Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA wanted Melo to fail tonight

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Illumnati yo

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    No the refs were terrible and CORRUPT. Knicks play ALL on MOMENTUM and the refs KILLED our momemtum ALL GAME LONG. No NBA team could overcome those garbage calls. NONE!
    Was it the refs' fault that the Knicks lost to the Bobcats and Hornets this season?

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I'm willing to accept Melo's head scratching, bonehead plays, on defense -- as opposed to STAT's straight up absence.

That's the thing that people seem unwilling to point out. Melo overcommits, over plays, makes bad fouls, just makes mistakes on the defensive end....Amar'e straight up just stands there looking lost.

Take Melo's offensive game tonight and throw it out, he's been out for 7 games, and he was moving the ball as much as you can ask a scorer to move it. He obviously needs to clean up his defense, that foul on Brooks for the 4-point play was foolish -- but then, so was Lin's on D-Will. I also saw Melo helping too far off of his man earlier in the game; that needs to be recognized and corrected by the coaches... not many players are going to say "perhaps I should no longer help this far off of my assignment" -- coaches gotta earn their paychecks and coach.

I wanna see Lin be, and stay, more aggressive on wednesday. I wanna see Melo actually convert some of those attempts at the rim, and maybe get a call or two, dude got mauled under the rim tonight. I also wanna see Amar'e not look like Byron Mullens on an off night out there.
    Dude Lin didn't even touch him on BOTH of those D-will And 1's. Lin played fine.

lol even the knicks post game says the calls where whacky

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Was it the refs' fault that the Knicks lost to the Bobcats and Hornets this season?
    We're not talking about those games, we're talking about the Nets game. Stay in context. Knicks lost this game tonight because of bad officiating. That's it. If we had these refs yesterday against Dallas we would of lost by 40.

- rigged refs

- Nobody hitting shots

- missed FT's

- No shump

- Melo/Lin - no practice

- Stat decent game.... but Stat - 17 points 4 rebs humphries 14 points 14 rebs

-Melo = 6 turnovers

- D-WILL lit us up

-Dantoni sucks..

The end

We're not talking about those games, we're talking about the Nets game. Stay in context. Knicks lost this game tonight because of bad officiating. That's it. If we had these refs yesterday against Dallas we would of lost by 40.
    Yeah, but don't you think that the Knicks having a habit of playing terrible to bad teams has anything to do with this loss?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

o well I hope Melo is preparing his anus, the media is about to be all up in dat azz.

It's obvious that the NBA wanted Melo and the Knicks to fail tonight to make headlines tomorrow to make Stern money. We started off unstoppable and then the refs realized it was going to be a blowout and then comes in NJ's 5th, 6th and 7th men... the refs.

First they go after Chandler and call him for a bullcrap tick-tack foul. Then seconds later they call a charging foul on Chandler when he dunked over the defender who was solely in the restricted area. There goes our big man for the 1st quarter. Then every single call the rest of the half went against the Knicks. EVERY CALL! Not only that, the refs would not call ONE foul in the act of shooting.

Lin was getting hacked left and right all game long along with Melo and Stat and NO calls. Then as soon as Chandler comes back in they call him for a foul where he had position for the rebound and grabbed it first but that obviously didn't matter.

Then the 3rd Q starts and less than 2 minutes later... You guessed it, after Chandler gets tossed out of the way by Humphries, Chandler gets called for his 4th foul and then is sent to the bench Again all quarter long the refs reward Deron for flopping after shooting his 3's and call 2 more and 1's on his 3 point attempts. The Nets have been setting moving screens all game and not one was called. Knicks keep driving, getting fouled without the refs calling the foul.

So here we are with another Knicks loss at an attempt to get over .500 and the refs come in and steal the game/momentum from us. Stern and all the media all over the country get to be right about Melo not fitting in with this team. Congrats David, you got exactly what you wanted. #CorruptNBA
    +1 million......

I thought I was the only one to see this. These refs were horrible. Like I said in another post I thought we were playing in the old Boston Garden...

