Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Logos0222.png

STARTING LINEUPS

Hawks0222.png

Knicks0222.png

MEDIA CORNER

Exactly one year ago, the New York Knicks acquired Carmelo Anthony in the hopes that he could revive a flagging franchise.

At least for the time being, Jeremy Lin and the phenomenon that is "Linsanity" is having a greater impact.

With the All-Star break looming, Anthony and Lin get another chance to form some chemistry as the Knicks face the sputtering - and potentially short-handed - Atlanta Hawks at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday night.
New York (16-17) felt it needed to acquire a bona fide superstar to turn the corner and become a factor in the Eastern Conference. That led the Knicks to land Anthony from Denver in a three-team, 13-player blockbuster trade Feb. 22, 2011.
Anthony helped New York reach the playoffs after a six-year absence, but the resulting good feelings and high hopes were tempered by an 8-15 start to 2011-12.
Lin has almost single-handedly changed that this month.
After he got released twice in December, the point guard has emerged from obscurity to average 24.6 points and 9.2 assists during an 8-2 run that has returned New York to playoff contention.
Anthony, who missed seven games of the current hot streak with a groin injury, is trying to prove he can coexist with Lin and allay growing fears that he may be a disruption.
He returned from the injury Monday but didn't provide a convincing answer to those fears, scoring 11 points as the Knicks fell 100-92 to New Jersey at MSG. Lin finished with 21 points, nine assists and seven rebounds.
"We're not in panic mode, because it doesn't just work where all of sudden people show up and you have great chemistry," Lin said. "So we're going to have to work through some struggles, so as long as we're all committed and buying in, we'll be fine."
Anthony claims he's buying in.
"As far as identity we've had last couple weeks, it was there," Anthony said. "I don't think nothing is going to change. There's going to be an adjustment. New roles. New guys.
"I want Jeremy to have the ball. Hands down. I want him to create for me. I want him to create for Amar'e (Stoudemire). I want him to create for everybody and still be as aggressive as he's been over the past two weeks. I want that."
Anthony and Lin have two more chances to work together before the All-Star break. The Knicks visit Miami on Thursday after hosting Atlanta (19-13).
"We have to get this thing sorted," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "We have to figure out the type of team, the identity we have to have."
Anthony is averaging 24.3 points in 14 career meetings with the Hawks, but had just 14 while dishing out seven assists and grabbing seven rebounds in a 92-79 win at Atlanta on March 6 in his only matchup since joining New York.
The Knicks and Hawks split four meetings last season, with each team winning once on the other's home court.
Atlanta has dropped seven of 10 overall and may be forced to play without Joe Johnson, who is doubtful because of tendinitis in his left knee. The All-Star, who leads the Hawks with 17.6 points per game, had 12 before exiting in the third quarter of Monday's 90-79 defeat at Chicago.
"Nobody is to blame, but everybody is to blame," coach Larry Drew said. "We all have to put ourselves in one foxhole and figure it out together."
Josh Smith, who had 17 points and 12 rebounds Monday, may carry a heavier load if Johnson can't go. Smith is averaging 20.0 points and 7.6 boards in his last seven visits to MSG.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120222/ATLNYK/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100492

SOUNDTRACK

OFFICIAL CHILLOUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

moi-o.gif

THIS GAME THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder-1.png

3541470955_7b82d58fb1.png

LINNING STREAK STARTS HERE!

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
No Joe johnson tonight, but this is not a game we can relax on. Teague been ballin lately.

Keep Pachulia off the glass

Stat please dont let josh Smith make you look like a fool he's capable of doing just that, cant leave him open either he's capable of knocking down the mid range shot.

i think if we can control teague & control the boards we will win this.

& nice game thread & chill machine #repped =p

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Thats funny.....yet sadly true!:teeth:
No Joe johnson tonight, but this is not a game we can relax on. Teague been ballin lately.

Keep Pachulia off the glass

Stat please dont let josh Smith make you look like a fool he's capable of doing just that, cant leave him open either he's capable of knocking down the mid range shot.

i think if we can control teague & control the boards we will win this.

& nice game thread & chill machine #repped =p

smokes

Huge Member
Nice game thread man have some green! :smokin:

Well this game is pretty big after the loss I don't think we're gonna play weak pussy ass ball like that night.

Lin - Penetrate
Melo - score the easy buckets
STAT - play better
Baron - stop the fancy shit
JR Smith - as above

I'm pretty excited for this game!

tiger0330

Legend
Clearly the Knicks are the better team on paper but that was the case with the Nets. Another loss tonight with both Melo and Stat in the starting lineup and I would be thinking of bringing one or both of them off the bench and start the guys we have been winning with.

p0nder

Starter
I don't know why people over look this game for the Heat game. This one is huge and just as important to our playoff standing, maybe more so. Knicks need a win here. I'm confident in a Knicks win. STAT usually has huge games against them and he likes to bring the pain against Al and Josh Smith. I think we'll see him with a big one and Melo should get his 20 points. Lin needs to distribute the ball well and we need to hit our 3's. I'm hoping that JR stays hot.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
The team has to play like there opponents are scared to play them because of the talent and roster and the big men, basically like how the Heat are

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The team has to play like there opponents are scared to play them because of the talent and roster and the big men, basically like how the Heat are
only thing opponents fear on the knicks is tyson chandler, funny thing is he's probably the most humble guy on the knicks until he gets on the court.

Teams are going to be more eager than scared to play us

EVERYONE wants a piece of linsanity

it's like with the heat everyone was more eager than scared to beat the big 3, but it'll all simmer down eventually

fakeknicksfan

Benchwarmer
If melo does not perform tonight can we just break his leg and kick him to the curb? We don't need him to mess up the good chemistry.

metrocard

Legend
Atlanta has no center...we have to utilize Chandler in this game...total mismatch for ZaZa. Need to play an inside - out game.

iSaYughh

Starter
Atlanta has no center...we have to utilize Chandler in this game...total mismatch for ZaZa. Need to play an inside - out game.

With the damage Tyson should do this game, there is no excuse for STAT to shoot less than .600 for the game, IMO. No more of this pussyass 8/18 type shit, with a few boards.

I expect a high 3pt % for us, a meaty game by Tyson, and a very efficient game by STAT.

Wouldn't call it make or break game for Melo, but for his sake I hope he produces nice and efficiently.

CA7

Scoring Champ
1 thing we need to improve on is we need to stop trying to turn our stars into role players and role players into stars, we need to run things through STAT and Melo like I said before the 1st play of the game should be a back pick by Melo for STAT with STAT going to the basket for a lob or if the defense bites, Melo pops out for an easy jumper

LeFlume

All Star
1 thing we need to improve on is we need to stop trying to turn our stars into role players and role players into stars, we need to run things through STAT and Melo like I said before the 1st play of the game should be a back pick by Melo for STAT with STAT going to the basket for a lob or if the defense bites, Melo pops out for an easy jumper

Worth a rep point. I cosign on this.. :agreed:

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer

Ahh, but "the right system can turn a role player to a superstar"

-Joe Budden

Reactions: CA7