Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

Thumbs up

lin is actually pretty honest with the media. he said: "I think he's (melo) doing a great job of drawing two and kicking and scoring when he needs to score, running the lane.."

what was i saying about melo needing to get better at making the quick decisions this offense requires earlier today?

he made some better ones tnite, but i think there's still room for improvement.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I'm curious, would you wanna see Melo ISO'ing and taking a contested jumper from his spot, or for him to pass out of it if he sees an opening?
    he doesn't know what he's talking about smokes.. really. he doesn't know.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    lin is actually pretty honest with the media. he said: "I think he's (melo) doing a great job of drawing two and kicking and scoring when he needs to score, running the lane.."

what was i saying about him needing to get better at making the quick decisions this offense requires earlier today?

he made some better ones tnite, but i think there's still room for improvement.
    but Melo isn't the drive and react type which is why he had 2 early turnovers, he catches and holds to see what the defense is doing then attacks, its play like that we're going to need in the playoffs but for now, pass/cut and run is what he should focus on, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we have nothing going or if we start off flat then Melo should get the ball and play his game

I for one loved the way he played tonight

Great win for the Knicks. Hopefully they bring this energy tomorrow.

Originally Posted by CA7
    but Melo isn't the drive and react type which is why he had 2 early turnovers, he catches and holds to see what the defense is doing then attacks, its play like that we're going to need in the playoffs but for now, pass/cut and run is what he should focus on, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we have nothing going or if we start off flat then Melo should get the ball and play his game

I for one loved the way he played tonight
    he needs to not do the bolded for 3 1/2 quarters. maybe in the forth he can do some of his hero basketball when we need a bucket as Doc Rivers likes to say. i personally want lin with the ball in a big spot in the forth tho. maybe it ends up in melo's hands, but i want lin making the decision in the big spot.

seriously on this team w all of the talent we have, melo needs to become more of an uber efficient, solid defending, excellent decision making, system player who elevates his game only when needed. knowing when to do that is kind of an art. paul pierce and kobe have it down pat.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    he needs to not do the bolded for 3 1/2 quarters. maybe in the forth he can do some of his hero basketball when we need a bucket as Doc Rivers likes to say. i personally want lin with the ball in a big spot in the forth tho. maybe it ends up in melo's hands, but i want lin making the decision in the big spot.

seriously on this team w all of the talent we have, melo needs to become more of an uber efficient, solid defending, excellent decision making, system player who elevates his game only when needed. knowing when to do that is kind of an art. paul pierce and kobe have it down pat.
    you must not be watching Kobe right now LMAO

anyway Melo has to be Melo he cant be Fields, he has to look to score, rebound and defend but when the games on the line or 5 minutes left in the 4th tied game vs Chicago/Miami Melo has to be "THE GUY" like I said I love the way Lin is playing and Melo has been asked to do too much this year with not help but once he regains form and finds his rhythm he is our guy in the 4th no one else

thats the thing about this Lin ****, he's been doing it for 2 weeks Melo has been doing it his whole career

Originally Posted by CA7

anyway Melo has to be Melo he cant be Fields, he has to look to score, rebound and defend but when the games on the line or 5 minutes left in the 4th tied game vs Chicago/Miami Melo has to be "THE GUY" like I said I love the way Lin is playing and Melo has been asked to do too much this year with not help but once he regains form and finds his rhythm he is our guy in the 4th no one else

thats the thing about this Lin ****, he's been doing it for 2 weeks Melo has been doing it his whole career
    You put way too much faith in this guy. We'll see what he does tomorrow. It'll be a defining game for him and the team.

Originally Posted by LA KNICKS GUY
    You put way too much faith in this guy. We'll see what he does tomorrow. It'll be a defining game for him and the team.
    Too much faith in the statistically most clutch player since he came into the league...yep.

Few quick hits here... loved the win for starters, combined with celts and sixers losses, hell yeah. Agree with most posts, hate to be the guy to jump in late and argue, don't mean it as argument, just my thoughts to share...

CA7- I think he's a great poster, but he's a serious homer for Melo, we all now it, that said, sorry guys, I agree with him completely here that while Lin is great and will take us to a new level, Melo is our primary scorer and should see the ball more than just being a catch and shoot wing player.

Rono- Based on what that you have seen does Jerome Jordan suck balls? He did not suck in Serbia, they liked him alot, wanna say he was going for 15-7 in like 22 minutes or something, and they are notorious for bringing young bigs along slowly. No one here thinks he's the next Jeremy Lin, but I think he's worth more looks, I think he could be valuable, he has finished well at rim, been able to block a shot here and there, he could be a solid 8-12 minute big off the bench in some situations, Tyson is getting big minutes compared to what he normally got, and we need him to last a few years here!

Positive notes, we beat a team ahead of us, there is plenty of reason for optimism, and our bench has unreal potential with Novak, JR, Baron, Shump, Jorts, Jeffries, we could be very very tough by April

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Too much faith in the statistically most clutch player since he came into the league...yep.
    History is that. History. What matters is now and the future. He better show up tomorrow. Carmelo and STAT have been major disappointments since their returns. 7 straight wins w/out these cats says a lot about their value on the team.

lmao I put to much faith in this guy

come on dude he does this

History is that. History. What matters is now and the future. He better show up tomorrow. Carmelo and STAT have been major disappointments since their returns. 7 straight wins w/out these cats says a lot about their value on the team.
    Not sure you can fairly judge, lineup changes and them missing time is a factor, and they need to balance their stats with what helps our team to win. We looked good, so they have the mental factor of "fitting in", if they look to dominate the ball and we struggle, they look like bums. If you think Carmelo Anthony is going to play out his contract as a mediocre player... well I got nothing for you

great win tonight. Glad we played like 10 guys and the score helped us rest. Tomorrow we make a statement to the HEAT with at the very least, a close game. Knicks 99 Heat 95

the thing about fitting in is

when you're in school and you try to fit in you look stupid, so essentially why not let STAT be themselves, Melo has been a great NBA player his entire career, no way 7 or 8 games without him defines how great of player he is, its the New York media blowing everything out of proportion, let our team grow and after 7/8 games together then we see how things are looking I guarantee if Lin starts having games of 4pts, 5ast and 10to's and we're losing people will say its Melo's fault and STAT's fault

So if we're going to be negative towards our 2 best players then they'll continue to play negative

Originally Posted by CA7

no. stop. he can't look for his shots and be "the guy" to the detriment of the team.

n trust me the kobes, jordan and pierce's figured out how to play within the flow, get there teammates involved for most of the game n dominate when it mattered most.

common man i ve been watching the game too long. i know what winning looks like. we CANNOT win ****e w melo dominating the basketball like we've seen him do. no chance.