is there need to be concern with Lin's minutes?

quiggle

Starter
its like hes playing Renaissance Man minutes from last season and it would be a shame if Lin starts getting injured like Stat-ue did near end of season/playoffs. is anyone else think Lin should play less minutes or is he fresh legs enou gh to handle the grind?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Now that Davis is back, yes his minutes should be cut back.
So should others but thats a different topic :thumbsup:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
is their a reason Tony Douglass isnt playing anymore?

Toney just joined Mike D's dog house of scrubs. Toney has no value for us on the floor anymore with Lin and Davis playing. To have him playing at SG is just silly, he wil take away minutes from feilds, JR and Shump.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
is their a reason Tony Douglass isnt playing anymore?
notsureifserious.jpg

quiggle

Starter
well its not like Douglass was being a prick like Nate was, he didnt do anything wrong and at least should be play for show purposes if hes going to be traded. now if either of them gets injured and you need him to come back he should do what Marbury did and say no.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
well its not like Douglass was being a prick like Nate was, he didnt do anything wrong and at least should be play for show purposes if hes going to be traded. now if either of them gets injured and you need him to come back he should do what Marbury did and say no.
Dude lol, you'd be lucky to get a Late 2nd round pick for douglas. Would you really want to put him back in the Lineup so he can brick shots, turn the ball over, and miss layups? who do you replace him with you'll be taking away mins from Shump, JR, and Baron. Dougie only deserves garbage mins at this point.

Wargames

Starter
Toney just joined Mike D's dog house of scrubs. Toney has no value for us on the floor anymore with Lin and Davis playing. To have him playing at SG is just silly, he wil take away minutes from feilds, JR and Shump.

yeah its the infamous dog house. Forget that he was put into a position to fail. Anyhow like you said right now their is a log jam at SG with Fields starting. Shump is the defensive SG and JR is the Scoring one. So what is TD now save a man waiting for JR to get a better contract so he can audition for his role as Scoring SG.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Here's the deal. Lin is playing extended minutes right now because Mike D has realized that we have no serviceable backup aside from BDiddy, who is working back SLOWLY (played 8 min last night).

At one point last night we had NO PG on the floor (I think it was Stat, Jeffries, Melo, JR, and Novak).

I truly believe that once BDiddy gets more acclimated, he will play somewhere in the realm of 24mpg, allowing Lin to play roughly 31-36mpg.

So no, I'm not worried.... as long as the above scenario happens.

SIDE NOTE: Love the circus passes by Diddy!!! Great to see a guy with equal court vision as Lin, just a little more creative right now (then again, give Lin as many minutes as Baron has played in the past years, and I bet Lin will turn out to be pretty crafty as well).

Forrest17

Rotation player
Baron Davis from what I saw can be more than serviceable as a back up PG. He can score and he can make good passes. Though he just needs to stay healthy and get back in rythm