A Plea to Carmelo from his biggest fan

CA7

Scoring Champ
From me to you Melo you gotta work on these 3 things

1. His abs, legs and biceps, if he has stronger abs, he can explode more and thus dunk over guys while also being more fluid in the full court and on D

23 year old Melo(explosive dunker and slasher)
MeloRookie.jpg

25 year old Melo(relaxed, more half court)
Melo5.jpg

2 years difference

He's listed at 230 but I really think he's about 240 or a fat 230 not an athletic 230, he has natural strength so he doesn't need all that weight, his quickness and explosiveness has really fell off and I'm saying this as his biggest fan in the world he needs to tighten up those abs and biceps thats part of the reason he's struggling so much. Also his legs, Melo used to jump rope a lot in Denver which helped his footwork and quickness and now I never see him doing it pre-game, again I cant see his thighs so I dont know if they're strong enough but he needs to lose some of that weight also so he can get his explosiveness and quickness back- YOU BODY IS YOUR TOOL TO YOUR TRADE, WITHOUT THAT YOU CANNOT DO YOUR JOB

2. Movement without the ball, this is another area where you can improve if you work on your body, I rarely see you back cut, catch lobs or run the floor and finish with a thunderous dunk, easy buckets will get you into a rhythm and we all know if YOU get hot then there is no one who can defend you, if you can score 8-12 points a game off of back cuts, coming off screens, lobs and running the floor, get 9 more from the line thats 17-21 points easily, no to mention if you score 10-15 points off of isolation thats 27-36 every night and if you do that efficiently you can focus on rebounding and defending more meaning you'll have 27-36 points, 8-12 rebounds and hold your man to <12-15 points meaning we win games and now you can be mentioned in the top 5-10 conversation instead of the top 15-25 conversation- EASY/IN FLOW BUCKETS>>>>>FORCED/HARD BUCKETS

3. Most importantly HUNGER, Melo will either be remembered with Kobe/LeBron/Wade/Durant or McGrady/Carter/Iverson......he is the best scorer in the NBA but other that he's just average to solid in other areas, I wanna see him become a more aggressive rebounder and defender, his 4 assists a game are fine but he really needs to care about his legacy does he wanna be remembered for rings, winning and dominating or just making the playoffs and scoring 20+ every year- WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR LEGACY TO BE

I just know the type of player you can be and I'm defending you as much as I can but now its up to you to make me either look good or like a fool

CA7

Scoring Champ
lol garden 95 said this and they called him crazy,melo is definitely different from his first few years in the A.

just callin it how I see it, if Melo was a power forward he'd be fine with his size but they're putting quicker guys on him so they stay in front on him and when he posts up all they do is double team him because no one cuts, flashes or fades

just callin it how I see it, if Melo was a power forward he'd be fine with his size but they're putting quicker guys on him so they stay in front on him and when he posts up all they do is double team him because no one cuts, flashes or fades

Strange that Melo struggles with his body fat % so much as a pro athlete...shouldn't really be a problem tbh...he can get everything, the trainers, the workouts, the nutrition, even the chef to cook his meals.

He could and probably should be ripped...maybe too much junkfood? Idk.

I've noticed though that a lot of NBA players are not in top condition as of late, Chris Paul doesn't have 6-pack abs either

compare that to most defensive backs or receivers in the NFL...they're shredded.

quiggle

Starter
hes good physique wise but its the 30 pounds of goofy accessories he wears the drag him down. for once, waer no headband, no arm sleeves, no leg warmers etc.

Toons

is the Bo$$
From me to you Melo you gotta work on these 3 things

1. His abs, legs and biceps, if he has stronger abs, he can explode more and thus dunk over guys while also being more fluid in the full court and on D

23 year old Melo(explosive dunker and slasher)
MeloRookie.jpg

25 year old Melo(relaxed, more half court)
Melo5.jpg

2 years difference

He's listed at 230 but I really think he's about 240 or a fat 230 not an athletic 230, he has natural strength so he doesn't need all that weight, his quickness and explosiveness has really fell off and I'm saying this as his biggest fan in the world he needs to tighten up those abs and biceps thats part of the reason he's struggling so much. Also his legs, Melo used to jump rope a lot in Denver which helped his footwork and quickness and now I never see him doing it pre-game, again I cant see his thighs so I dont know if they're strong enough but he needs to lose some of that weight also so he can get his explosiveness and quickness back- YOU BODY IS YOUR TOOL TO YOUR TRADE, WITHOUT THAT YOU CANNOT DO YOUR JOB

