Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

• Total voters

skisloper

Starter
You guys are just impossible....

Why is when the Knicks lose do so many people jump on the negative....

we lost to the Heat.......right now the best team in the NBA. We came after beating up on Atlanta.

Now its Danotnio's fault....

Personally I am glad LIN got his ass kicked.....this is one game ....if we expect to make it far in the playoffs the Heat will be a team we need to beat......better to learn now.....even with his crap game we were down by 4 at halftime....

If we won the game with the exact same subbing order you would praise Dantonio....we lose and u crucify.....

TG for the some of the bandwagon Lin.Knick fans.....at least they appreciate...

it is ALL STAR BREAK and as of now we are the 7th seed after a crap start. We found a PG. Davis getting better....Smith is a Knicks....Fields out of his shell.....Shump a defensive stopper....Chandler a brilliant signing.....Novak better then williams,,,,,,,,,Jeffires best year ever....NOW WE WAIT FOR MELO AND STAT.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You guys are just impossible....

Why is when the Knicks lose do so many people jump on the negative....

we lost to the Heat.......right now the best team in the NBA. We came after beating up on Atlanta.

Now its Danotnio's fault....

Personally I am glad LIN got his ass kicked.....this is one game ....if we expect to make it far in the playoffs the Heat will be a team we need to beat......better to learn now.....even with his crap game we were down by 4 at halftime....

If we won the game with the exact same subbing order you would praise Dantonio....we lose and u crucify.....

TG for the some of the bandwagon Lin.Knick fans.....at least they appreciate...

it is ALL STAR BREAK and as of now we are the 7th seed after a crap start. We found a PG. Davis getting better....Smith is a Knicks....Fields out of his shell.....Shump a defensive stopper....Chandler a brilliant signing.....Novak better then williams,,,,,,,,,Jeffires best year ever....NOW WE WAIT FOR MELO AND STAT.

Melo and STAT were playing fine, Lin just couldn't get them the ball, I counted 8 times he missed both of them trying to do it by himself

CA7

Scoring Champ
Bro, Melo shot like 30% on 20 shots. How is that fine?

he attacked the basket got fouled a couple times, no calls, he hit a couple jumpers and played D, he also played within the team

he wasn't great but he wasn't playing as bad as he has lately

what game were you watching

finestrg

Rotation player
he attacked the basket got fouled a couple times, no calls, he hit a couple jumpers and played D, he also played within the team

Yeah I agree -- he looked real strong and competitive out there. Seen it a couple of times now -- the time off serves him well...He always comes back from a few days off looking real strong & fresh...People forget how banged up the man was this 1st half..And Mike's right -- forget all this fitting in crap. Just play your game and be you...You're a top player in this league...Just stay aggressive and stay in attack mode...That goes for everybody. Melo will fit in just fine here -- he no longer will have the ball in his hands for long stretches in the halfcourt set over-thinking it..That was the problem -- we had no legit PG capable of dictating tempo and making good decisions. Now we have Lin AND Davis...Melo now gets to go back to being Melo...Get the ball in good position to do something with it and ATTACK QUICKLY with little or no thinking...All instinct & skill.. Melo should have a much better 2nd half here coming up..

Wargames

Starter
things the knicks need to work on during the so-called mini AS camp they have scheduled

1) Zone defense. It helped for a while in the second and they're have been games lost where Zone defense could of helped. Also Zone defense can help teams with not so great man to man defenders.

2) Back Court combinations to see what they have (baron & lin, Baron & JR, Lin & JR, Shump & Baron, etc)

3) Both PG's need reps with the first and second team.

4) Shump and JR need to practice perimeter Defense because it looks like they are the only two who have the speed to do it.

5) they need to run Lin through some trap practices because it is becoming to easy for teams to force turnovers. even if his response is to jump into a defender and attempt to draw a foul he need to know what to do so teams no longer stymie his offense by trapping.

This game isn't the end all of the season or even a playoff loss. It was a test and the the knicks didn't pass & came away knowing they need work. but they should have some time to work on it.

Edit: also the heat are bullies they come in and try to intimidate teams. Look at the finals last year. they were embarassing the Mav's until Tyson Chandler stood up and said enough is enough and then the Mav's outplayed the heat in basketball because the intimidation factor was gone. alleyoop or baseline dunk it doesn't matter it just gets you 2 points.

The Heat wen't in there and picked on Lin, because it was a 1 game sample that was more of a test with nothing really on the line I don't think the rest of the team keyed in on this and applied pressure back on the Heat players. Thats why Tyson was the key in the finals last year when it hit the fan he was the biggest bully out of everybody. Right now the knicks got the talent they just got to get their heads straight.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter

A game where if this play of Melo is "fine", we aren't going to be doing much as a franchise.

I didn't attack your boy. His play speaks for itself at this point, and it's redundant to hammer him over and over when things are still in a flux.

Just putting it out there that when we lose to MIA in a game that reasonably could have gone another way....and Melo shoots 30% on 20 shots.....shit, maybe that's a major problem.

I'm not going to say he didn't do some things well. But what is this? A 23yr old playing out a rookie contract on a fledgling playoff team?

He wasn't great but he wasn't playing as badly as he has lately?

Don't front and push for a trade to NYC, and help convince our franchise to make a deal to lock yo ass up, and then come here and play "fine" and need your game constantly rationalized.

30% on 20 shots is just shit.

Hopefully Melo gets it all together and starts rolling. But I think there's an issue where you need to hope for that, and we find ourselves still hoping. :2cents:

finestrg

Rotation player
things the knicks need to work on during the so-called mini AS camp they have scheduled

1) Zone defense. It helped for a while in the second and they're have been games lost where Zone defense could of helped. Also Zone defense can help teams with not so great man to man defenders.

2) Back Court combinations to see what they have (baron & lin, Baron & JR, Lin & JR, Shump & Baron, etc)

3) Both PG's need reps with the first and second team.

4) Shump and JR need to practice perimeter Defense because it looks like they are the only two who have the speed to do it.

5) they need to run Lin through some trap practices because it is becoming to easy for teams to force turnovers. even if his response is to jump into a defender and attempt to draw a foul he need to know what to do so teams no longer stymie his offense by trapping.

This game isn't the end all of the season or even a playoff loss. It was a test and the the knicks didn't pass & came away knowing they need work. but they should have some time to work on it.

All good points.

Hey correct me if I'm wrong, but are we not getting caught up in that senseless switching on D all the time anymore? For some reason I don't notice it as much now. Either we abandoned it or it's just less noticeable now that we've upgraded the overall talent level.

Shump's a great defender. Can't wait to get him back.. I gotta say, Fields is a very good perimeter defender, closing out on shooters...I don't feel he gets enough credit for that part of his game. So glad Fields is playing better...He just needs to regain the confidence with his jumper....Like last night against ATL -- someone hit him with a good pass for a wide open elbow 3 and he airballed it badly...He's gotta knock those down...And there are plenty of times he springs open for a J and he's not looking to take it. Very aggressive putting it on the deck again though, which is nice to see.

CA7

Scoring Champ
A game where if this play of Melo is "fine", we aren't going to be doing much as a franchise.

I didn't attack your boy. His play speaks for itself at this point, and it's redundant to hammer him over and over when things are still in a flux.

Just putting it out there that when we lose to MIA in a game that reasonably could have gone another way....and Melo shoots 30% on 20 shots.....shit, maybe that's a major problem.

I'm not going to say he didn't do some things well. But what is this? A 23yr old playing out a rookie contract on a fledgling playoff team?

He wasn't great but he wasn't playing as badly as he has lately?

Don't front and push for a trade to NYC, and help convince our franchise to make a deal to lock yo ass up, and then come here and play "fine" and need your game constantly rationalized.

30% on 20 shots is just shit.

Hopefully Melo gets it all together and starts rolling. But I think there's an issue where you need to hope for that, and we find ourselves still hoping. :2cents:

Im not saying he was great and yes he missed some shots but they were good, in rhythm shots, he also attacked the basket, got fouled(no calls), he ran the floor too and was open in the corner 3 times and didn't get the ball, also under the basket and Lin took it himself and got a charge, point is he played within the system and just didn't convert every shot, its not like he went ISO every time and shot 30%, he played fine damn

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Everyone needs to relax. Watching the Heat was just as amazing as watching the Knicks (considering I'm a knicks fan). The heat are an AMAZING team, man. I can't say it enough. They pass the ball so quickly and almost always find the open man. This team deserves a title, not going to lie.

