Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA wanted Melo to fail tonight

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    If I were playing and he was getting those calls I'd be a headcase too. I think the Knicks were more frustrated at the refs than anything.

You think Humphries let this crew hit Kim K? Maybe that's why they treated him like Bird, MJ and Dr J all rolled into one...
    Spot on bro. If that was me on the court I'd end up getting a 5 game suspension for throwing punches at the refs. We're not the only ones it's happening to, check out Boston's game yesterday... It was terrible. Rondo got suspended for throwing the ball at the ref he was so mad.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Its clear what happened with the officiating tonight. i hope Antoni or someone takes the fine and comes out and says something

'somebody needs to or I'm afraid this BS will continue

Naah come guys. Nets dropped 15 3's on us and only won by 8. We both had 25 fouls in this game and Nets only shot three more freethrows. We diden't lose because of STAT or Melo. We diden't lose because of Coach or Lin. We lost because The Nets just shot the lights out from downtown. Move On....

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Naah come guys. Nets dropped 15 3's on us and only won by 8. We both had 25 fouls in this game and Nets only shot three more freethrows. We diden't lose because of STAT or Melo. We diden't lose because of Coach or Lin. We lost because The Nets just shot the lights out from downtown. Move On....
    tell that to the media who's gonna destroy Melo which will hurt the team

if the game was called fairly they could have made every 3 and we would have won....their shooting is not the only reason we lost.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Of course the calls were even... They are professionals. But looking at the game our calls were ticky tack and we had to damn near get killed before the whistle was blown.

Momentum was killed left and right and that's how u stop a team that still has some wrinkles to iron out yet still more talent then the opposing team.

Melo got killed 2 straight times, no call, Humphries pushed Chandler. Chandler muscled up and got a foul called on him, Melo got hit in the elbow on a lay up no call, he got thrown by Stevenson and then bodied up on him and got called for a foul, come on man refs killed us this game

I know it hurts to lose to the Nets but dude you gotta move on. Don't let this crap eat you up. We have Hawks and Heat coming up. Let's focus on that. Life's ahead of us. Not behind us...

No no no... don't get any of us wrong in here. Of course this game is over and done with and there is nothing any of us nor the team or organization can do about it.

But as a fan of professional sports I plan on supporting my team and expecting them to go out and compete in a professional setting where both teams are allowed to play their games... and when they break the rules they are both penalized fairly. Not only was this a slap in all our faces but that of the league and professional sports.

and its 12:09 here in NY and I'm done complaining and writing about this ****.

Watch out Hawks.

Yes there was some bad calls in the game but I thought the Knicks looked all out of sinc and did'nt play worth a penny.Humphries got in Chandlers and Melo's head and they made stupid mistakes hurting the knicks the whole game.Bad loss by the Knicks!!
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Feb 21, 2012 at 00:41.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    tell that to the media who's gonna destroy Melo which will hurt the team
    True. No reason to pile on bull****. Flag his ass for how he played tonight, sure; obv needs to play better.

But just one game. Whole new offense, plus I think the main reason Melo looked so wild is because the offense is so much faster and crisp now with Lin, Melo just wasn't acclimated to the sheer velocity of it; in addition to his first game back....nothing can really prep you for that pace till you're in it.

One positive I picked up in this game was Melo's ability to find STAT down in the paint, something that's been severely missing in this offense. Finally! A two-man game is starting to develop between them. I liked the Melo post up then pass to STAT for the dunk. Nice play that takes advantage of STAT's good rolling ability and Melo's post up game.

I was shocked by the refereeing!

They've been 'strange' for quite a while now, but last night was the tip of the iceberg.....I was cursing like mad in front of my TV.......we played bad, yes, but that 'performance' by the refs was disgraceful!