View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many thefts Shump comes up with tonight.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

10 50.00%

2 10.00%

0 0%
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 132337383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Miami: Feb 23 @ 7:00pm. ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES OF THIS REPLENISHED SEASON.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    But if they dont then i call blow up or fire D'antoni.We are all expecting to get better with time but what if we somehow dont?
    Blow up? Like trade pieces and stuff. I cant agree with that, thats been the problem with us, we have not had a solid roster. Its been changing and shifting for 3 years now. If we don't get it together, than geting a new coach sounds more reasonable. We have the pieces on paper, but unfortunately paper cant play ball.

Originally Posted by smokes
    What does STAT have to do with anything? And I'm not a fanboy, I admit STAT plays like **** most of the season and he needs to be better. I'm urging people to support our players. I support Melo whole heartedly, I don't support the notion he should ISO every trip down the floor like half the Melo fans.

Dallas did exactly the same to Lin. Full court pressure, double team him on the pick n roll, put Marion with his long arms on him. He still performed well.

I believe tonight was mostly due to the constant buildup of pressure on this young man, not to mention the Heat have stupidly fast and athletic players 1 through 4.

I wouldn't sweat it on Lin.

The first and second halves were like night and day. First half, playing against a frustrating defense we continued to move the ball and get some good looks. Second half was 90% ISO and one on one. They continued to move the ball and had wide open shots all over the court.

Tell me Melo fanboys, should we keep letting Melo ISO or should he play within the flow of the offense?
    how do you not understand this?? we had no offensive flow with either BD or lin?? there were multiple times when we HAD to iso melo because we had no other option, we came unprepared for the heats smothering offense and you can see the result being the knicks lost. how are you so quick to put the blame on melo...every single knick wasn't ready for it so iso at times became the only option..

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Lin was absolute goat **** today. But that's not the sole reason the game was lost. Who was picking up Bosh? I lost count of the amount of open shots he was given. Also how many second chance points did they get. Seriously they are not that great. The Mavericks had them in their pockets during the finals.

Worst players of the evening:

Lin and Chandler. They cost us the game.
    Who are you trying to convince? Do you follow the NBA? The Heat have the best record in the league.

Originally Posted by CA7
    I counted Melo's iso's the 2nd half, he iso'd 9 times, 3-6 from the field and the other 3 times he had 2 assists and the other Lin missed the 3 so we got

12points in the 2nd half off of Melo's iso's

now how about Lin our point guard playing one on one
    It's not just about Melo though, do you understand the concept of team ball? When Melo ISO's up all the time it disrupts the flow of our passing game and things become static and stagnant. This has been seen and evidenced for the entire first half of the season before Lin came to fruition.

Melo is great at ISO'ing everyone knows that, but in terms of being great for our team and helping us win, it's not.

So during the first half, when he was scoring from drives, he was a misused star?

Reggie Miller said it best, all the great players can play within any system. Melo is a great player.
    Great players get it done on both sides of the floor. Melo is close to being superstar/great status but he needs to pick up his D. One of my fav players but I can even admit that.

Originally Posted by JS3
    disappointing, not from the loss but from the heart given in the game.

99% that we are in the playoff, we need more games against top guns from the east(CHI, MIA, etc) yes, the schedule is hard, but its good for us because we lack toughness against big and athletics buddies(no homo...).

JLIN will bounce back, i am not sure for Stat, Melo is Melo, he will give us great moments.

7 game streak
    it was great to see the hustle of the 2nd unit + Tyson, but our coach is not men enough to face Amare nor Melo to teach them or explain them that, if it aint broken.....
    STAT and Melo played fine not great but they weren't affecting the team negatively

Lin got raped without KY period BUT he's young and there's a 1st time for everything better now then the playoffs

Tyson IDK man he was horrible tonight, not to mention Shumpert is our D.Wade on D, he makes things happen imagine Shumpert/Smith/Novak coming in together and just straight ballin

they had their full team and an extra day of rest and preparation

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Blow up? Like trade pieces and stuff. I cant agree with that, thats been the problem with us, we have not had a solid roster. Its been changing and shifting for 3 years now. If we don't get it together, than geting a new coach sounds more reasonable. We have the pieces on paper, but unfortunately paper cant play ball.
    But we are in a tough position, if we don't improve we will get bounced in the first round up until Melo and A'mare are in their mid thirties and declining and be a what if team like the 2002 kings,something isn't working but its hard to know whether its all coaching or just the fact that our players cant mesh no matter what.

