, dont come in here with this sh*t

smokes

Huge Member
This was a measuring stick game and we proved that we aren't quite there yet. I'm fine with that for now. I pretty much knew that already.

I'm just fearful the other teams see this and gameplan for Lin like MIA did? That might be a problem.

Dallas did exactly the same to Lin. Full court pressure, double team him on the pick n roll, put Marion with his long arms on him. He still performed well.

I believe tonight was mostly due to the constant buildup of pressure on this young man, not to mention the Heat have stupidly fast and athletic players 1 through 4.

I wouldn't sweat it on Lin.

smokes

Huge Member
Tell STAT Fanboy, dont come in here with this sh*t

What does STAT have to do with anything? And I'm not a fanboy, I admit STAT plays like shit most of the season and he needs to be better. I'm urging people to support our players. I support Melo whole heartedly, I don't support the notion he should ISO every trip down the floor like half the Melo fans.

Number3

Benchwarmer
everybody chill out knicks just played yesterday... Lin is just going to elevate his game after playin the best team... hes not dumb

The first and second halves were like night and day. First half, playing against a frustrating defense we continued to move the ball and get some good looks. Second half was 90% ISO and one on one. They continued to move the ball and had wide open shots all over the court.

Tell me Melo fanboys, should we keep letting Melo ISO or should he play within the flow of the offense?

Thats why there is a problem with Carmelo and this system, theres no middle ground.Its either he ISO's all day or is to timid, Melo is either a ball dominant scorer or a misused star.Pick your poison.

JS3

Benchwarmer
disappointing, not from the loss but from the heart given in the game.

99% that we are in the playoff, we need more games against top guns from the east(CHI, MIA, etc) yes, the schedule is hard, but its good for us because we lack toughness against big and athletics buddies(no homo...).

JLIN will bounce back, i am not sure for Stat, Melo is Melo, he will give us great moments.

7 game streak
it was great to see the hustle of the 2nd unit + Tyson, but our coach is not men enough to face Amare nor Melo to teach them or explain them that, if it aint broken.....

CA7

Scoring Champ

I counted Melo's iso's the 2nd half, he iso'd 9 times, 3-6 from the field and the other 3 times he had 2 assists and the other Lin missed the 3 so we got

12points in the 2nd half off of Melo's iso's

now how about Lin our point guard playing one on one

smokes

Huge Member
Thats why there is a problem with Carmelo and this system, theres no middle ground.Its either he ISO's all day or is to timid, Melo is either a ball dominant scorer or a misused star.Pick your poison.

So during the first half, when he was scoring from drives, he was a misused star?

Reggie Miller said it best, all the great players can play within any system. Melo is a great player.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
But if they dont then i call blow up or fire D'antoni.We are all expecting to get better with time but what if we somehow dont?

Blow up? Like trade pieces and stuff. I cant agree with that, thats been the problem with us, we have not had a solid roster. Its been changing and shifting for 3 years now. If we don't get it together, than geting a new coach sounds more reasonable. We have the pieces on paper, but unfortunately paper cant play ball.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
What does STAT have to do with anything? And I'm not a fanboy, I admit STAT plays like shit most of the season and he needs to be better. I'm urging people to support our players. I support Melo whole heartedly, I don't support the notion he should ISO every trip down the floor like half the Melo fans.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Dallas did exactly the same to Lin. Full court pressure, double team him on the pick n roll, put Marion with his long arms on him. He still performed well.

I believe tonight was mostly due to the constant buildup of pressure on this young man, not to mention the Heat have stupidly fast and athletic players 1 through 4.

I wouldn't sweat it on Lin.
:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

elcol

Rotation player

how do you not understand this?? we had no offensive flow with either BD or lin?? there were multiple times when we HAD to iso melo because we had no other option, we came unprepared for the heats smothering offense and you can see the result being the knicks lost. how are you so quick to put the blame on melo...every single knick wasn't ready for it so iso at times became the only option..

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lin was absolute goat shit today. But that's not the sole reason the game was lost. Who was picking up Bosh? I lost count of the amount of open shots he was given. Also how many second chance points did they get. Seriously they are not that great. The Mavericks had them in their pockets during the finals.

Worst players of the evening:

Lin and Chandler. They cost us the game.

Who are you trying to convince? Do you follow the NBA? The Heat have the best record in the league.

smokes

Huge Member
I counted Melo's iso's the 2nd half, he iso'd 9 times, 3-6 from the field and the other 3 times he had 2 assists and the other Lin missed the 3 so we got

12points in the 2nd half off of Melo's iso's

now how about Lin our point guard playing one on one

It's not just about Melo though, do you understand the concept of team ball? When Melo ISO's up all the time it disrupts the flow of our passing game and things become static and stagnant. This has been seen and evidenced for the entire first half of the season before Lin came to fruition.

Melo is great at ISO'ing everyone knows that, but in terms of being great for our team and helping us win, it's not.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
So during the first half, when he was scoring from drives, he was a misused star?

Reggie Miller said it best, all the great players can play within any system. Melo is a great player.

Great players get it done on both sides of the floor. Melo is close to being superstar/great status but he needs to pick up his D. One of my fav players but I can even admit that.

CA7

Scoring Champ
disappointing, not from the loss but from the heart given in the game.

99% that we are in the playoff, we need more games against top guns from the east(CHI, MIA, etc) yes, the schedule is hard, but its good for us because we lack toughness against big and athletics buddies(no homo...).

JLIN will bounce back, i am not sure for Stat, Melo is Melo, he will give us great moments.

7 game streak
it was great to see the hustle of the 2nd unit + Tyson, but our coach is not men enough to face Amare nor Melo to teach them or explain them that, if it aint broken.....

STAT and Melo played fine not great but they weren't affecting the team negatively

Lin got raped without KY period BUT he's young and there's a 1st time for everything better now then the playoffs

Tyson IDK man he was horrible tonight, not to mention Shumpert is our D.Wade on D, he makes things happen imagine Shumpert/Smith/Novak coming in together and just straight ballin

they had their full team and an extra day of rest and preparation

Blow up? Like trade pieces and stuff. I cant agree with that, thats been the problem with us, we have not had a solid roster. Its been changing and shifting for 3 years now. If we don't get it together, than geting a new coach sounds more reasonable. We have the pieces on paper, but unfortunately paper cant play ball.

But we are in a tough position, if we don't improve we will get bounced in the first round up until Melo and A'mare are in their mid thirties and declining and be a what if team like the 2002 kings,something isn't working but its hard to know whether its all coaching or just the fact that our players cant mesh no matter what.

smokes

Huge Member
how do you not understand this?? we had no offensive flow with either BD or lin?? there were multiple times when we HAD to iso melo because we had no other option, we came unprepared for the heats smothering offense and you can see the result being the knicks lost. how are you so quick to put the blame on melo...every single knick wasn't ready for it so iso at times became the only option..

I'm not blaming Melo for anything. It's not Melo who chooses how the game is played.

Our game plan first half was sound, our game plan second half was flawed.

How can you not understand that our offense, minus the turnovers, was flowing in the first half. In the second half it was stagnant. There's no way to argue this.

smokes

Huge Member
Great players get it done on both sides of the floor. Melo is close to being superstar/great status but he needs to pick up his D. One of my fav players but I can even admit that.

He wasn't doing bad on D tonight I thought. He needs to bring it every game though not just in the big games.