OFFICIAL support Carmelo Anthony thread! #TeamMelo or GTFO

It's easy to say "Melo is the problem" because Jeremy Lin came in and he's great and he led us to a lot of victories and all but you gotta remember every other victory we got this year we wouldn't have had without Melo.

No one wants to crucify Amare because "Uh he was here first!" but if you want to put a blame on anyone it should be him. He forces offense that isnt there and stops the ball movement, NOT MELO.

Melo led the team in assists before Lin got here and yeah he took a lot of shots but thats because no one else on this team could or was producing at all offensively.

You can say "Oh but he got double teamed and still shot it" and it some cases thats a valid point but in others it was just cases where the shot clock was winding down and he didn't trust the man next to him to make it open over him making it double teamed. I would perfer a Melo fade away to an open Amare jump shot any day. There were a few times where he made mistakes yeah but everybody makes a few stupid plays, even the "Savior" Jeremy has his flaws.

and you wanna know why the media isn't saying "Amare does this bad it's his fault!" or "Lin needs to adjust his game along with Melo" is because the media is trying to run Carmelo out of New York and its disgusting.

To quote Jay Z "With the same sword they knight you, they gonna good night you" and thats exactly whats happening to Carmelo right now. The only reason Melo is the skapegoat is because media is making this story marketable to middle America and Asia.

Middle America because like I've mentioned before in multiple posts, they love to see New York **** up. They hate us, but its really more of the storyline of

"Well hey look they spent all this money and lost all these players for this guy and look at him he sucks! They don't even need him they found a guy just by lookin round the D-League! See you don't need money to get a superstar!"
and thousands of hicks and uneducated sports fans buy into this story and the Melo hate grows across America, and from the stupid bandwagon fans in this city with the Lin t shirts they bought last week.

Now in Asia the story is about LIN LIN LIN. thats all they want to hear about. They can't afford having Melo come back and reclaiming this team as his own and having Jeremy become a dare i say COstar to Carmelo, so the story they are going with is

"Oh Carmelo is a big arrogant American superstar who doesn't like Jeremy Lin and wants to take the ball away from him. You see Carmelo was running the Knicks into the ground and then Lin came around and he saved the team! But Carmelo is jealous arrogant american man and he is jealous of Jeremy's popularity! So when he comes back hes going to try to ruin everything for Jeremy because he hates him and the glorious nation of China! haha"

You see they do that because as much as it seems over here that China LOVES basketball, they don't love the actual sport of basketball as much as we all think.

You see the biggest sport in China is baseball because America brought it over there and it caught on. After that its probably basketball but not because of the actual sport. China loved Michael Jordan for all of his flashy dunks and the movie like storylines that went around with him, China loved Yao Ming because he was Asian., and they love anything asian because he looks like them and I get that.

Jeremy is the perfect combo of two of those things. An Asian with a great movie like storyline that get's people intrested in basketball who never would be. He gets people interested by essentially just being a movie. They don't care about Carmelo's basketball skills! they dont care about the Knicks! they just wanna see "Jeremy Lin: the Movie" continue!

If we traded jeremy to Orlando tomorrow they wouldn't gives a **** about the Knicks or New York! and your following their "crucify Carmelo" bandwagon?!?! What are you people stupid! The guys an Olympic gold medalist, an All Star, and a Native New Yoker...he came here to save us and you are all gonna tear him down like that?!!?!

The ****s the matter with you?

SUPPORT THIS MAN

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I personally support anyone wearing our uniform, until they no longer do. So I support STAT and Melo equally. It's hard for me to understand the hate either of them receive from their own fan-base sometimes...does not compute.

I honestly think that much of the hate Melo gets from the media, or people in general is all an unfortunate residual effect of the Melo-Drama of last year. People may look at him as selfish for "pushing" his way to the Knicks AND getting paid...I personally saw NOTHING wrong with it. TBH, my opinion might be different if it had been another team he wanted to play for...but at least I can admit it.

But yeah, man. We need to support our dudes through good and bad...and I'm NO DOUBT in Melo's corner. I think he's an incredible talent(always have) and Knicks fans should be damn glad he's here!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
MSYhjc.gif

Sorry had to do it lol. :teeth:

Melo all day :gony:

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Divide and conquer

Dissention in the ranks

They would love nothing more than to see us fail!

We must understand a few things:

1. IF THIS is Jeremy's system, tailor made for a PG of his ilk, the he must show leadership qualities and get everyone on HIS page. IF he is a leader he will figure this out, ala Rondo

2. IF Melo & STAT are our quasi-leaders, THEY must get everyone to fall in line and recognize Lin as the floor general

In order this to work, Lin must lead. In order for Lin to lead, he must have the support of STAT & MELO. Lin must be assertive and mae sure to convey that HE IS RUNNING THE SHOW- WHAT HE DECIDES GOES PERIOD. As a true leader Lin must understand he will have to shoulder the blame.

We will be in dissarray until our leaders emerge.

Lin
Melo
Stat
Chandler

This is the time to lead!

elcol

Rotation player
im rooting for melo, stat, lin, fields, and everyone else on the knicks! every one has space to improve. this core group is lethal, all they need to do is build chemistry and work together INSTEAD of pointing figures and claiming that one guy plays no D or the other guy forces offense. the knicks can only get better through practicing and improving

#teammelo :afro:
#teamknicks:gony:

p0nder

Starter
Sign me up.

I think this team as it is currently has contender written all over them. LIN FIELDS MELO STAT TYSON are all quality players with all-star capabilities. Forget about pitting Melo vs STAT or Melo vs. Lin or w/e bullshit the media might try to throw at you. True fans watch the games and make up their own minds.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I agree with everything the OP is saying but Amare shouldn't get the blame either both guys need to be supported.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
It's easy to say "Melo is the problem" because Jeremy Lin came in and he's great and he led us to a lot of victories and all but you gotta remember every other victory we got this year we wouldn't have had without Melo.

No one wants to crucify Amare because "Uh he was here first!" but if you want to put a blame on anyone it should be him. He forces offense that isnt there and stops the ball movement, NOT MELO.

Melo led the team in assists before Lin got here and yeah he took a lot of shots but thats because no one else on this team could or was producing at all offensively.

You can say "Oh but he got double teamed and still shot it" and it some cases thats a valid point but in others it was just cases where the shot clock was winding down and he didn't trust the man next to him to make it open over him making it double teamed. I would perfer a Melo fade away to an open Amare jump shot any day. There were a few times where he made mistakes yeah but everybody makes a few stupid plays, even the "Savior" Jeremy has his flaws.

and you wanna know why the media isn't saying "Amare does this bad it's his fault!" or "Lin needs to adjust his game along with Melo" is because the media is trying to run Carmelo out of New York and its disgusting.

To quote Jay Z "With the same sword they knight you, they gonna good night you" and thats exactly whats happening to Carmelo right now. The only reason Melo is the skapegoat is because media is making this story marketable to middle America and Asia.

Middle America because like I've mentioned before in multiple posts, they love to see New York **** up. They hate us, but its really more of the storyline of

"Well hey look they spent all this money and lost all these players for this guy and look at him he sucks! They don't even need him they found a guy just by lookin round the D-League! See you don't need money to get a superstar!"
and thousands of hicks and uneducated sports fans buy into this story and the Melo hate grows across America, and from the stupid bandwagon fans in this city with the Lin t shirts they bought last week.

Now in Asia the story is about LIN LIN LIN. thats all they want to hear about. They can't afford having Melo come back and reclaiming this team as his own and having Jeremy become a dare i say COstar to Carmelo, so the story they are going with is

"Oh Carmelo is a big arrogant American superstar who doesn't like Jeremy Lin and wants to take the ball away from him. You see Carmelo was running the Knicks into the ground and then Lin came around and he saved the team! But Carmelo is jealous arrogant american man and he is jealous of Jeremy's popularity! So when he comes back hes going to try to ruin everything for Jeremy because he hates him and the glorious nation of China! haha"

You see they do that because as much as it seems over here that China LOVES basketball, they don't love the actual sport of basketball as much as we all think.

You see the biggest sport in China is baseball because America brought it over there and it caught on. After that its probably basketball but not because of the actual sport. China loved Michael Jordan for all of his flashy dunks and the movie like storylines that went around with him, China loved Yao Ming because he was Asian., and they love anything asian because he looks like them and I get that.

Jeremy is the perfect combo of two of those things. An Asian with a great movie like storyline that get's people intrested in basketball who never would be. He gets people interested by essentially just being a movie. They don't care about Carmelo's basketball skills! they dont care about the Knicks! they just wanna see "Jeremy Lin: the Movie" continue!

