OFFICIAL support Carmelo Anthony thread! #TeamMelo or GTFO

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Our offense works well when everyone is getting to the basket and creating space as a result of it.

Well gee...what player whose name rhymes with Barbello Banthony happens to be one of the best players in the entire league at getting to the lane and creating space for other places?

Oh snap.

Also don't look now but we've quietly assembled a pretty awesome bench. As Baron plays more, the second unit is going to be quite awesome.

iJoe

Rotation player
Oops meant to post here...

Our offense is predicated on movement and creating mismatches with early transitions before the defense can settle. It works well at times, but we suffer big time when teams slow down the ball. Pick and rolls work well, but the guys away from the play need to learn how to move as well. Lot of our players still look a bit lost, but we're getting there.

Melo should not be ISO unless its against a mismatch. He needs to post up vs. mismatches a lot more like how Lebon bon has learned to. Guy is unstoppable in the post without a double team and Melo is a good enough to find someone open or score. Some off ball screens positioning Melo in the post would work wonders.

Last thing any of us want is Melo dribbling out the clock past the three point line. Almost wish they would Josh Smith him and forbid him from taking threes for a few games just to see what happens.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
#TeamMELO all day everyday.. He's gonna be the main piece to the puzzle. The team's chances for a championship relies on his play.

metrocard

Legend
6sg9ld.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
O&B

Does #TeamMelo support Amar'e Stoudemire and the season he's having? :shrug:

No one wants Melo to fail. He's a Knick; regardless of the manner in which he became one.

The better he plays, the better the orange and blue blood courses through our veins.

If he plays poorly or omits a demeanor that I don't think is benefiting of his income though, I'll bash on him as he deserves. He can thank Jeremy Lin for the team being better, and when it's his turn to shine, he'll have to earn the adoration that superstars garner.

Here's to a stellar rest of the season for Carmelo!

Tonight when LeBron and Wade shut down Lin and start putting double teams on him, and Amare is getting dunked on and outran by Bosh, ALL of you people who say "We don't need him here" will be thanking GOD we have the man here. Because he is STILL the best scorer in the world, the most unstoppable offensive machine in the world, and when he plays LeBron he makes him his own personal bitch. You will all be saying or thinking "Thank God we have Carmelo Anthony'.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;211205 said:
Does #TeamMelo support Amar'e Stoudemire and the season he's having? :shrug:

No one wants Melo to fail. He's a Knick; regardless of the manner in which he became one.

The better he plays, the better the orange and blue blood courses through our veins.

If he plays poorly or omits a demeanor that I don't think is benefiting of his income though, I'll bash on him as he deserves. He can thank Jeremy Lin for the team being better, and when it's his turn to shine, he'll have to earn the adoration that superstars garner.

Here's to a stellar rest of the season for Carmelo!

Exactly. I couldn't care less who scores 25 and who scores 10 all that matters is we win. If Melo scores 10 points and plays team basketball and we win the game then why should anyone be mad about that? Or mad at him for only scoring 10 points?

Melo is a great offensive player and he's not gonna stop having the ability to break out for 30pts just from playing some team ball.

smokes

Huge Member
Tonight when LeBron and Wade shut down Lin and start putting double teams on him, and Amare is getting dunked on and outran by Bosh, ALL of you people who say "We don't need him here" will be thanking GOD we have the man here. Because he is STILL the best scorer in the world, the most unstoppable offensive machine in the world, and when he plays LeBron he makes him his own personal bitch. You will all be saying or thinking "Thank God we have Carmelo Anthony'.

It's like you want Lin and Amare to fail so your man Melo can step up and prove himself :eek:hboy:

No. All of our players are gonna need to play well tonight to beat the heat.

It's like you want Lin and Amare to fail so your man Melo can step up and prove himself :eek:hboy:

No. All of our players are gonna need to play well tonight to beat the heat.
No I don't want them to fail, but there is a chance they will. and if they do you'll all see what my man Melo can do, im just sayin lol

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lin might be our best scorer, but I understand where you're coming from.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
if its a team sport then why does everyone only talk about Lin and not Chandler, Jeffries, Novak and Shumpert all the guys who had parts in that winning streak
Its the media, and when they are interviewing Lin, he always give credit to his teammates.

Melo is a great player but sometime he force too much of the issues.