Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
History is that. History. What matters is now and the future. He better show up tomorrow. Carmelo and STAT have been major disappointments since their returns. 7 straight wins w/out these cats says a lot about their value on the team.

Not sure you can fairly judge, lineup changes and them missing time is a factor, and they need to balance their stats with what helps our team to win. We looked good, so they have the mental factor of "fitting in", if they look to dominate the ball and we struggle, they look like bums. If you think Carmelo Anthony is going to play out his contract as a mediocre player... well I got nothing for you

petescud

Starter
great win tonight. Glad we played like 10 guys and the score helped us rest. Tomorrow we make a statement to the HEAT with at the very least, a close game. Knicks 99 Heat 95

CA7

Scoring Champ
the thing about fitting in is

when you're in school and you try to fit in you look stupid, so essentially why not let STAT be themselves, Melo has been a great NBA player his entire career, no way 7 or 8 games without him defines how great of player he is, its the New York media blowing everything out of proportion, let our team grow and after 7/8 games together then we see how things are looking I guarantee if Lin starts having games of 4pts, 5ast and 10to's and we're losing people will say its Melo's fault and STAT's fault

So if we're going to be negative towards our 2 best players then they'll continue to play negative

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
you must not be watching Kobe right now LMAO

anyway Melo has to be Melo he cant be Fields, he has to look to score, rebound and defend but when the games on the line or 5 minutes left in the 4th tied game vs Chicago/Miami Melo has to be "THE GUY" like I said I love the way Lin is playing and Melo has been asked to do too much this year with not help but once he regains form and finds his rhythm he is our guy in the 4th no one else

thats the thing about this Lin shit, he's been doing it for 2 weeks Melo has been doing it his whole career

no. stop. he can't look for his shots and be "the guy" to the detriment of the team.

n trust me the kobes, jordan and pierce's figured out how to play within the flow, get there teammates involved for most of the game n dominate when it mattered most.

common man i ve been watching the game too long. i know what winning looks like. we CANNOT win shite w melo dominating the basketball like we've seen him do. no chance.

CA7

Scoring Champ
no. stop. he can't look for his shots and be "the guy" to the detriment of the team.

n trust me the kobes, jordan and pierce's figured out how to play within the flow, get there teammates involved for most of the game n dominate when it mattered most.

common man i ve been watching the game too long. i know what winning looks like. we CANNOT win shite w melo dominating the basketball like we've seen him do. no chance.

whatever dude its obvious you dont see what we're talking about

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
whatever dude its obvious you dont see what we're talking about

ok man i don't know what im talking about. ive only been addicted to this game since the age of ten (23 yrs).

im trying to be objective.

listen i like melo. i like his game. but i also like and care about this team n i know how this thing needs to look.

melo only needs to dominate for stretches on this team, w this system n the type of talent we have man. if he does too much he disrupts the chemistry, balance n flow of the offense. plain n simple.

i know this disappoints team melo, but he has not taken that next step yet in the league.

he doesn't play D well enough and he hasn't shown the ability to make teammates better yet.

CA7

Scoring Champ
ok man i don't know what im talking about. ive only been addicted to this game since the age of ten (23 yrs).

im trying to be objective.

listen i like melo. i like his game. but i also like and care about this team n i know how this thing needs to look.

melo only needs to dominate for stretches on this team, w this system n the type of talent we have man. if he does too much he disrupts the chemistry, balance n flow of the offense. plain n simple.

i know this disappoints team melo, but he has not taken that next step yet in the league.

he doesn't play D well enough and he hasn't shown the ability to make teammates better yet.

dude thats what I'm saying the fact that guys want him to be a role player is where things go south, Melo is a 25point guy he's won more games in his career than he's lost I get what you're saying and you're not wrong but neither is "Team Melo" at the end of the day he's our best player and thus should be treated like that

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
dude thats what I'm saying the fact that guys want him to be a role player is where things go south, Melo is a 25point guy he's won more games in his career than he's lost I get what you're saying and you're not wrong but neither is "Team Melo" at the end of the day he's our best player and thus should be treated like that

no. i see where you guys are coming from but you're all pretty much wrong, [edit] w the exception of kingstarbury. he's a big melo guy, but understands what melo needs to do on this team in this system. i give him credit for that. he knows the game.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
how are we wrong when we say Melo should be allowed to play his game

again.. because him playing his game steals the flow and unpredictability from our O.

please try hard to understand this and you'll have my respect.

CoolClyde

great win, total domination! hard to nitpick about anything, excellent team performance. overall, i'm feeling good whenever Lin has the ball, he's settling into his role as THE #1 POINT GUARD ON THE NY F*CKING KNICKS.

remember, with no summer league, barely a pre-season, Macaroni needed 20 games to see what he had, and even then he didn't know it until Lin came into being. Now, we're 2 weeks into Lin-season, 2 games into Lin-Melo and 4 games into Lin-Stat... 2 games into B Diddy, 2 games in Junior Swish. This is an embryonic journey the team is on, we have yet to achieve greatness, but we're catching glimpses of what can be, and what we can mature into... the best Knick team in the past 10 years. Watching Baron von and JR relate gives you goosebumps of how great our 2nd team can be. Novak is a sharpshooter, you cannot take that away. as much as I rank on Girafferies, his game has transcended his offensive shortcomings, and he is becoming the Knicks MVP on defense and O-bounds. He also looks good in glasses. go figure.

