Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
JR Smitty is the player of the game for me.

Dude was defending all night long and came up with alotta steals.

Also, BDiddy and JR have some chemistry going on now. Same with Lin and Fields. :smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter
Safe to say JR was a worthwhile addition.

The depth he gave us in case of injury to Fields or Shump (ahem) was worth the 2.5 alone.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
There are some really negative people on here damn.... We're up 20 and people still look for something to blame on Dantoni. I don't know how many people on here are Pro Basketball head Coaches but I'm going to assume none. The guy obviously knows what he's doing for him to be at that level and if he does get fired at the end of the season I can almost guarentee he will be picked up by another team.

Now if you ask me, are you a fan of Dantoni? My answer is simple....No

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I don't see us getting JR back for next season though. Unless he takes a major pay cut like Haslem did in Miami. We have to resign Fields and Lin too.

Maybe BDiddy?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The f*ck is taking D'Antoni so long to get Jordan some minutes?

Doesn't he know how valuable he could be and recognize when the opportunity presents itself?

He sees the difference a big makes in TC, and this dude waits til' a minute left in a blowout. SMH

problem is Jordan sucks. i think d'ant understands that.

Forrest17

Rotation player
There are some really negative people on here damn.... We're up 20 and people still look for something to blame on Dantoni. I don't know how many people on here are Pro Basketball head Coaches but I'm going to assume none. The guy obviously knows what he's doing for him to be at that level and if he does get fired at the end of the season I can almost guarentee he will be picked up by another team.

Now if you ask me, are you a fan of Dantoni? My answer is simple....No
Yeah I don't get it either. There are a lot of things going on that we don't know about that could be influencing his small decisions or whatever so I don't get what the point is in complaining about it. We won, by a lot, and the decisions D'Antoni made this game contributed to that.

smokes

Huge Member
Safe to say JR was a worthwhile addition.

The depth he gave us in case of injury to Fields or Shump (ahem) was worth the 2.5 alone.

I don't wanna read too much into it due to the fact Atlanta were practically trying to throw us the ball but JR was active all game on D, dived on the floor for a few of those steals, all that good stuff.

The only bad thing I can say is he hoisted a couple of crappy fadeaways but it was a blowout so who cares?

Those alley oops with Baron????

drooling_homer.gif

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
And to think this is w/o Shump....

Our defense could be legit top 10 in NBA. To go along with a top3 offense.

And the individual makeup of our team is championship caliber:

Depth
Defensive leadership from the 5
Defensive stalwart to guard the stud 1's and 2's in today's NBA
An elite closer and clutch shooter
A difficult to guard, offensive big
3pt snipers.

Yeah while the Knicks play some lockdown defense they also play sloppy ass defense and bad defense at times, same for the offense it has to start becoming more consistent

nyk_nyk

All Star
Cosign... He's a guaranteed turnover, looks like a fish out of water. Needs a few years in the Dleague to secure a nice contract in China.

Seriously yo

Dude plays crappy minutes and you talk about his game like you can really get anything out of it in that small amount of time. How quickly people forget about the Lin story.

portega1968

El Cacique
I suspect JR will explode tomorrow in Miami from downtown... Just a warmup before he tears up the clubs on South Beach. knicks gonna get the W in a battle for the ages... cANT WAIT DAMMIT

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow I remember you saying the same thing about Lin. Shall I post it here for you? Calm down man.

we know you're good at that. easier for you than to actually make a point of your own. we know youre challenged in that area.

gimme a break man smh

I know your butt hurt from all the flack ive been giving you this past week, but no one knew Lin'd be this good, not the coach, not you, not grunwald, not jerry west, anybody in houston, the d-league. nobody. STFU..

plus I admitted i got it wrong already, along w everyone else. should i post that??

i man enough.. what about you???

portega1968

El Cacique
Dude plays crappy minutes and you talk about his game like you can really get anything out of it in that small amount of time. How quickly people forget about the Lin story.

I understand your point... But this guy sucked in one of europes weakest leagues. Cant compare him to Lin who had won at various levels and still was ignored. A guy with jordans size and lin's achievments would not have ended up in the second round. Im no expert, but lightning doesnt strike twice in the same place and Jerome Jordan will fade into obscurity. Time will tell if I was wrong, so we can agree to disagree bro

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

oh please. the lin cinderella story happens once in generation.

don't go there with jordan dude.

CA7

Scoring Champ
lmao D'Antoni said Landry was our best +/- guy........hahaha he was -1

also poor Toney he didn't even get garbage minutes

portega1968

El Cacique
lmao D'Antoni said Landry was our best +/- guy........hahaha he was -1

also poor Toney he didn't even get garbage minutes

CA7, that play in your sig I saw it develop from the start... You can see Lin as he moved to the middle to open up the way for Anthony and then BANG the perfect pass.

Beautiful music