Originally Posted by elcol
    how do you not understand this?? we had no offensive flow with either BD or lin?? there were multiple times when we HAD to iso melo because we had no other option, we came unprepared for the heats smothering offense and you can see the result being the knicks lost. how are you so quick to put the blame on melo...every single knick wasn't ready for it so iso at times became the only option..
    I'm not blaming Melo for anything. It's not Melo who chooses how the game is played.

Our game plan first half was sound, our game plan second half was flawed.

How can you not understand that our offense, minus the turnovers, was flowing in the first half. In the second half it was stagnant. There's no way to argue this.

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Great players get it done on both sides of the floor. Melo is close to being superstar/great status but he needs to pick up his D. One of my fav players but I can even admit that.
    He wasn't doing bad on D tonight I thought. He needs to bring it every game though not just in the big games.

Originally Posted by c0leworld
    please, please dont blame dantoni or anyone for this game..this game isnt dantoni's fault...this game is no one's fault but a lack of experience. the knicks had 3 games together. the heat have had over 150. anyone who actually plays basketball knows how much better you are when you have a team you are familiar with..

Lin looked scared out there, no question about it. but its fine. I hate to quote Reggie Miller cause I can't stand the dude but what he said is totally true. This game is a blessing in disguise for Lin. Lin went up against the best team in the league and completely failed. but as all the great minds have said throughout the history of the earth, you need to fail to succeed. lebron knows this best.

Lin will bounce back after allstar week, he was NOT playing his game there tonight...he threw the ball to fields and melo and didnt look for the open man whatsoever...its fine, the dude was nervous hes only a rookie (basically)

Cheers for the Knicks, i love this team and expect great things

also Jeremy lin is a super saiyan, did u forget they only get stronger after every battle?
    are we watching the same game here... Dantoni gets all the blame here, show no sympathy

1. He kept Lin in there wayyyy to long when Lin was CLEARLY struggling and Turning the ball over

2. Novak was HOT the 1st quarter and he didn't see playing time on the court again until when???????? 3rd quarter with 3 mins left

3. He keeps our stars on the Bench wayyyy to long, when we CLEARLY need some offense. If your going to go out at least go out with a fight.

4. His lineup decisions are completely terrible sometimes.

5. Dantoni does not motivate this team in any way shape or form.

im not saying i'd do a better job at coaching the team, im not saying we would of won this game with a different coach. but anyone with Eyes can see Dantoni sucks as a coach.

1) They took Lins confidence right at the start with the strip

2) Lin didnt look comfortable all game except at the free throw line.

3) Fields plays scared against Miami

4) We needed more STAT

5) Miami struggles with the Zone. We played none.

6) We need more JR less Fields

7) BDiddy needs to get in much better shape

8) We have to contain Bosh. You cant let all 3 of the big three to get off. Bosh is the easiest to contain.

Give the knicks time. We'll see a different team come playoffs. Don't take a loss to the best team in the league with over 150 games of time to mesh and sort out kinks as a terrible horrible loss.

It sucks to lose, but its fine. its ONE game. No different than beating mavericks or the celtics or the cavaliers or w.e.

we will be a force in the playoffs, i know it. knicks are hungry man...they fell off in the second half...understandable in a b2b, away game against the MIAMI FCUKING HEAT

Originally Posted by elcol

So is it safe to say that DEFENSE wins games??

NOT a "free flowing" (SSOL BS) offense?

It's not just about Melo though, do you understand the concept of team ball? When Melo ISO's up all the time it disrupts the flow of our passing game and things become static and stagnant. This has been seen and evidenced for the entire first half of the season before Lin came to fruition.

Melo is great at ISO'ing everyone knows that, but in terms of being great for our team and helping us win, it's not.
    the fact that you're bringing it up you're saying its his iso'ing that killed us which isn't true, he didn't iso every time he touched the ball, his 1st shot was off of a pick n pop he played within the system and to be honest our guys missed him 4/5 times tonight, regardless of the fact Lin iso'd more than Melo tonight and there's nothin anyone can say about that