PG (Lin) - check, backup PG (BD) - check
SG (Fields)- check, backup SG (JR) - check
SF (Melo) - check, backup SF (Novak) - check
PF ( STAT) - check, backup PF (Giraffe) - check
C (Chandler) - check, backup C (Harrellson) - check

we've got it going on. I'm even beginning to enjoy listening to Macaroni's post game analysis. whew.

:gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
again.. because him playing his game steals the flow and unpredictability from our O.

please try hard to understand this and you'll have my respect.

good teams will understand how to take away the things that have been going well for us

no penetration from Lin

no attacking from Landry

no lobs for Chandler

no open look for Novak

but one thing that a team can not take away is a healthy in rhythm Carmelo Anthony, we gotta make sure Melo is always in rhythm whether it be from scoring or just creating offense, because when the Heat put LeBron on Lin, Wade takes Fields out the game and their bigs dont allow STAT and Chandler to get space Melo is the guy we have to go to now if he isn't in rhythm and we have no offense to speak of then what we cant score and we lose

so making Melo strictly a role player is a bad idea but letting him shoot or running through him is also a bad idea, Melo needs his iso's just not as much as he's been doing the 1st half of the year

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
good teams will understand how to take away the things that have been going well for us

no penetration from Lin

no attacking from Landry

no lobs for Chandler

no open look for Novak

but one thing that a team can not take away is a healthy in rhythm Carmelo Anthony, we gotta make sure Melo is always in rhythm whether it be from scoring or just creating offense, because when the Heat put LeBron on Lin, Wade takes Fields out the game and their bigs dont allow STAT and Chandler to get space Melo is the guy we have to go to now if he isn't in rhythm and we have no offense to speak of then what we cant score and we lose

so making Melo strictly a role player is a bad idea but letting him shoot or running through him is also a bad idea, Melo needs his iso's just not as much as he's been doing the 1st half of the year

what about the pick n roll?? see this is what im talking about. people try to debate me when they really cant see the game from multiple angles.

what about the pick n roll?? now that we have lin it is our escape valve. the pick n roll opens up everything in this offense. lin can get in the paint at will w it (n on his own) and score or draw n kick out to shooters or find a cutter.

we dont nd melo n his isos accept for maybe late in games. we need him to sit on the perimeter and make shots. when hes making defenders will close hard on him. then he needs to drive by them n finish or draw n kick himself. he needs to do all of this quickly n in the flow.

CA7

Scoring Champ
what about the pick n roll?? see this is what im talking about. people try to debate me when they really cant see the game from multiple angles.

what about the pick n roll?? now that we have lin it is our escape valve. the pick n roll opens up everything in this offense. lin can get in the paint at will w it (n on his own) and score or draw n kick out to shooters or find a cutter.

we dont nd melo n his isos accept for maybe late in games. we need him to sit on the perimeter and make shots. when hes making defenders will close hard on him. then he needs to drive by them n finish or draw n kick himself. he needs to do all of this quickly n in the flow.

yeah dude lets run the pick n roll every time with Lin yet you were just stating Melo takes away the unpredictably of our offense, I dont know if you notice but if we go Melo iso, Lin pick n roll, Melo pick n roll, set play for STAT or JR or Landry then we have unpredictability, i for one do not want Lin going pick n roll for 43 minutes then iso'ing Melo for 5 minutes when the game is close thats retarded

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
yeah dude lets run the pick n roll every time with Lin yet you were just stating Melo takes away the unpredictably of our offense, I dont know if you notice but if we go Melo iso, Lin pick n roll, Melo pick n roll, set play for STAT or JR or Landry then we have unpredictability, i for one do not want Lin going pick n roll for 43 minutes then iso'ing Melo for 5 minutes when the game is close thats retarded

do you really think i mean we should run pick n roll every possession or r you just trying to amuse the forum w your lack of understanding?

CA7

Scoring Champ
do you really think i mean we should run pick n roll every possession or r you just trying to amuse the forum w your lack of understanding?

lmao no you cant be that dumb but for you to think that Melo shouldn't play his game within the system, LIKE D'ANTONI TOLD HIM TO, then thats just dumb

iJoe

Rotation player
Our offense is predicated on movement and creating mismatches with early transitions before the defense can settle. It works well at times, but we suffer big time when teams slow down the ball. Pick and rolls work well, but the guys away from the play need to learn how to move as well. Lot of our players still look a bit lost, but we're getting there.

Melo should not be ISO unless its against a mismatch. He needs to post up vs. mismatches a lot more like how Lebon bon has learned to. Guy is unstoppable in the post without a double team and Melo is a good enough to find someone open or score. Some off ball screens positioning Melo in the post would work wonders.

Last thing any of us want is Melo dribbling out the clock past the three point line. Almost wish they would Josh Smith him and forbid him from taking threes for a few games just to see what happens.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you're not wrong but neither is "Team Melo" at the end of the day he's our best player and thus should be treated like that

That's not necessarily the case. If it works with Melo as the dominant ball handler, we'd have a better record right now, but we do not. It took him sitting out for the team to realize its best approach.

Melo: "I want Jeremy to have the ball, hands down. I want him to create for me, I want him to create for Amare, I want him to create for everybody and still be as aggressive as he's been in the past."

http://www.sulia.com/channel/new-yor...source=twitter

My favorite statistic from the game: The Knicks pounded the Hawks in the paint 54 - 38 in the win. Mother****ing music to my ears!:peace:

pat

Starter
Who would have thought that Novak, Lin and Fields would be our three leading scorers in a game in which Amare, Melo, Smith and Davis played.
This year is beyond weird.