First preseason game: New York vs New Jersey

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, we'll start the preseason with the right foot. I know it's not an important game, but there's nothing that would make me more happy than to beat the nets.

:gony:

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no 1 get injured in the preason( unless its shandon anderson) i hate preseasons just for the possibility that a star player could get injured and jepordize the season

Bruno

Benchwarmer
the preseason games are for the players and coaches knowing and start playing the away the coach want .
Also the Netts are now a very week team the Knicks should win this games for have more the culture of wining this would be a dificult year because the others teams are more goods then last year like Sixers :lol:
Also knicks brazilianfan i dont like your avatar. :lol:

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Yeah this will showcase all of the new players during the preseason. Actually I am looking forward to preseason games just because you get to see people who normally won't play.
A chance for someone to stick on the roster? The pressure's on for people such as Barrett, Murray, etc

MATT

Rookie
Game is on YES Network tonight at 7 since it's with the Nets. I'm waiting to see Andre Barret, Ariza and Crawford obviously. I hope Lenny doesn't play TT too much in case he decides to start anything with Collins

ARKATECH

Rookie
YES !!!! my knicks bust down the nets................ a small victory but it makes me feel real good. Plus every thing that was said in training camp wasn't lies and hype. These guys are the real thing ! Crawford, Ariza, Sweetny we are HERE now !!!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Great win even though it's preseason. Ariza and Crawford looked very good in this one. Man I'm feeling good, and there's gonna be more of the same I hope.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
this was the best news from today! ok, not really, the best news is that my cell was reconnected :)

for those who didn't saw the boxscore yet, here it is:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2004101418

i see that our starters got a lot of minutes, i wonder if it wouldn't be better to give that time to our younger players. Oh well, maybe the significance of this game was the answer

Pics from the win:

jamal_041014.jpg

15knicks.jpg
jefferson_200_04022.jpg

for the san antonio game, we might have the chatroom back

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Wouldn't that be so great if Ariza (who has basically the same body as RJ maybe lengthier) developed a jumpshot (well sort of) and became RJ 2?
It's seriously a possibility with the right assistant coaches and some PT (see: Michael Sweetney).
I think Ariza is a guy with unlimited potential and is every bit as talented as most of the first round picks of this year.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
e_D said:
Ariza reminds me of a young Spreewell.
If he quickly developed an effective outside shot, I'd love that too. But yeah, Sprewell is also a good comparison. Think about it guys - 3 years from now he'll only be Sweetney's current age! wow.... coming a year out of college does have its benefits in terms of age!

Crawford played very well specially at the end of the game, when his skills helped the knicks to win the game.

Ariza made a very good debut with a nice dunk too! :hoops:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
someone correct me if i'm wriong, but this is the first time in few years to have a positive record?

:lol: