The Asian media in postgame

THEY SUCK!

Every Knicks postgame theres some awful Asian woman asking dumb questions to Mike or Lin or Melo, its ridiculous.

They take time away from reporters with legit questions that we can get informative answers from with questions like

"Jeremry rhat prart of the grame do u want us to wratch most?"

Can we get someone to screen their questions and tell them "No you can't ask him this because its stupid you see?"

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, that's part of the hype. Clueless media asking clueless questions just because Chinese bandwagoners want to hear something about Linsanity even if they have no clue about hoops and even if Lintendo doesn't speak Chinese at all...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
LMAO I can't believe there is a thread about this. I've noticed it too and it is annoying but there is nothing we can do and we just have to get use to it from here on.

What got me is when our streak was broken that woman at the post game was like "on to something more important... What kind of alley will you throw to Brake Giffin at the all star game?" (spelled like that on purpose)

Really?! More important?!

You're in the wrong city for that shit lady.

Typing with an asian accent is racist....I don't think that's who you are bro!

I think the questions are more funny than annoying. because Jeremy handles them so calmly and with a pinch of irony :teeth:

I think it's great that so many asian people can enjoy the NBA again, the more people support the Knicks, the better. Bandwagon fans or no bandwagon fans, right now the Knicks are the most supported basketball team in the world, by quite some margin I'd imagine.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

I think the questions are more funny than annoying. because Jeremy handles them so calmly and with a pinch of irony :teeth:

I think it's great that so many asian people can enjoy the NBA again, the more people support the Knicks, the better. Bandwagon fans or no bandwagon fans, right now the Knicks are the most supported basketball team in the world, by quite some margin I'd imagine.

You're 100% right and I apologize for making fun of her accent...

... But it is a little annoying especially when there is only like 5-10 min to answer questions and that's all us as true KNICK fans have to see where our player's head is at after a win/loss and he has to take 2-3 min trying to

1. Understand the question

and

2. Answer it the best he can.

unloopme

Benchwarmer

Kudos bro. Good post. :thumbsup:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
My guess is that these Asian reporters don't normally cover sports. Lin is almost like a movie star to them. That's why you are getting all these paparazzi questions in the postgame press conference.

I, for one, find these questions to be amusing. It's just part of this Linsanity.

Its funny because the questions are so horrible and Jeremy looks so awkward and he's like cringing at how bad the questions are every time they ask him lol.

And anyone who doesn't make fun of the reporters because its not PC is ridiculous. Saying "Chink in the armor" is one thing, making jokes about someone who sounds goofy to you and asks relly stupid questions is just light hearted fun....having siad that

"Reremy what do you thrink about the size of raddishon squar gradren?"

Sage

Rotation player
I actually think it's pretty funny. Like when she asked Kobe if he had any advice for Lin, Kobe was like "Dude nearly scored 40 points on us, he's fine".

It's the player reactions to the silly questions that make it for me.

HRFlossy

Rookie

------------------------------------------------

Plus another thing is that now Every sports show is Talking New York Knicks which is GREAT!!

Flossy out...:thumbsup:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Annoying yes, but they don't know any better. They come from a different country a different culture. Their media is probably a lot different then ours. So I can't be mad at them for it.

They will learn along the way. The lady or man who asked the question last night about "How did you handle athletics and school in college" stated before the question he flew in from Korea that day. I heard sighs in the room from other reporters and even Alan Hahn and Al were making fun of it. Even though I'm not Asian that kind of pissed me off.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
ASIAN POST GAME AFTER LOST TO NETS

REPORTER: "Jerahmay why ywuh lose to no good team"

Lin: "with smirk uhh i wouldn't call the nets a no good team with smirk again they played really well tonight.

Let the asian reporters get some shine to though it's only fair. :thumbsup:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I don't know about you guys but having media from all over the world at NY Knicks post-game press conference is awesome. Would you rather that no one gives a sh*t about how this team is doing?

HRFlossy

Rookie
I don't know about you guys but having media from all over the world at NY Knicks post-game press conference is awesome. Would you rather that no one gives a sh*t about how this team is doing?

-------------------------------------------------

Exactly^^^^^

Yeah all these extra bandwagon fans are a little annoying, but It is Hella cool to be the Talk of the Town Again!!!!!

Flossy out...:thumbsup:

But that's the problem!! they dont give a shit about the team! All they care about is Lin! The Asian media wants to run Carmelo out of town they don't care about the team they just care about "Jeremy Lin: The Movie"!!!! If Lin got traded to ****in Portland the Asian media wouldn't gives a **** about us and thats whats annoying about them, the asian fans, and the bandwagon fans.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Sadly, I kinda have to agree with this one. Some of the Asian reporters are just plain annoying. They ask some stupid questions (like when after a Knicks lost, a reporter asked about the All-Star game and Blake Griffin). Talk about being OFF topic. Jeremy was like, "what the hell?!" reaction. Some of these reporters need to get some training in asking relevant questions.

Secondly, Jeremy Lin is AMERICAN! Get that thru your thick skull. These Asian reporters act as if he's like Yao Ming from China, which he is NOT.

Lin is American. He belongs to the U.S. He doesn't belong to Taiwan or China. These reporters from Asia need to STFU.

Not trying to spread hate on the Asian reporters. They act like Jeremy came from their backyard or something. Lin's race is Asian, that's about it. Lin was bred on U.S. soil on American style basketball. He's not yours. Lin belongs to and represent people/country of America. Jeremy Lin has ONLY American citizenship. He's not a Yao Ming or a Dirk Nowitzki or a Ricky Rubio etc., who hold citizenship in their respective country.

To the Asian reporters: JEREMY LIN IS AMERICAN.

Sorry China/Taiwan, you cannot claim him.