But let's not overlook the Knicks here. The knicks will grow to be a top contender in the east, there is absolutely no question about it.

Lin was not there tonight. He is the reason for our wins, the reason for our winning streak and the reason the Knicks are going to be contenders soon. Don't look at Lin as though he sucks now. The dude needed a wake up call, he got one and now he will adjust. The kid was scared out of his mind.

This guy Lin is something else man. He's not the type of guy who will get demolished in a game and do nothing to make himself better. The Heat better watch out next time, because Lin will be coming in full force. Trust me. This kid is a fcking player and what champions are made of.

Man this sucked!

We couldn't get a damn stop. They scored on us on every posession.

I hate losing to that trash..........watching Wade and Lebitch win makes me physically sick.

And that SOB Chalmers.....somebody needs to do a Kermit Washington on that little ****er.

Everyone needs to relax. Watching the Heat was just as amazing as watching the Knicks (considering I'm a knicks fan). The heat are an AMAZING team, man. I can't say it enough. They pass the ball so quickly and almost always find the open man. This team deserves a title, not going to lie.

But let's not overlook the Knicks here. The knicks will grow to be a top contender in the east, there is absolutely no question about it.

Lin was not there tonight. He is the reason for our wins, the reason for our winning streak and the reason the Knicks are going to be contenders soon. Don't look at Lin as though he sucks now. The dude needed a wake up call, he got one and now he will adjust. The kid was scared out of his mind.

This guy Lin is something else man. He's not the type of guy who will get demolished in a game and do nothing to make himself better. The Heat better watch out next time, because Lin will be coming in full force. Trust me. This kid is a fcking player and what champions are made of.

**** off!!!

Hyping the Heat on a Knicks forum...shame on you man.

heatchamp45

Banned
Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

Well...

Yesterday we rebounded well and chandler was a nonefactor.

Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

May the best team win.

GO Heat.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lin Finnally played against a championship caliber team and showed his true colors.

Ive always said since the beginning of the year and now even more that you guys have chandler that the knicks only advantage over the heat was the rebounds..

Well...

Haslem and miller are back from injuries from last year and now we are a better rebounding team...Plus battier is playing well as well.

I think we will meet in the east finals....either the knicks or the bulls against the heat.

We'll see. Good luck and stay injury free. Thats one thing i do not wish even on my worst enemy because i know how it feels.

If the heat play the knicks in the finals i wanna face a completely healthy knicks team. Or else even if the heat wins what does it prove. Nothing.

May the best team win.

GO Heat.

crosswalk-middle-finger-o.gif

Number3

Benchwarmer

Well...

May the best team win.

GO Heat.

u Lebrick dickrider... u went throught the whole process of making an account to post shitt up.. your pathetic... your team had more than a year to play together.. we just started half way thru this crazy season... watch when your team comes to the Garden

portega1968

El Cacique
Lin needs a ball handling program, once he gets consistent handles he will dominate but his handles are above average at best and that doesn't cut it for an NBA starting point guard.

I disagree about his handles being that terrible.

Nonetheless, I must admit he is weaker with the left hand dribble and that can definitely improve. But when he is on fire, he shows off some great dribbling.

The real problem from last night? He was too predictable and not as aggressive. Maybe tired from 4 games in 5 days, endless media sessions, a late night flight, etc. But, if we could compare what he did versus the Mavs and Lakers and his demeanor from last night, he didnt have that fire, lacked the attack pose, didnt look to crossover too much, do a spin, etc.

quiggle

Starter
the only thing i didnt like about last nights game is that the heat were up by double digits and Spolestra didnt put in Curry, just to brush some of the bad karma away

Well...

May the best team win.

GO Heat.
This is for the Heat fans that are trolling the site.
http://alturl.com/iacr8

IF YOU'RE A KNICKS FAN DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK! I WARNED YOU!