Was this loss a positive?

fakeknicksfan

Benchwarmer
Well, if both your forwards earning $40M/year combined grab equal amount boards your $700K point guard does then you know there was nothing positive about that game. When your superstars score less points than your backcourt sophomores you know that game was as bad as can be. When your best finisher causes almost twice more turnovers than your two ballhandlers combined you know someone has to work on himself. If your offensive beasts with huge contracts shoot under 40% against a bunch of defensive noobs you know someone's overpaid. If your team at its full steam loses to a .294 scrubs you know that game cannot be a positive.

Yeah, fired your super stars and give their salary to the charity. I'll keep my mouth shut.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dantoni is a BUM!

Deron had about 20 points before halftime....Toney Douglas have to be
showcase to raise his trade value, perfect time to use Toney Douglas.
We had Davis, Lin, JR, and Fields in the first half that couldnt do nothing with
Deron....pressure shouldve been put on Deron Williams in the 2nd half to throw
him off.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Dantoni is a BUM!

Deron had about 20 points before halftime....Toney Douglas have to be
showcase to raise his trade value, perfect time to use Toney Douglas.
We had Davis, Lin, JR, and Fields in the first half that couldnt do nothing with
Deron....pressure shouldve been put on Deron Williams in the 2nd half to throw
him off.

seriously how could dantoni let shump's knee swell up when he uses him to stop other elite guards? did no one tell him this game is more important than the last month or two since he came back from that knee injury?

portega1968

El Cacique
Toney Douglas have to be showcase to raise his trade value, perfect time to use Toney Douglas.

Toney Douglas should be nailed to the bench.. playing him could diminish whatever trade value he has left.

Not sure whats wrong with him (maybe his shoulder is still bad), but he just is not playing good at all. Look at him when he guarded Rondo at the beginning of the season, and any of the games he played before getting his well deserved timeout. He got beat by the opposing PGs off the dribble every time.

Nets wont be able to repeat that shit from last night when Shump is back in there. DWill beat us off the ball, going around screens and our guys always went under. Shump does a great job of guarding the off-da-ball guards.

Stop hitting the panic button Kiya... you look like chicken little.

9780736423182.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
The Lin hype is blinding. Don’t let that streak fool you. It’s tough playing against a team without an identity. No one knew what to expect from Lin or the team. Fortunately, it worked out for us because everyone (other than Stat and Melo) wanted to prove their worth. Now with our Stars back in the rotation…Stars who have been the “go to guys” most of their careers are trying to adjust to what’s happening now. It will take time.

edit: Oh...just to add..

There’s no way we continue to win without them…even their experience and support from the bench was very helpful in getting us those wins. None of us can really judge this team just yet. JLin is playing so hard I feel he will collapse on the floor. He’s panting more and showing clear signs of fatigue. If you are sleeping on a couch one day and suddenly get a chance to start on a struggling team the next day....you’ll play extra hard and more focus too. Let’s wait a bit longer b4 either of us make more assumptions.

What’s happening right now is special and out of the ordinary…they will either figure out how to co-exist…or changes will be made…nothing new.

Having a clueless headcoach with no incentive of a strategy or scouting report is
why the Knicks loss at home (MSG) to a tired 3-day 3-game Nets team.

How about win with our two-super-stars in a 10+ man rotation with a run-run
transission plan when our oponents just played the past two nights....
Why do u play a halfcourt offensive game? with no design-plays? no picks or
screens for JR or Melo to score? no boxout for Tyson Chandler to rebound?
Last I recall....
Melo & Stat had a 1-9 record receiving 35+ minutes per game together, before
the addition of Jeremy Lin in the starting lineup.
What teammates do Melo & Stat co-exist with on this Knicks team to receive
35+ minutes coming back from a 6 or 7 game lay off???
We lost to the 6-23 Hornets with Stat

KingCharles34

All Star
Im not sure if this loss was a positive but im 100% sure that Shumperts defense against other elite guards cannot be overlooked. Its a motherfukkin damn shame he aint in that rookie sophmore game

Kiyaman

Legend
seriously how could dantoni let shump's knee swell up when he uses him to stop other elite guards? did no one tell him this game is more important than the last month or two since he came back from that knee injury?

cut it out....Dantoni cant coach more than 7 guys in his rotation....Shump is out
b/c Davis is in. Walker is out b/c JR is in. Somehow when Jorts hurt his wrist
Jefferies was put in the rotation....WAKE-UP!
Dantoni been doing this in Phoenix & New York
Phoenix got tired of trading the first round picks just to trade one of Dantoni's DNP players...