2. Movement without the ball, this is another area where you can improve if you work on your body, I rarely see you back cut, catch lobs or run the floor and finish with a thunderous dunk, easy buckets will get you into a rhythm and we all know if YOU get hot then there is no one who can defend you, if you can score 8-12 points a game off of back cuts, coming off screens, lobs and running the floor, get 9 more from the line thats 17-21 points easily, no to mention if you score 10-15 points off of isolation thats 27-36 every night and if you do that efficiently you can focus on rebounding and defending more meaning you'll have 27-36 points, 8-12 rebounds and hold your man to <12-15 points meaning we win games and now you can be mentioned in the top 5-10 conversation instead of the top 15-25 conversation- EASY/IN FLOW BUCKETS>>>>>FORCED/HARD BUCKETS

3. Most importantly HUNGER, Melo will either be remembered with Kobe/LeBron/Wade/Durant or McGrady/Carter/Iverson......he is the best scorer in the NBA but other that he's just average to solid in other areas, I wanna see him become a more aggressive rebounder and defender, his 4 assists a game are fine but he really needs to care about his legacy does he wanna be remembered for rings, winning and dominating or just making the playoffs and scoring 20+ every year- WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR LEGACY TO BE

I just know the type of player you can be and I'm defending you as much as I can but now its up to you to make me either look good or like a fool

he looks the same to me in both pics. in one, his hands are up, so he's stretching his core, and you wont be able to see what you can see in the second pic.

LeFlume

All Star
No need to worry about Melo. He is fine. He is a scorer and they always find away to score. It's in his dna..:thumbsup:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo is fine weight-wise. He's still has a quick first step and his release is just as good as it was years ago. Just because he doesn't dunk the ball doesn't mean he's any less effective. There's an enormous amount of wear and tear on the knees over the years and sometimes it helps to not always need to put so much strain on them. Sometimes we mistake real life for video games.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think he's not that far from 100%.

To me, this is about the way he handles himself. Stupid offensive foul tonight against Stevenson.

AGAIN with the lazy defense and offense.

AGAIN with the self-distraction on the defensive end because he thought the refs missed a call on the offensive end.

Hardly the exemplifier of a winner's mentality.

He'll be fine, he sees where the team is headed. There's alot of new faces/looks he'll have to deal with. And, without much practice you can only hope to feel each other out during the games. Melo is taken less shots and making strides in the defense department. I see his efforts, but the whole process is going to a little more time.

Once we finally have our core guys in place and our role players cemented... we can only get better. I'm more concern with the coaching than anything else. We have too much talent at our deposal. We have to learn how to use them effectively thru out the game.

portega1968

El Cacique
Strange that Melo struggles with his body fat % so much as a pro athlete...shouldn't really be a problem tbh...he can get everything, the trainers, the workouts, the nutrition, even the chef to cook his meals.

He could and probably should be ripped...maybe too much junkfood? Idk.

Maybe being back in New York he's getting more arroz and habichuelas boricua style. But I doubt the boy is not taking care of his diet.. many articles out there on his training and meal plans.

http://stacktv.stack.com/Basketball...rmelo-Anthony-This-is-How-You-Should-Eat.html

zshopa

Benchwarmer
my honest opinion on melo is:

he is lazy. he is not a bad defender, and we know he is a good scorer, but you watch the game and he spends more energy complaining to the refs and flopping to get pathetic fouls than actually playing. he makes it look like the game should stop so he can plead his case, meanwhile we are getting plowed on the other end.

iJoe

Rotation player
I was really sad because I got pumped up when Melo was fighting with Stevenson. Then he missed a free throw, botched layups and then he just faded to the background.

Timid Melo is definitely not what we want to see. I agree he needs to work out hardcore and prove himself to be a top 5 player.

KingCharles34

All Star
Offensively...i think hes just out of rhythm. He started off the season good, single handedly beat the celtics on Xmas and continued to play good until the injuries began to pile up. Then he missed those couple of weeks so of course its gonna take him a few more games offensively.

Defensively, occasionally he'll play really aggressive but for the most part hes either lazy or not interested. Even if he was in great shape, i dont think this would be any different.

It is frustrating that he rarely contributes defensively but we need him to at least do his thing on offense if we're gonna go anywhere.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Offensively...i think hes just out of rhythm. He started off the season good, single handedly beat the celtics on Xmas and continued to play good until the injuries began to pile up. Then he missed those couple of weeks so of course its gonna take him a few more games offensively.

Defensively, occasionally he'll play really aggressive but for the most part hes either lazy or not interested. Even if he was in great shape, i dont think this would be any different.

It is frustrating that he rarely contributes defensively but we need him to at least do his thing on offense if we're gonna go anywhere.

:agreed: I would even be satisfied if he played good team defense because I think on the ball D would be asking for too much from any of our 20 million dollar men.

quiggle

Starter
Melo is a scorer so he thinks all the points he scores will help overshadow his other shortcomings liek defense and hustle.

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo is a scorer so he thinks all the points he scores will help overshadow his other shortcomings liek defense and hustle.

We've seen more games from Melo this year where he hasnt defended or scored then any other year, resembling his fellow teammate Negative Stats