The media doesn't care the media is going to destroy him(Carmelo) so bad

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    - rigged refs

- Nobody hitting shots

- missed FT's

- No shump

- Melo/Lin - no practice

- Stat decent game.... but Stat - 17 points 4 rebs humphries 14 points 14 rebs

-Melo = 6 turnovers

- D-WILL lit us up

-Dantoni sucks..

The end
    Gotta add, that a lot of our players made stupid mistakes.

Chandler getting T'ed up for following Humphries down the court talking ****.

Melo tripping Humphries.

STAT too was lashing out at the very end.

This was all dumb, I get that it's very frustrating to play under such circumstances but we cut it close at the end. There were a million things went wrong for us tonight and any one of them negated could have changed the result.

Gotta be honest, Humphries destroyed us tonight and not just on the stat sheet. He was all up inside our players heads. Scary that Kris ****in Humphries can make us play like that.

Thank you for creating this thread.

I'm usually a well tempered Gentlemen BUT this game had me wanting to start some **** on the way home.

Of course we did damage to ourselves BUT NO TEAM CAN PLAY AGAINST 2 TEAMS ON THE COURT.

8 vs. 5.

9 if you include David Sperm... i mean... Stern.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Gotta add, that a lot of our players made stupid mistakes.

Chandler getting T'ed up for following Humphries down the court talking ****.

Melo tripping Humphries.

STAT too was lashing out at the very end.

This was all dumb, I get that it's very frustrating to play under such circumstances but we cut it close at the end. There were a million things went wrong for us tonight and any one of them negated could have changed the result.

Gotta be honest, Humphries destroyed us tonight and not just on the stat sheet. He was all up inside our players heads. Scary that Kris ****in Humphries can make us play like that.
    If I were playing and he was getting those calls I'd be a headcase too. I think the Knicks were more frustrated at the refs than anything.

You think Humphries let this crew hit Kim K? Maybe that's why they treated him like Bird, MJ and Dr J all rolled into one...

It's obvious that the NBA wanted Melo and the Knicks to fail tonight to make headlines tomorrow to make Stern money. We started off unstoppable and then the refs realized it was going to be a blowout and then comes in NJ's 5th, 6th and 7th men... the refs.

First they go after Chandler and call him for a bullcrap tick-tack foul. Then seconds later they call a charging foul on Chandler when he dunked over the defender who was solely in the restricted area. There goes our big man for the 1st quarter. Then every single call the rest of the half went against the Knicks. EVERY CALL! Not only that, the refs would not call ONE foul in the act of shooting.

Lin was getting hacked left and right all game long along with Melo and Stat and NO calls. Then as soon as Chandler comes back in they call him for a foul where he had position for the rebound and grabbed it first but that obviously didn't matter.

Then the 3rd Q starts and less than 2 minutes later... You guessed it, after Chandler gets tossed out of the way by Humphries, Chandler gets called for his 4th foul and then is sent to the bench Again all quarter long the refs reward Deron for flopping after shooting his 3's and call 2 more and 1's on his 3 point attempts. The Nets have been setting moving screens all game and not one was called. Knicks keep driving, getting fouled without the refs calling the foul.

So here we are with another Knicks loss at an attempt to get over .500 and the refs come in and steal the game/momentum from us. Stern and all the media all over the country get to be right about Melo not fitting in with this team. Congrats David, you got exactly what you wanted. #CorruptNBA
    dude the knicks didn't get any foul calls.... it was horrible thats why players almost got into a fight because they we're letting scrubs foul the whole game and not call it.

F**king stern wants the knicks to have to play a high seated team for that playoff money.

I posted similar sentiments all night on FB. Miss call after miss call

and just like I said they would before the gm hit all zeroes, the media, Steve Kerr was already trying to spin this loss on Melo.

He had nothing to do with the way we defended and played tonight. We were down big in at least 4 of our last 8 gms we just didn't come back tonight.

Shumpter a rookie is sadly our only consistent perimeter defender.

But the refs had it in for us all night