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
cut it out....Dantoni cant coach more than 7 guys in his rotation....Shump is out
b/c Davis is in. Walker is out b/c JR is in. Somehow when Jorts hurt his wrist
Jefferies was put in the rotation....WAKE-UP!
Dantoni been doing this in Phoenix & New York
Phoenix got tired of trading the first round picks just to trade one of Dantoni's DNP players...

omfg you mean injuries force him to use someone different? i'll call nydn, you call the post, we must get to the bottom of this.

Kiyaman

Legend
Im not sure if this loss was a positive but im 100% sure that Shumperts defense against other elite guards cannot be overlooked. Its a motherfukkin damn shame he aint in that rookie sophmore game

Some idiot played Shump as a PG....that's why he's not in the rookie/sophmore game.

We used a three-guard offense to stretch the lead on the Mavs in the 2nd half....
and we couldve used a 3-guard offense in the 2nd half to beat the Nets....

I hear ya Kiyaman, trust me.

I'm just trying to be a little more positive as far as the coach is concerned. Time will tell and my feeling for him hasn't really changed much. I'm just cutting him some slack, atm....hoping the players and coach will work this out.

There's plenty of time left to trash the guy, I just don't think this is one of them times, yet. But the clock is definitely ticking...we will see if that extra time he and Lin brought each other was worth it or not. As of right now...I'm enjoying the winning feeling and the potential we have.

The Nets and Nola game was just examples of lesser teams taking advantage of an opportunity. Everyone plays their A game when playing the Knicks. We just need consistancy in coaching, rotation, and intensity (from all players). The rest will work themselves out eventually...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I hear ya Kiyaman, trust me.

I'm just trying to be a little more positive as far as the coach is concerned. Time will tell and my feeling for him hasn't really changed much. I'm just cutting him some slack, atm....hoping the players and coach will work this out.

There's plenty of time left to trash the guy, I just don't think this is one of them times, yet. But the clock is definitely ticking...we will see if that extra time he and Lin brought each other was worth it or not. As of right now...I'm enjoying the winning feeling and the potential we have.

The Nets and Nola game was just examples of lesser teams taking advantage of an opportunity. Everyone plays their A game when playing the Knicks. We just need consistancy in coaching, rotation, and intensity (from all players). The rest will work themselves out eventually...

its not really the coaching or his game plan anymore, that was the case before Lin came in but now its really just lack of energy and effort from the team and terrible defense at times that's why were losing to ridiculous teams because the Knicks don't give it there all.

quiggle

Starter
it's positive in the sense it tones things back to reality, which is that this team contrary to what those ignorant ESPN halftime commentators say, and that they have flaws still not addressed. it helps to get the full team back now to start losing again to expose what areas still need to be addressed via trade before the deadline. you dont want this team going into the postseason as is.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
+1 for the intruder that always gives an unbiased and on target assessment of what is happening... good to have you on board and may God help your Lakers start their vacations early this spring

Lol Im not an intruder I like the Knicks a lot a close 2nd favorite to the Lakers, but I just try to keep things in perspective and not jump to premature conclusions from game to game.

This loss was bad in that it was a loss to an inferior but lessons can be learned from this loss, we'll see how they respond vs ATL on tomorrow.

quiggle

Starter
not sure how you can root for the Lakers now, they said Buss is like a man on a deserted island with no support whatsoever.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
not sure how you can root for the Lakers now, they said Buss is like a man on a deserted island with no support whatsoever.

Yea since Jerry Buss is so old his son Jimmy has been handling things and he seems incompetent. But regardless I'm always gonna ride with the Lakers even when they suck.

its not really the coaching or his game plan anymore, that was the case before Lin came in but now its really just lack of energy and effort from the team and terrible defense at times that's why were losing to ridiculous teams because the Knicks don't give it there all.

I really don't respect the coaches game plan because it's flawed and wears out our players. My biggest beef was our lack of Defense. Any team can open up their offense once they lock down on D. Defense requires awareness and intensity, get that and you'll get momentum. We never had that intensity until recently. I just hope our guys aren't worn out by the time the playoffs come around.

All these back 2 backs and the tempo we play at will and is taking a toll on the guys...as you can see. If coach opens up the rotation more (resting people and keeping the bench players warm)... i think we'll have an honest shot at it all. Almost any coach in the league would love to have this mix of guys. You just have to know how to use them.

Wargames

Starter
ok a day has passed it was a bad loss that can be attributed to a bunch of factors. Lets let it go. Its not like it was a playoff loss.

Wargames

Starter
it's positive in the sense it tones things back to reality, which is that this team contrary to what those ignorant ESPN halftime commentators say, and that they have flaws still not addressed. it helps to get the full team back now to start losing again to expose what areas still need to be addressed via trade before the deadline. you dont want this team going into the postseason as is.

dude there are no real improvements to be made roster wise. In fact considering the cash situation this might be the best the roster gets in the next 4 years minus rookies drafted which is not a sure thing at all.