If we traded jeremy to Orlando tomorrow they wouldn't gives a **** about the Knicks or New York! and your following their "crucify Carmelo" bandwagon?!?! What are you people stupid! The guys an Olympic gold medalist, an All Star, and a Native New Yoker...he came here to save us and you are all gonna tear him down like that?!!?!

The ****s the matter with you?

SUPPORT THIS MAN

I believe what really pains you die hard Melo fans is that he isn't needed. We won 7 straight without him. I'm willing to support him being here, but his days of being "the man" are over. This is a team sport. That is why Linsanity has taken over. He doesn't take the game into his own hands. He makes those around him better and gets them involved.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I believe what really pains you die hard Melo fans is that he isn't needed. We won 7 straight without him. I'm willing to support him being here, but his days of being "the man" are over. This is a team sport. That is why Linsanity has taken over. He doesn't take the game into his own hands. He makes those around him better and gets them involved.

if its a team sport then why does everyone only talk about Lin and not Chandler, Jeffries, Novak and Shumpert all the guys who had parts in that winning streak

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I think blame being placed on Melo for stagating our offense or being a ballhog are completely unfair.

1. He was asked to play point-forward, and was clearly uncomfortable with the responsibility of running the offense. If it seemed like he had the ball in his hands too much, it was because he was asked to. But when Melo has the ball in his hands he's used to receiving it and then finishing. If he always has the ball in his hands, he's always going to do what he's used to doing. Seems like simple logic more than selfishness.

2. He often wasn't getting enough support from the bench or even other starters and I think he felt undue pressure to shoulder the burden himself. No one can argue with the fact that Melo is the main man in NY. The fundamental change in this team during the Linsanity run without Melo and Amar'e is that the supporting players proved that they had what it took. Now someone like Melo can come back and move the ball around with full confidence that their teammates can do something productive with it. Let's be honest, if you were Melo and you saw that you could pass it to Douglas or Fields (pre-Lin), would you be jumping at the chance to give the ball to those black holes?

Reactions: CA7

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think blame being placed on Melo for stagating our offense or being a ballhog are completely unfair.

1. He was asked to play point-forward, and was clearly uncomfortable with the responsibility of running the offense. If it seemed like he had the ball in his hands too much, it was because he was asked to. But when Melo has the ball in his hands he's used to receiving it and then finishing. If he always has the ball in his hands, he's always going to do what he's used to doing. Seems like simple logic more than selfishness.

2. He often wasn't getting enough support from the bench or even other starters and I think he felt undue pressure to shoulder the burden himself. No one can argue with the fact that Melo is the main man in NY. The fundamental change in this team during the Linsanity run without Melo and Amar'e is that the supporting players proved that they had what it took. Now someone like Melo can come back and move the ball around with full confidence that their teammates can do something productive with it. Let's be honest, if you were Melo and you saw that you could pass it to Douglas or Fields (pre-Lin), would you be jumping at the chance to give the ball to those black holes?

^This, This and more this

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
if its a team sport then why does everyone only talk about Lin and not Chandler, Jeffries, Novak and Shumpert all the guys who had parts in that winning streak
They are indirectly addressed when the media talks about Lin's high number of assists. Who do you think Lin is passing to? Actions speak louder than words. Lin doesn't put up sick points himself. He's averaging about 21 pts per game. He does his part while getting others involved. I will take that kind of player over some selfish asshole that can easily put up 40+ points as an individual (Rose, Bryant, Westbrook, etc.).

CA7

Scoring Champ
They are indirectly addressed when the media talks about Lin's high number of assists. Who do you think Lin is passing to? Actions speak louder than words. Lin doesn't put up sick points himself. He's averaging about 21 pts per game. He does his part while getting others involved. I will take that kind of player over some selfish asshole that can easily put up 40+ points as an individual (Rose, Bryant, Westbrook, etc.).

in no way shape or form is Lin in their category Melo is on top of that Melo has the teams best defender on him every night, Lin doesn't

wait why am I doing this

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I get the feeling a lot of the time Melo had the fans on his mind every time he got the ball and that's why he passed a lot. He knew that he needed to move the ball, but I have a feeling the fans think he should never hold on to the ball more than three seconds. Before Linsanity began there was a couple or so games where I understood it, but he wasn't wrong, he had to adjust, and plus it's not like the other players were helping much on offense.