Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was this loss a positive?

Veteran

I hear ya Kiyaman, trust me.

I'm just trying to be a little more positive as far as the coach is concerned. Time will tell and my feeling for him hasn't really changed much. I'm just cutting him some slack, atm....hoping the players and coach will work this out.

There's plenty of time left to trash the guy, I just don't think this is one of them times, yet. But the clock is definitely ticking...we will see if that extra time he and Lin brought each other was worth it or not. As of right now...I'm enjoying the winning feeling and the potential we have.

The Nets and Nola game was just examples of lesser teams taking advantage of an opportunity. Everyone plays their A game when playing the Knicks. We just need consistancy in coaching, rotation, and intensity (from all players). The rest will work themselves out eventually...

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I hear ya Kiyaman, trust me.

I'm just trying to be a little more positive as far as the coach is concerned. Time will tell and my feeling for him hasn't really changed much. I'm just cutting him some slack, atm....hoping the players and coach will work this out.

There's plenty of time left to trash the guy, I just don't think this is one of them times, yet. But the clock is definitely ticking...we will see if that extra time he and Lin brought each other was worth it or not. As of right now...I'm enjoying the winning feeling and the potential we have.

The Nets and Nola game was just examples of lesser teams taking advantage of an opportunity. Everyone plays their A game when playing the Knicks. We just need consistancy in coaching, rotation, and intensity (from all players). The rest will work themselves out eventually...
    its not really the coaching or his game plan anymore, that was the case before Lin came in but now its really just lack of energy and effort from the team and terrible defense at times that's why were losing to ridiculous teams because the Knicks don't give it there all.

it's positive in the sense it tones things back to reality, which is that this team contrary to what those ignorant ESPN halftime commentators say, and that they have flaws still not addressed. it helps to get the full team back now to start losing again to expose what areas still need to be addressed via trade before the deadline. you dont want this team going into the postseason as is.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    [B]+1 for the intruder that always gives an unbiased and on target assessment of what is happening... good to have you on board and may God help your Lakers start their vacations early this spring
    Lol Im not an intruder I like the Knicks a lot a close 2nd favorite to the Lakers, but I just try to keep things in perspective and not jump to premature conclusions from game to game.

This loss was bad in that it was a loss to an inferior but lessons can be learned from this loss, we'll see how they respond vs ATL on tomorrow.

not sure how you can root for the Lakers now, they said Buss is like a man on a deserted island with no support whatsoever.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    not sure how you can root for the Lakers now, they said Buss is like a man on a deserted island with no support whatsoever.
    Yea since Jerry Buss is so old his son Jimmy has been handling things and he seems incompetent. But regardless I'm always gonna ride with the Lakers even when they suck.

Veteran

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    its not really the coaching or his game plan anymore, that was the case before Lin came in but now its really just lack of energy and effort from the team and terrible defense at times that's why were losing to ridiculous teams because the Knicks don't give it there all.
    I really don't respect the coaches game plan because it's flawed and wears out our players. My biggest beef was our lack of Defense. Any team can open up their offense once they lock down on D. Defense requires awareness and intensity, get that and you'll get momentum. We never had that intensity until recently. I just hope our guys aren't worn out by the time the playoffs come around.

All these back 2 backs and the tempo we play at will and is taking a toll on the guys...as you can see. If coach opens up the rotation more (resting people and keeping the bench players warm)... i think we'll have an honest shot at it all. Almost any coach in the league would love to have this mix of guys. You just have to know how to use them.

I think all this could resume to POOR SHOT SELECTION !!!!...we can't miss that much !!!

ok a day has passed it was a bad loss that can be attributed to a bunch of factors. Lets let it go. Its not like it was a playoff loss.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    it's positive in the sense it tones things back to reality, which is that this team contrary to what those ignorant ESPN halftime commentators say, and that they have flaws still not addressed. it helps to get the full team back now to start losing again to expose what areas still need to be addressed via trade before the deadline. you dont want this team going into the postseason as is.
    dude there are no real improvements to be made roster wise. In fact considering the cash situation this might be the best the roster gets in the next 4 years minus rookies drafted which is not a sure thing at all.

The positive is, where still in the 8th spot any time we lose to a crap team, thats the only positive i get out of it were still in the playoff race

At the end of the day we have

Lin, Stat , Melo, Chandler

JR off the bench

you know how many coaches on Crap teams would Kill to work with this roaster

there's really no positives out of losing to crap teams, when your starting lineup looks like Lin,fields,melo,stat,chandler. Sorry to say but its true.

its Disappointing more than positive =\

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Lol Im not an intruder I like the Knicks a lot a close 2nd favorite to the Lakers, but I just try to keep things in perspective and not jump to premature conclusions from game to game.

This loss was bad in that it was a loss to an inferior but lessons can be learned from this loss, we'll see how they respond vs ATL on tomorrow.
    despite the plea for seeing the Lakers fail, the rest of my comment was honest... its good to have unbiased comments and I totally agree with your assessment

at least youre not a Celtics fan, that would really make you worthy of a hate crime

it was a positive cause now we know.. Lin is our Franchise player.. his duo is Chandler.. now we build around them... Statue or Melo.. one has to go

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

even if we lose these next two games, there will be lessons learned that will make us stronger in the long run. Sometimes people become complacent after victories, but make a tougher effort after defeats.

On theotehr hand, Im still hoping we get to the point where we are learning from victories!!!

An excerpt from Alan Hahn's blog post today as we look forward to the tough stretch after the AllStar Game (the whole post is a MUST read for all true Knick fans):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Knicks return from the break with a home game against the Cavaliers on Wednesday, Feb. 29. Their next game isn't until Sunday, March 4, at Boston. That leaves six days of practice around that Cavs game to hold a mini training camp with all hands on deck.

That's right, the entire roster should be available, including Josh Harrellson (broken wrist). It'll be something to watch the scrimmages now, with a second unit of Davis, Smith, Shumpert, Harrellson and Jeffries -- not to mention Novak -- taking on Lin, Landry Fields, Melo, Amar'e and Tyson.

When baron davis gets healthier we will see alot of his vintage moves including the x-over