Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think our team would be better with Amar'e coming off the bench?

Default Do you think our team would be better with Amar'e coming off the bench?

First off, this is not an anti-Amar'e thread. Second off, I know this is highly unlikely to happen. Don't get whiny.

I liked our play with Jeffries and Chandler as the starters. It was a great mix of offense and defense (especially a great starting five against the Lakers).

Now let's say Amar'e gets back to his great form, wouldn't this be perfect with Baron on the bench? Baron is a better passer than Lin, and Baron could get back to form this way. If Amar'e doesn't get back to form, Baron could help him, and again, Baron could get back to form this way.

Jeffries also improved offensively.

I would love for this line-up to be given a shot. We'd have a starting caliber team on the bench.

It wouldn't be so bad but I think we'll be a stronger team if Melo and Amare can play great together. The more time they get on the court together the better to build that chemistry.

I dunno if they can, but they should be able to.

Not a bad move, Lin can work the pick and roll with Chandler they already have amazing chemistry & baron and stat can work the pick & roll off the bench. Plus stat off the bench makes our bench even stronger. you can even play stat at center coming off the bench and make it easier on him on the offensive end.

starters
    Lin
    Fields
    Melo
    Jeffries
    Chandler

Bench
    Baron
    Jr
    Novak
    Jorts
    stat

we have a team with melo and stat, you need them to develop chemistry together.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    we have a team with melo and stat, you need them to develop chemistry together.
    Why though? Wouldn't you say Amar'e worked best with Nash? Why would it be better to develop his chemistry with Melo rather than with Baron?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Why though? Wouldn't you say Amar'e worked best with Nash? Why would it be better to develop his chemistry with Melo rather than with Baron?
    its not like you have to pick one person for him to work with. its either lin or baron, AND melo. melo is a great passer. no one can draw more defensive attention than him. it helps both of them.

I sort of agree. Stat isn't working so well with Lin, probably because Lin isn't as creative as Nash. Chandler can get Lin's ball because he is taller, and makes a better screen before cutting in for easy lay-ins.

thatll be like having 2 starting teams

Which would be great.

The problem is his contract and his age. It wouldn't look good on the Knicks to pay a man more than $20 million a season in the second year of his contract to be a second unit player. It would show that the Knicks have given up on his ability to handle starter minutes in the NBA.If Amar'e was a 35 year old player at the twilight of his career and had only 2 years remaining on a multi year contract then it would make every sense in the world to reserve him to a bench role. But he's not even thirty years old right now.The only rational explanation in why the Knicks would make such a decision to turn him into a role player would be that his physical health has deteriorated.I would give it one more year of inconsistency from Amar'e before I remove him from the starting lineup.

we have too many offensive players in our starting line up.. it will be better having Melo and Stat playing with their own line up.... put jeffries as starter... and Stat with a defensive line up.. Shumpert, Harrelson, Smith , Davis

Superstar

Jefferies has been the better player in my opinion the last month without question.

He defends and rebounds better than amar'e. He takes charges and causes turnovers.. He is so limited offensively but offense is amar'es the only thing he normally has over jefferies but right now Amar'e doesn't seem to be anymore skilled on that end than him. He gets blocked by guys half his height and his jumper isn't what it used to be.

Damn that team sounds bad*ss!
    Melo would command the starters while STAT cleans up?
    Sign me up for that!
    The offense would never stop and the Defense would be an amazing second unit

I approve of this!

Jeffries full court pressure and traps can get Knicks opportunity for T.O. Points.

Superstar

If you do that then what happens during the last few minutes of a close game? Do you keep Stoudemire on the bench? Or do you play him with Melo/Lin and risk him being rusty playing with that specific unit.