Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lmao no you cant be that dumb but for you to think that Melo shouldn't play his game within the system, LIKE D'ANTONI TOLD HIM TO, then thats just dumb

he needs to augment his game to fit the system. it is dumb to think melo can stand there pounding the rock trying to set up his man while our offense, one that is predicated on ball movement n quick decision making, stagnates n our other players are taken out of there rhythm within it. this is what you n team marshmelo is advocating n tht is just dumb. he needs to play within the flow of our offense. he doesnt have to do too much. he will get open looks, mismatches, chances to finish in transition. he just nds to make the right decisions n be efficient n he'll still easily average around 20. if he did this he could shoot a higher fg percentage n have more energy for the defensive end. n our offense would click w him as opposed to wht we've seen w us looking more in sync offensively w out him.

CoolClyde

Our offense is predicated on movement and creating mismatches with early transitions before the defense can settle. It works well at times, but we suffer big time when teams slow down the ball. Pick and rolls work well, but the guys away from the play need to learn how to move as well. Lot of our players still look a bit lost, but we're getting there.

Melo should not be ISO unless its against a mismatch. He needs to post up vs. mismatches a lot more like how Lebon bon has learned to. Guy is unstoppable in the post without a double team and Melo is a good enough to find someone open or score. Some off ball screens positioning Melo in the post would work wonders.

Last thing any of us want is Melo dribbling out the clock past the three point line. Almost wish they would Josh Smith him and forbid him from taking threes for a few games just to see what happens.
:agreed:
Melo driving to the hoop without a double team is a given.
Melo holding onto the ball while team watches is not good.
JLin as proper PG finding Melo and other Knicks in mismatches is best.

as mentioned, we're only 2 games into LinMelo, this will develop organically.
with Melo NOT point forward, there should be less stagnation, more screens, less double teams, more open men.

this is a gameplan for success.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can't believe the media and sheep-like followers on this site are still on Melo like that. The guy is our best player and WILL do what he does best no matter what. Antoni doesn't want him to change his game. He has a pg now so as far as Antoni is concerened, it will work itself out.

Antoni truly believes in Lin's decision making, so he has no problem with our superstar being the offensive threat that he is.

Dudes like Ronoranina need to move his focus to STAT. THIS is the guy you should be most worried about. Not Melo.

portega1968

El Cacique
I can't believe the media and sheep-like followers on this site are still on Melo like that. The guy is our best player and WILL do what he does best no matter what. Antoni doesn't want him to change his game. He has a pg now so as far as Antoni is concerened, it will work itself out.

Antoni truly believes in Lin's decision making, so he has no problem with our superstar being the offensive threat that he is.

cosign

Dudes like Ronoranina need to move his focus to STAT. THIS is the guy you should be most worried about. Not Melo.

disagree... Both Melo and STAT are great players and will be valuable contributors down the stretch. Stat is in a funk right now, feeling his way between Melo and Chandler.... but he will produce when push comes to shove.

I love the team we have right now and wouldnt change a single thing. Why cant we all get along and stop hating on Stat or Melo, as well as Dantoni? This is what we will go to war with and we must accept it and root for this team through the ups and downs. This is te best shot we've had at a title in a long time.. let's celebrate our good fortune.

portega1968

El Cacique
How are you so sure? Haven't we already gotten to that point?

He's slowly losing minutes and touches.

Just blind faith bro'

I feel destiny is on our side after we've suffered for son long

It's in the air... got this feeling things are falling in place.

I may be proved wrong in the long run, but I have never felt so positive about our chances!!!

iJoe

Rotation player
How are you so sure? Haven't we already gotten to that point?

He's slowly losing minutes and touches.

Sad thing is that Amare looks content being third fiddle. Usually he'd be crazy aggressive and putting himself into positions where he demands the ball especially late in games.

Now... he just get his shot blocked all the time by scrubs and settles for jumpers off screens.... I really really hope he's just not in shape yet.